Evolution of a Gamertag

VonDoom

over the years, I've changed my gamertag quite a few times. for one reason or another, I've even changed it the only to be disappointed with it change it again in a matter of minutes. so here's a list of all the gamertags I've ever used on ONE account, no starting a new account, these are all legitimate name changes.

V4l3nt1n3

IVALENTINEI

XbscX Valentine

II SPARTA II

SS SPARTA

SPARTA SS

III SPARTA III

VON DOOOM

III SPARTA IIII

Rx Treasonist

Sparta tmc

Tyler Durden tmc

VAgasmasksNJ

I Von Doom tmc

II VON DOOM II

and finally .... Von Doom tmc

so there ya go, just thought someone around here will think its crazy how much money i wasted on changing my name. :)

any of yall have extensive gamertag changes?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the largest waste of money I have ever seen in my entire life. No, really...

Yea. I second that. Changing your GT once, maybe twice, would be all I would ever do.

And why would you want to waste that much money on Gamertags. That's what... $160?

And 6 of them were basically the same.

That's the largest waste of money I have ever seen in my entire life. No, really...

yeah it was something like 160 dollars worth. for a while there my Girlfriends credit card was linked to my account. but after a while she stopped footing the bill. lol go figure. it was a waste

Wow, that is a lot of money down the drain, but it's hardly the biggest waste I've seen. Wanna see people waste money? Head over to eBay and check out how many people are selling the WoW loot cards for the Spectral Tiger. They go for about $1,000. Sad thing is, they actually sell. I played on a server with a top 10 US guild, and about 1/4 of their members had Spectral Tigers. They had about 100 members total.

12,800 MS points is nothing. ;)

As for times I've wasted money.. Well, I waste it a lot unfortunately, but the most recent time is when I changed my name to Richard Bastion, I had to change it immediately after because of a typo. That sucked.

yeah it was something like 160 dollars worth. for a while there my Girlfriends credit card was linked to my account. but after a while she stopped footing the bill. lol go figure. it was a waste

Wow, way to be a mooch. :rolleyes: No wonder you blew through all that money.

I'll bet if it was your own money you wouldn't have even wasted your time changing it once.

It is your (girl friend's...) money and I hope you enjoyed your purchase(s).

I've been able to keep my gamertag my entire time on Xbox live and I never intend on changing it. I would much rather spend my money on more important thing than trying to out do my friends (assuming). Glad to hear you say that was your last gamertag change. Good luck with keeping it.

SS SPARTA

SPARTA SS

Seriously?

I will include part of my commentary in the quote, so please see it and the notations at the bottom after the quote.

over the years, I've changed my gamertag quite a few times. for one reason or another, I've even changed it the only to be disappointed with it change it again in a matter of minutes. so here's a list of all the gamertags I've ever used on ONE account, no starting a new account, these are all legitimate name changes.

V4l3nt1n3

IVALENTINEI understandable

XbscX Valentine in a clan? understandable

II SPARTA II understandable

SS SPARTA waste of your girlfriend's hard earned money you mooch

SPARTA SS waste of your girlfriend's hard earned money you mooch

III SPARTA III what was the fucking point?!

VON DOOOM understandable

III SPARTA IIII what the fuck you just changed it back!!! waste!

Rx Treasonist no real reason

Sparta tmc hope she dumped your ass at this point

Tyler Durden tmc way to completely fuck your girlfriend over

VAgasmasksNJ what was the point?

I Von Doom tmc understandable

II VON DOOM II understandable you want to get rid of the tmc

and finally .... Von Doom tmc you just reverted it back! moron!!!

so there ya go, just thought someone around here will think its crazy how much money i wasted on changing my name. :)

So I saw it was your girlfriend's card when you first posted. I wasn't going to say anything, but the more I thought about it...

Dude, seriously, I'm not flaming you, but I hope you paid her back for about 90% of those gamertags. To me it seems like all you did was mooch money off of your girlfriend. If she put her card on there for you, it meant she trusted you, and none of that looks like trust to me, that looks like fucking exploitation.

If you two had an agreement about the name change thing, that's one thing. I hope you man up to pay her back at least. If not, and you did all of this just because she had her card on there and you could make the charges and not intend to pay, then I hope she left your ass, and you got what was coming to you. I completely understand the first two or three changes (see the quote), but after that, you just abused the card man. All there is to it.

I've had mine since the day I joined up for Live. I'm not changing it. I never will. Some have to change it, but to add another I at the start and end is absolutely retarded.

Nevermind, I said you deleted that portion about it being your girl's card but I see it was Post #4, thought it was in the original one (thank you DMF for catching that for me). But, I think I did a good job of restraining myself regardless. Trust me, I have a LOT more choice words for you...

Edited by ApochWeiss

Wait, so not only were you spending a shit load of money on changing your gamertag to almost fuck all different, but you were making your girlfriend pay?

Dude, you're a dick.

I went from PromiseNothing > RagingTesticle which I was then forced to change to WhineyRabbit, then I started repping with Rabbit x360a.

Edited by WhineyRabbit

Wait, so not only were you spending a shit load of money on changing your gamertag to almost fuck all different, but you were making your girlfriend pay?

Dude, you're a dick.

I went from PromiseNothing > RagingTesticle which I was then forced to change to WhineyRabbit, then I started repping with Rabbit x360a.

