Kasumi DLC worth it?

Knaussenheimer

After beating the series once, I've started a new game on ME3 but the photo in the citadel DLC looked kinda bleak with only six people in it so I'm gonna start a new runthrough at ME2 and am just wondering if people think I should pick up Kasumi's Stolen Memory?

I already have Cerberus Network with Zaeed and would like to have another ally but if she's a biatch and the mission(s) is(are) stupid then I won't bother.

Guest Scotty
After beating the series once, I've started a new game on ME3 but the photo in the citadel DLC looked kinda bleak with only six people in it so I'm gonna start a new runthrough at ME2 and am just wondering if people think I should pick up Kasumi's Stolen Memory?

I already have Cerberus Network with Zaeed and would like to have another ally but if she's a biatch and the mission(s) is(are) stupid then I won't bother.

It's a pretty decent DLC, IMO, if a little short. There is i think 1 mission that is in 2 parts, but you'll do it at once and you can get a new ally(Kasumi) and a new SMG as well as a new achievement.

I personally think it is worth getting.

It's a pretty decent DLC, IMO, if a little short. There is i think 1 mission that is in 2 parts, but you'll do it at once and you can get a new ally(Kasumi) and a new SMG as well as a new achievement.

I personally think it is worth getting.

I love Kasumi! When you bring her along on missions, she's always got something humorous to say.

Ok thanks I'll grab it. Just one question though, how is she in terms of staying alive on the suicide mission because the way I see it, the more squad mates you have, the more squad mates can die.

whoa what kasumi? as in ninja gaiden, dead or alive kasumi?

No as in Kasumi, "the Thief," who has her own DLC in the very game on which you are posting.

Ok thanks I'll grab it. Just one question though, how is she in terms of staying alive on the suicide mission because the way I see it, the more squad mates you have, the more squad mates can die.

No as in Kasumi, "the Thief," who has her own DLC in the very game on which you are posting.

oh haha i was gonna say it would be weird seeing kasumi from DOA in a mass effect game

Guest Scotty

I think you just need to do her loyalty mission, which is the DLC mission anyway and make sure you have all of the Normandy upgrades before going into the final mission and i don't think she'll die. It's been a couple of years since i played though, so hopefully i'm not missing anything.

Really, it all boils down to http://forum.bioware.com/topic/165410-mass-effect-2s-suicide-mission-guide-everything-about-the-final-mission/

When I did it first; Jack, Legion, Thane, and Mordin died--in that order--three of which still on the Normandy. Mordin fell when we were trying to close the doors, and I did this without Thane or Kasumi. Jack and Legion were not loyal because they had arguments with Miranda and Tali, respectively. Is there any way to keep both sides of an argument appeased? Other than that I really only need to better upgrade the Normandy to avoid any deaths for my second play through.

EDIT: I said I did it without Thane or Kasumi's I meant without Zaeed or Kasumi.

Edited by Knaussenheimer

When I did it first; Jack, Legion, Thane, and Mordin died--in that order--three of which still on the Normandy. Mordin fell when we were trying to close the doors, and I did this without Thane or Kasumi. Jack and Legion were not loyal because they had arguments with Miranda and Tali, respectively. Is there any way to keep both sides of an argument appeased? Other than that I really only need to better upgrade the Normandy to avoid any deaths for my second play through.

U need to have ur paragon/renagede bar at a certain point/maxed out and choose the that paths dialogue option to keep both sides happy and loyal. Also, Morden is better for protecting the surviving crew members u rescue than the hacking this vents, legion is better for it IMO.

Even if u alienate one of them, as long as u have a maxed out paragon/renagede bar before doing the final mission, talk to that person and use that side dialogue u can make that person loyal.

Edited by TheDarkOne

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took everyone's advice and got the DLC. One last question and spoiler warning, I read somewhere that whether or not you destroy the collector's base influences your war assets in mass effect 3. Which option would be better? My first playthough I did destroy it and was still able to get the best possible ending for ME3 (destroy the reapers and have the Normandy crew survive, Earth not decimated, and Shepard survives).

I do to think it affects ur assets, but it does affect some dialogue in ME3, predominately between u and the Illusive Man and possibly between u and anders. In the end, it's just a preference for u to decide to keep/destroy it. By not destroying it, it might also affect the second to last mission a bit, but I don't know on that part, I've always destroyed it.

