I'm Commander Shepard...

Merch

Are you fucking serious with this thread?

This. But hell. At least someone remembered it. Really gotta say I'm shocked that Bioware didn't toss this in to Citadel one last time.

I find it hard to believe it's better than Lair of the Shadow Broker.

It isn't. By any stretch of the imagination. Fan service and your main characters acting like idiots just makes for drug-induced DLC. Not to mention the ho-hum "sinister" plot that spans a whopping 4 missions and 2 hours. And you have your shortest DLC in series history. Sure, throw in the "party", and all of the "fun" activities they tossed in for added length. And you've got maybe 6 hours. But Shadow Broker this ain't. Hell, this isn't even close to being the best DLC for this installment. That honor goes to Leviathan. Which, you know, actually feels like proper Mass Effect DLC. Especially when you hold it up next to this.

Meh.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

I didn't play it but I watched it on Youtube and I have to say I like what I saw.

The story was on the same level the story of ME2 was (shit with few interesting moments) but the party and all the dialogue with teammates were great. They got every voice actor back (except Legion and Chakwas). For me the Mass Effect games were always about the characters and not about the story and this DLC was all about characters. And it made me want to replay the trilogy.

I didn't play it but I watched it on Youtube and I have to say I like what I saw.

The story was on the same level the story of ME2 was (shit with few interesting moments) but the party and all the dialogue with teammates were great. They got every voice actor back (except Legion and Chakwas). For me the Mass Effect games were always about the characters and not about the story and this DLC was all about characters. And it made me want to replay the trilogy.

No Legion? Fuck.

i like this DLC for COMPLETELY different reasons than i like something like shadow broker or leviathan. shadow broker allowed us to fight with a character from the first game that was missing in ME2 as well as told us some important info regarding cerberus and shepards body. leviathan brought something to the story that is arguably more important than the actual dialogue part of the finale of the game itself.

as far as characters goes, i think citadel is the best DLC and the best thing they could have done to alleviate the anti climactic final mission of the game, priority earth. the story of this DLC is not completely ridiculous considering what cerberus went through to bring shepard back originally, but it is pretty hokey at times. but its fun and the most important thing this DLC brings to the story(aside from being able to use wrex again for said hokey story), is the character aspect of it. having a mission that involves everyone and the interactions with everyone. the humor and nostalgia are practically off the charts. it is well worth it IMO for that reason.

So what armor did everyone pick from the store?

Nightmare since my Shepard on this playthrough is a Soldier. I ended up not using it though since the customized armor is better if you use the right parts. That's just personal preference though. The Spirit armor stats look amazing for an Adept playthrough.

This was easily the best DLC released for the series. If you mean purely mission content, then yeah, fine its only half the content and other dlc's did more in regard to the linear pacing of mission-based content with a definitive end. But the reason for this DLC to exist is to give closure and make it open-ended so you can pick up your character and play randomly again just for fun after the credits roll.

i loved this DLC, but i think if anyone bought the game and played all the DLC while doing their first playthrough would hate it. I can relate to it because i already know whats happens afterwards and i can get the silly jokes. Its aimed at the player like me, the mass effect fan. For casual gamers, they won't get it.

i loved this DLC, but i think if anyone bought the game and played all the DLC while doing their first playthrough would hate it. I can relate to it because i already know whats happens afterwards and i can get the silly jokes. Its aimed at the player like me, the mass effect fan. For casual gamers, they won't get it.

People actually care what casual gamers think? That's sad. :p I really don't think of casual gamers playing RPGs. I associate them with the Wii and Facebook mostly.

I liked the round up and the way that you got all the characters together... It was a nice way to say goodbye to Shepard and the crew. But I think I enjoyed Leviathan the most.... it had a plot point that was one of the most interesting in the game IMO.

Is it true there's no Legion in the DLC? That is fucking gay if so.

[spoiler=Legion]He's canonically dead at that point in the game...

So it would have been impossible for them to include him. Unless they did what they did with Mordin and Thane. But that just doesn't seem appropriate for Legion. It doesn't fit with his personality that he'd have left anything like that. He's just not that sentimental. (Obviously)

[spoiler=Legion2]He might very well have been after becoming a true AI. But he dies so quickly after that he doesn't really have a chance to put anything together. Plus he bids Shepard farewell before sacrificing himself. So I'm good with it.

I admit it would have been cool to see something with him. But I completely understand why they didn't. And it seems like the logical choice.