Achievement Discussion

Barad

Difficulty achievements. Game goes into the "buy when it's cheap" pile. Such a poor way of trying to make a game last longer.

Wow, you put off a game because of difficulty achievements? Weird.

I'm avoiding the list to make sure I don't get spoilered. Are there any spoilers in the non-Secret section, and are there any non-story achievements in the Secret section?

Wow, you put off a game because of difficulty achievements? Weird.

It's odd, yeah. They make me feel like I haven't really completed the game though, and if I don't feel like I'm going to complete the game I'll prioritise other games over it.

I'm avoiding the list to make sure I don't get spoilered. Are there any spoilers in the non-Secret section, and are there any non-story achievements in the Secret section?

There is no secret achievement section and all of the story achievements have a description of "Progress the story to unlock this achievement.". Obviously the achievement titles aren't hidden, so it may be possible to work some stuff out from those.

The other achievements are for doing various things in the game like with the previous Dragon Age games. Crafting, killing stuff, etc.

I don't think you'll be spoilered by reading the achievements, but I accept no responsibility if you are somehow. ;)

I'll probably will play through it several times on regular difficulty while exploring the full story; then when i know the game i will rush through on nightmare to get the achievement.

I don't normally mind difficulty achievements but in a RPGs i feel like it interferes with your immersion in the story, because you eventually make a choice to avoid some fight despite the fact that your character would totally not avoid that fight because X reason.

I think the difficulty achievement should be scaled, like beat once on nightmare, OR twice on hard, Or 3 times on normal, Or 4 times on easy. Therefore it rewards the players who play the game over and over, or those who tackle the hardest difficulty.

Actually what i found most disappointing about the achievement list is that, with the possible exception of the kill 2,500 enemies achievement or difficulty achievements, all these can be earned in a single play-through. I was hoping for a list closer to Origins where you had to play multiple times and make different decisions in order to get all the achievements.

Edited by Loki511041
edit grammer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ugggh I hate when they have difficulty achievements. But with that said as of now I have all them 1000/1000. Nightmare was not as bad as I thought it would be. But after 3 playthroughs I will be not being doing another one for awhile. Just will play multiplayer for now. As much as I have seen a lot of negativity about the mulitplayer, I am enjoying it.

Nightmare was easy. I don't see why people make a difficulty achievement seem so bad. The game plays fairly well and has a lot to offer. As long as you continuously farm for crafting materials and constantly keep your weapons and armor upgraded and inspect the enemies weak points then you won't have an issue. Not play a game because of difficulty means your just not ready for a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...