Dolce - 1st Play - 1st Encounter

ThChronicSmoker

I have just reached Dolce on the pirate ship for the first time on my first play through.

Can anyone offer any tips from their experiences?

What level should i be at for example?

My current Party stats are as follows:

Polka LVL: 21

Jonas's Parasol, Leather Jacket, Silver Necklace, Power Ring

Beat LVL: 20

Hoolurge Gun, Tailored Clothes, Piercing Shell

Salsa LVL: 21

Mercy Breath, Sparkling Clothes, Spirit Arrowhead, Lace Veil

Out of party:

Frederic LVL: 18

Harmonic Wand, Coachman's Coat, Stone Sword Hilt, EZI scarf

Thanks.

o.0 I was around level 26 at this point and even I had trouble with her killing my party members.

I would recommend building your levels a little and make sure to take out the two pirates before you attack Dolce as they can hurt you just as much as she can. Also, don't group your characters together if you can avoid it. Have at least one far away enough that they can heal from a distance (Chopin or Polka). I didn't use Beat. I used Chopin, Salsa and Polka.

I had Beat, Salsa and Chopin in my party. All were above level 25 and I had to use like 4 or 5 revives and Chopin died at the end, not finishing the fight. I would advise you to level up a bit more. At the time, I was playing as a strictly offensive player, the only healing I did was with items. She could be much easier if you can sufficiently utilize your healing powers. During the figh take out both guards before worrying about the Capt.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Beat. Other than pictures, I consider him the only completely useless playable character. Frederic, on the other hand, is one of my favorite characters.

There isn't much to say. Try to group the pirates without grouping up your own characters. I beat Dolce the first time with Fred/Polka/Salsa all Level 21, needing to revive a couple of times. If you're on Encore, though, you'll almost have to get to at least Level 24. Frederic then learns Spirits Pathway, the most powerful healing spell in that stage of the game.

Just build up echoes to power up Super Nova(?) for Salsa, and keep her out of the dark, because Shadow Silhouette is much less useful. Unless you need healing, in which case save it for Earth Heal or Sacred Signature or Spirits Pathway if you have it. And this goes without saying but learn to BLOCK.

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Eh, I had Frederic at level 23 with a decent equipement, everyone else at lvl 18 with no equipement. They all died before attacking.

Eventually backtracked to the ship and bought good weapons and armors, unlocked Spirits Pathway. used Polka and Frederic to heal Salsa while she killed the 2 pirates.

• 4 months later...

I grinded a lot (after all this is what RPG means) and beat Dolce, even in Encore mode, without using any items.

Frederick: Lv.32 (He learns Orzel Bialy at this level and this move is very powerful, 2nd move I set it to be Coup de Jarnac)

Salsa: Lv.32 (Deadly Orbits learnt around Lv.28, 2nd move Shadow Silhoette)

Beat: Lv.32

• 7 months later...

For both the initial AND encore playthroughs, this fight is the worst you'll fight. Only gets easier from here. I doubted it until I played through. In both instances, you're underpowered and saddled with weak characters and rubbish equipment. But if you get through it you have clear sailing. I'm playing encore and am destroying all opposite from Aria Temple onward (so far, and at the same rate I did the first time through, anyway).

I destroyed Dolce in my first encounter on Encore. First attempt, without hassles. Did this with Polka, Chopin, and Salsa, who built mostly the Harmonies. Basically, I nailed one of the pirates with all three characters at a time, fending off Dolce while I did this. Block well. Healed and revived where needed (not sure that I did, must have because I am clumsy as heck). After they were nailed, I hit her with three Very Odd Chocolate to reduce her strength, and then I steadily hammered away at her with Salsa as Chopin and Polca healed and built the Harmony.

She couldn't do serious damage after her strength was reduced. She still hurt, but I had the breathing room to heal and hit away at her. Don't stress.

Give it your best and you'll nail her.