The Ending What Did You Do? Spoiler Alert!

Brutalsleeper

What did you do?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What did you do?

• Take 'The Cure'
    • Leave 'The Cure'

Just wondering everyone else did when they had to chose towards the ending.

I took the cure personally thought It would be the kindest thing to do.

Warning I have tried to keep my post spoiler free but I can't promise anything about the replies. If you haven't finished The Pitt read at your own peril.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Took the cure, purely because I didn't realize it was a bad decision until I had already made it. Looking back, even at the time, I know I should have left it, but once you have the cure in your hands, the people go nuts and there isn't exactly an 'undo', or an 'oh, sorry I took it, here you go', so, I went with it and brought back teddy bears quite often.

• 3 months later...
Took the cure, purely because I didn't realize it was a bad decision until I had already made it. Looking back, even at the time, I know I should have left it, but once you have the cure in your hands, the people go nuts and there isn't exactly an 'undo', or an 'oh, sorry I took it, here you go', so, I went with it and brought back teddy bears quite often.

Actually you can give the baby back to the mother after taking him :)

I took the baby because simpel reason if you leave baby there slaves won't get free and get killed by raiders. Baby is still in taking care of by different person.

Only thing what worries me that where you carry the baby?

You get shooted by the raiders and baby is in lala-land that time while waiting that you get to safe?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the writing in this game, nothing is perfectly easy to classify as right or wrong. It could be right for the wrong reasons or wrong for the right reasons.

[spoiler=ID]I didn't agree with either side, but I took Maria and left her with the slaves for care. Though I felt awful doing it. Werhner starts turning into a real asshole, glad Midea is taking care of the baby as I'm sure Werhner would have just chopped her up into bits for the testing. Am now going to be bringing teddy bears any chance I get. I have a few stocked up in my locker in Megaton. Should really reload the save and see how the Ashur ending plays out.

Werhner: any means to an end: all and well to free slaves but my gut tells me he will be no better than Ashur. History is ripe with corrupt governments being overthrown in the name of freedom only to be replaced by another equally corrupt. The slaves just traded one chain for another.

Ashur: terrible acts with good intentions: likewise in history many horrible things have been done with the best misguided intentions. Trying to rebuild humanity's capacity for development is a noble ideal, but on the backs of forced labor is not. If he wasn't so damn pragmatic he might have understood what he was doing was wrong.

It was an ambiguous and tough call.

One thing occurred to me during the fight out of Haven, I got caught stealing Maria so everyone went hostile. Understandable...but...

I have a baby!!! Stop shooting at me!!!!!!!! :mad:

Edited by Opiate42

• 1 month later...

as it looked sleeping peacefully and the family would be very mad of it i took the choise to leave it there, don't really know if that had been the right dicision to make but i did it anyway and i couldn't reverse it cause i didn't have a save from before i left the baby

I took it, but then wished I hadn't. I liked the fact that the whole story was morally ambiguous, as the very people you're attempting to save turn out to be jerks as well.

so true... but the exp for slaughtering all the raiders wasn't bad in the end.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I wanted to kill all the raiders, so when Ashur asked me what I wanted... or something like that. I answered "I'm here to kill you all"

Then, I didn't have much choice...

But I realized too late that Werner is an asshole and I would probably have done the other way, but I would have felt bad for the slaves...

f**k that choice !:mad:

• 1 year later...