Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Guest Scotty

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10 Solo or Co-Op (If done on 'Normal Mode')

Offline: 3/3 (125:gsicon:)

Online: 0/3 (0:gsicon:)

Approximate amount of time to 125:gsicon:: 2 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Missable achievements: None

Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None

Extra equipment needed?: None

Introduction:

Welcome to the Holodome! This wave survival mode will have you battling against the biggest and finest enemies that the Moon of Pandora has to offer. There are only 3 achievements and they can be done in a single sitting. 1 of the 3 achievements can prove to be a little tricky but nothing too difficult, especially for the Borderlands veterans.

I would recommended that you play this on 'Normal Mode' with a high level character if you are solely trying to obtain the achievements as this is what I based the 1/10 difficulty on.

Step 1: Begin the Onslaught

There is only 1 step necessary and it is to begin the Onslaught! After downloading the DLC you will be able to fast travel to a location called 'The Holodome', so do this to begin.

Once there, accept the somewhat monotonous series of missions and start killing your way through the waves of enemies to emerge triumphant and 125:gsicon: richer. There isn't much more to be said, just grab the first mission from Holotrap, beat the waves of enemies, turn the mission in and pick the next one up until you've beaten them all.

Conclusion

So there you have another 125:gsicon:! A simple DLC, quick to obtain and easy enough for the practiced gamer.

Edited by Scotty

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2979/51.jpg Smash the System 40:gsicon:

Complete all 5 rounds of The Holodome.

As you can imagine from the achievement description, there will be 5 rounds to complete. The mission, 'Digistructed Madness: Round 1' will be obtainable from the new area, 'The Holodome'.

Each round will consist if between 4 and 6 waves of enemies, so kill all of the enemies in all of the waves to complete the round.

Round 1: 4 Waves

Round 2: 4 Waves

Round 3: 5 Waves

Round 4: 5 Waves

Round 5: 6 Waves

After turning in the mission after beating the sixth Wave of Round 5, the achievement will unlock.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2979/52.jpg Stronger! Smarter! 40:gsicon:

Complete the Badass Round of The Holodome.

After beating the first 5 Rounds of the Holodome, you will be given another mission 'Digistruct Madness: The Badass Round'. This is effectively a sixth Round but all of the enemies you will face are Badasses.

This sixth Round consists of 7 Waves, so complete them all and turn in the mission for the achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/2979/53.jpg I Welcome Your Attack, Fool 45:gsicon:

Complete the Badass Round without going into Fight For Your Life.

The Badass Round is available after completing the first 5 Rounds of the Holodome. It is replayable, so if you go into Fight For Your Life let yourself die, then restart the Round..

I would recommend attempting this achievement on the 'Normal Mode' playthrough as the enemies will be capped at or around level 33 and you can bring in your level 50+ character to destroy everyone with ease. Be careful not to fall as there is a pit in the center of the arena which will kill you outright if you happen to fall into it.

Nice, glad to see you get this up so quick! I wonder which took longer - beating the DLC or writing this up haha

I'm surprised there's no raid boss. Is this the first campaign DLC since BL1 without a raid boss in it? No complaints from me.

The DLC took longer, funnily enough! :p

It's so easy and straight forward that i struggled to fill the all but empty roadmap in. :D

It's hard to believe that Gearbox would throw in another one of these as an entire DLC. I know it comes with Jack, but still. Arenas like this in some of their past DLC packs in BL2 were just a part of the DLC, not the whole thing. I hope they step it up with the next one.

This DLC is garbage come on Gearbox

It's hard to believe that Gearbox would throw in another one of these as an entire DLC. I know it comes with Jack, but still. Arenas like this in some of their past DLC packs in BL2 were just a part of the DLC, not the whole thing. I hope they step it up with the next one.

Agreed! It's pretty poor. I did it myself in a couple of hours, then blasted through again with amacteur and it probably took us 1.5-2 hours-ish(I/we did it on Normal, but still). The fact that this is 1/4 of the season pass is a complete joke, i'll never buy another season pass for a Gearbox game again, that's for damn sure!

Doubly agree. I did it with a buddy on normal and it took about an hour and half, and a good deal of that time was spent running around the arena trying to find enemies! They'd spawn in a nook and just stand back there and not attack, making it take so much longer than it should have. Also, like you guys said, the fact that this is the ONLY part of the DLC is terrible. At least with Torgue Campaign of Carnage, there were a bunch of other story missions in addition to the arena, and side missions. I've been having more fun with UVHM and leveling up.

Also I don't get why the orange class mod is a quest reward for round three. I would have expected an orange reward for round five. Strange.

Lastly, it sucks there isn't a way to reset progress on this DLC without reseting campaign progress in the main game, like to go back and get higher level rewards from this without having to start the main story over.

Triple(?) agree. I'm glad i didn't bought the Season Pass. And the legendary class mod isn't that good imho. I had some hopes for some new legendary weapons but instead i didn't find any legendary items at the vendor machines since the DLC update. Not a single one and i'm up to lvl 56. i fear they fixed this too somehow...

Yup, also glad I didn't buy the season pass for TPS. Let's see if the next DLC is any good!

Unlikely. This series hasn't had a good DLC since General Knoxx for the first game, IMO. Everything else has been pretty poor. Tiny Tina's(Although i find her unfunny and insufferable!) DLC for the second game was ok, but nothing special. In fact, besides MoxxiDome, the first game has had the better DLC of the series, i think.

So yeah, we're half way through the season pass and have an underwhelming character and a 1.5 hour long horde mode. Can't wait for the next one......

Yup, also glad I didn't buy the season pass for TPS. Let's see if the next DLC is any good!

I'm pretty sure the next DLC will be the third part of the season pass which will be the next new character, aka another waste of money.

Unlikely. This series hasn't had a good DLC since General Knoxx for the first game, IMO. Everything else has been pretty poor. Tiny Tina's(Although i find her unfunny and insufferable!) DLC for the second game was ok, but nothing special. In fact, besides MoxxiDome, the first game has had the better DLC of the series, i think.

So yeah, we're half way through the season pass and have an underwhelming character and a 1.5 hour long horde mode. Can't wait for the next one......

I liked the story and dialogue in the General Knoxx DLC but the lack of fast travel and all that driving was absolutely horrible, constantly opening the map to figure out where I'm going.

You're stupid, Tiny Tina is AWESOME. Her DLC was "the bomb, yo."

Nope. She not at all funny, every time she opens her mouth i cringe. Luckily, i rarely listen to dialogue in any game, so i only had to suffer her shit the first time i met her in BL2. I will relinquish the fact that her DLC was pretty cool, but only because of the setting not because of her.

I'm pretty sure the next DLC will be the third part of the season pass which will be the next new character, aka another waste of money.

Yep, that'll be the one.

I liked the story and dialogue in the General Knoxx DLC but the lack of fast travel and all that driving was absolutely horrible, constantly opening the map to figure out where I'm going.

True, but to be honest i enjoyed the driving around in it. I'm a huge fan of fast travel in any game(because i'm super lazy), but when i find the driving fun, i can easily forgive it. :)

Edited by Scotty

WTF!? You've been playing Dragon Age, or so my news feed tells me; you better be listening to that dialogue. If not, there's no point in even playing it!

I think we may play games for different reasons. My reasons don't involve being embroiled in a good story, unfortunately. :)

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official XboxAchievements.com Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official XboxAchievements.com Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel / DLC: Holodrome Onslaught Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 3 weeks later...