Scumbag is more appropriate

Dude, RagingTesticle is an amazing name. Too bad you had to change it.

Damn, that's 12,800 MS points down the drain.

You could've bought several Live arcade games with all those points.

Anyways, my gamertag; RevolverOcl2 has been the same ever since I got Live so I can't be part of this club.

Actually only 12,000 since first name is free. But still, that's $149.94 without tax.

VON DOOOM understandable

He really wanted the 4th "I" at the end for Sparta... if only you could get Von Doom, or VonDoom.

Edited by Evil Demon55

Actually only 12,000 since first name is free. But still, that's $149.94 without tax.

VON DOOOM understandable

He really wanted the 4th "I" at the end for Sparta... if only you could get Von Doom, or VonDoom.

Holy shit. I didn't even notice that 4th I at the end there. I thought he just reverted it back! Wow, I'm not paying attention. That makes it all the more understandable... I seriously wonder how that conversation went down.

"You changed your name BACK to Sparta? AGAIN?!"

"I didn't change shit back!"

"Yes you did! Oh my gawd you did! III Sparta III!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Nononononononononononono." over her "Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes."

"No! If you look closely...it's III Sparta IIII."

"Oh fuck off."

"No you!"

*DOOR SLAMS SHUT*

"Bitch, insultin' my name. I'mma man! Shit, I can change my gamertag however I want!" *takes drink from sippy cup*

Seriously, that's how I picture that one haha

Scumbag is more appropriate

Dude, RagingTesticle is an amazing name. Too bad you had to change it.

Tell me about it!

I was playing Burnout with randomers and had some dude going

"HOLY SHIT, I'm being chased by a RagingTesticle!"

Man it was awesome, only lasted a couple of weeks though =/

Haha yea. Think of his friends.

"You here about III Sparta III?"

"No, what he do"

"HE ADDED AN I TO THE END OF HIS NAME!!!!"

"Oh no he didn't, that's way to insane, you're joking!"

"No, he did!"

"Wow, he is hardcore... hardcore"

"What will he do next?"

"I don't know, but I sure don't want to be around him when he thinks of it!"

"Think if he adds another I?"

"Don't... don't go there..."

Edited by Evil Demon55

Tell me about it!

I was playing Burnout with randomers and had some dude going

"HOLY SHIT, I'm being chased by a RagingTesticle!"

Man it was awesome, only lasted a couple of weeks though =/

Oh man, you are seriously making me want to take some of DMF087's money (my fiancee) when she actually puts some on her card and chaneg my gamertag to RagingTesticle only to change it back to Apoch Weiss again...but with an I at the end...

OH! And by the way VonDoom...welcome to the forums ;)

Edited by ApochWeiss

Oh man, you are seriously making me want to take some of DMF087's money (my fiancee) when she actually puts some on her card and chaneg my gamertag to RagingTesticle only to change it back to Apoch Weiss again...but with an I at the end...

OH! And by the way VonDoom...welcome to the forums ;)

Apoch Weiss

RagingTesticle

Apoch Weiss I

Raging Testicle

QQ Apoch

Apoch QQ

Apo QQ Ch

Apoch regt

I Apoch regt

Raging Apoch

Apoch Testicle

III Poch III

III Poch IIIIIIIIIII

There, I made your evolution of a Gamertag for you.

Apoch Weiss

RagingTesticle

x4p0chw3155xxxXx

Apoch Weiss I

Raging Testicle

QQ Apoch

Apoch QQ

A Raging Testicle

PAapochweissAP

Apo QQ Ch

Apoch regt

I Apoch regt

MWC Al Bundy III

Raging Apoch

Apoch Testicle

III Poch III

III Poch IIIIIIIIIII

I Apoch Weiss

There, I made your evolution of a Gamertag for you.

Dude, that's epic, but you forgot a few. Fixed it for you ;)

Anyone else waiting for the lock, deletion, and/or infractions?

Edited by ApochWeiss
I think I changed the quoted list more times then the OP changed his gamertag!

V4l3nt1n3

IVALENTINEI

XbscX Valentine

II SPARTA II

SS SPARTA

SPARTA SS

III SPARTA III

VON DOOOM

III SPARTA IIII

Rx Treasonist

Sparta tmc

Tyler Durden tmc

VAgasmasksNJ

I Von Doom tmc

II VON DOOM II

and finally .... Von Doom tmc

Degeneration of a gamertag.

Serious waste of money for some horrible names

THIS is why I only keep a certain amount of money on my card and have my bank lock my account when it goes down to a certain amount.

Pffttt... :chair

THIS is why I only keep a certain amount of money on my card and have my bank lock my account when it goes down to a certain amount.

Pffttt... :chair

I bought you that Skelanimals stuffed kitty you sleep with now. I also bought you your new Gir purse when you didn't pay me back for yet. AND I'm taking you to meet Darkest Hour on the 12th. I'm sure you could spare me $149 for gamertag changes ;)

And you know, as much fun as I am making of this situation, no one knows yet if the girl knew about it or not. MAYBE he did pay him back. MAYBE she said go for it don't worry I can lose $10 a week or something. Hell, maybe he took advantage of the card and she's too damn stupid to realize what's going on, or to call Microsoft and have the card removed.

Hopefully the OP will TRUTHFULLY clear the air of this, only because I'm curious now haha