In all honesty, the impact any one decision has over another in ME3 is negligible. Per http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/War_Assets (under Crucible), destroying the base gives you 100 MS, while keeping it gets you 110. So unless you're REALLY struggling to get EMS, 10 points isn't going to matter (and that pretty much goes with every option in the series). Just play as you would if you didn't know there was any difference in the options. ;)

Of course, by simply getting Kasumi, if you do her mission in ME3, that's 25 MS, which more than makes up the difference if you choose to destroy the base.

Edited by jswartz0181

In all honesty, the impact any one decision has over another in ME3 is negligible. Per http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/War_Assets (under Crucible), destroying the base gives you 100 MS, while keeping it gets you 110. So unless you're REALLY struggling to get EMS, 10 points isn't going to matter (and that pretty much goes with every option in the series). Just play as you would if you didn't know there was any difference in the options. ;)

Of course, by simply getting Kasumi, if you do her mission in ME3, that's 25 MS, which more than makes up the difference if you choose to destroy the base.

Alright thanks because I would definitely prefer to destroy it. Let those collector basterds burn in hell! :uzi:

Edited by Knaussenheimer

Sorry I keep using this thread to ask my questions, which by now have very little to do with Kasumi (whom I love using, have had her on every mission with me), but people seem to answer it so why not. Three questions, two of which are again about the suicide mission:

1. If the squad member dies during the actual fighting/gameplay but respawns, not during any cutscene, can I still get this?

2. If I die during the actual fighting/gamelpay and not during a cutscene but I respawn after I press continue game at the "Mission Failed" screen can I still get this? Or do I have to restart from the previous checkpoint using a different save file?

3. My character is an adept, will I ever be able to use an assault rifle or sniper? I was on Mass Effect 3 as an adept from the beginning.

By "this," do you mean the achievement No One Left Behind? If so, that only applies to cut-scenes deaths (squadmates really only go unconscious, thus their getting up on their own after combat ends, and when you go down, it just loads up the most recent save).

As for the rifles, on the collector ship mission, you come across a pile of guns (where you learn the collectors' origins), at which point you pick one to gain the ability to use. On my current playthru as an engineer (finally getting around to Insanity -- which is proving to be a snoozefest with him (while having Dominate as his BP)), I picked up the assault rifle, but have only used it once (while still on the ship), and I'm getting close to launching the suicide mission. Of course, engineers are a power-based class, so the only time I fire my guns are to take down barriers in order to dominate/when enemies are right on top of me.

By "this," do you mean the achievement No One Left Behind? If so, that only applies to cut-scenes deaths (squadmates really only go unconscious, thus their getting up on their own after combat ends, and when you go down, it just loads up the most recent save).

As for the rifles, on the collector ship mission, you come across a pile of guns (where you learn the collectors' origins), at which point you pick one to gain the ability to use. On my current playthru as an engineer (finally getting around to Insanity -- which is proving to be a snoozefest with him (while having Dominate as his BP)), I picked up the assault rifle, but have only used it once (while still on the ship), and I'm getting close to launching the suicide mission. Of course, engineers are a power-based class, so the only time I fire my guns are to take down barriers in order to dominate/when enemies are right on top of me.

Yes I meant "No one Left Behind." Sorry I should have been more specific. I just copied and pasted my comment from that achievement. Thanks for answering though, and as quickly as you did. :)

Hopefully my last question for this forum which by now has nothing to do with Kasumi. I lost Miranda's loyalty in her argument with jack and have over 80% paragon but it still isn't enough to get it back. The only mission I have yet to complete is legion's loyalty mission so my question is, should I fail to get her loyalty back can she still survive the suicide mission if I don't pick her for anything? If so, can legion also survive it because I'm also unlikely to have enough paragon to get him loyal.

Edit: I no longer need that question answered.

Huge thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. It was a great help to first of all see whether or not Kasumi's Stolen Memory was actually worth it. You convinced me it was and couldn't have been more right. I used her for almost every mission, including three of the four squads that I selected on the Suicide Mission, she was actually the one that I caught from falling off the platform in the final cutscene. More than that though, you all helped me make wise decisions throughout the story to avoid repeating my first playthrough and having four squad mates die in the suicide mission. I answered my own question that posed was earlier in this comment about Miranda still surviving without loyalty. She was the only one I didn't have loyal (I was able to resolve the conflict between Legion and Tali with my paragon but still couldn't get Miranda loyal again) so I didn't choose her for anything and managed to keep everyone alive. Thank you jswartz0181 for that link in comment 8 as it really helped.

Edited by Knaussenheimer

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...