Ymir / Ancient Ruins.

RaynorHaCsA

• 4 weeks later...

Go back to Athlum and recruit a Herb user. The same thing happened to me and I realised a fundamental flaw in my playthrough up till then. All two or three unions need the ability to revive for when you face the Holy Servant so you will need one before grinding. Consider this a blessing, you will be better prepared for later stages of the game.

Ymir is tough with the wrong strategy, only commit 1 union at a time and he will rarely be able to hurt you. Sending 2 or more unions at a time leaves you open to his super move, he is also more likely to use it. I used the same strategy with Holy Servant but with only 2 unions. One union heals, the other attacks.

I beat Ymir at BR40 and he was by far my toughest battle but was glad for the experience since it made me a better player and he prepared me for the Holy Servant which I finally beat today at BR55.

Tip for Holy Servant, make sure you have Kiss of Life on 2 unions. I did a quick Solo Skill Grind for Rush from BR53 to BR55 with a chain of over 300 and almost all my leaders had it. I attempted to beat the Holy Servant at this level to make up for some mistakes in disc 1 like not picking healing soldiers early on.

Now I am grinding on floor 3 with Oblivion Wings because they give better stats than Ancbolders and keep your BR very low. 5-6 battles per BR as long as you don't chain. I let them surprise me.

Edited by Area88