Wonderful Experience - Just Completed Story

Area88

I just pick this up and it was so addictive. I loved it and was waking up at 5am just to play the story. I actually love it way more than the original PSO. PSU had better, more colourful graphics, more shops, better weapon customisation, better enemies and level design.

The first few chapters were so addictive to play, the story does go through a slow patch mid-way but the last couple of chapters were excellent. Especially the last level, going into the Hive. Very creepy level design.

I did all the Free Missions and completed the game on level 64. I also bought the S-Class Double Saber from the shop in Moatoob. I also bought the Photon Art for it and I levelled it up so quickly on the last level. Before I was using a single Saber but I could quickly see that S-Class weapons have more potential and their stats go up quicker and higher. It also oozes fiery red glow and looks so cool. I can see why people collect S-Class weapons, they stand out so much than the standard A-C.

Anyway, I'm level 76 now and I was repeating the Hive again and Ground Zero mission to see if I could buy the S-Class armour from Moatoob as well. Already have all the achievements but I loved this game so much, I wanted to complete it in my mind as well and satisfy my cravings.

Wish I had bought this back in the day and played online. I hope we get another Phantasy Star on the consoles in the future. The depth to these games is out of this world.

• 8 months later...

I don't know if you will see this, but i agree with all of your points. Personally i love this game, and i feel like i missed out on so much because i didn't get very long to play online. I only managed to get 1 months worth of online play before the servers closed down. That 1 month was great fun though.

• 1 month later...

I have seen it. I always recheck my posts.

Wow you got a whole month. That's more than I got. I bet it makes the memories and experience that much sweeter. I felt the same with Halo 2 on the original Xbox, didn't get to play as much and now I feel I've missed out big time.

I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII right now and getting 1000g but I always think back to the time I played this. PSU was one of my favourite games of all time. Definitely in my top 10 ever. Thanks for replying to my post :)

Cool game collection btw. We have very similar taste in games, which would explain why we agree with each other. I just recently completed Bakugan. It was awesome and I'm a Sega fanatic. Also JRPG's are my favourite genre.

Edited by Area88