GTA V Broke My Xbox

jholbro5

Well, it finally happened. I have been the proud owner of an original Xbox 360 (circa 2005) for several years now. It has survived several red rings of death, and countless hours of gaming. In the past year, I had increasing problems with my system freezing during gaming, especially with NCAA Football 2013, Red Dead Redemption, and Clash in the Clouds DLC for BioShock Infinite. But with GTA V, all it took was five minutes of playing before it froze . . . and froze . . . and froze again. So, even though my system may still function properly and have no issues, I had to finally give in and buy a new X360 S model to play the last few games on the system before I get a X1.

Farewell, old friend. Amazon better give me my trade-in credit.

Well, it finally happened. I have been the proud owner of an original Xbox 360 (circa 2005) for several years now. It has survived several red rings of death, and countless hours of gaming. In the past year, I had increasing problems with my system freezing during gaming, especially with NCAA Football 2013, Red Dead Redemption, and Clash in the Clouds DLC for BioShock Infinite. But with GTA V, all it took was five minutes of playing before it froze . . . and froze . . . and froze again. So, even though my system may still function properly and have no issues, I had to finally give in and buy a new X360 S model to play the last few games on the system before I get a X1.

Farewell, old friend. Amazon better give me my trade-in credit.

Couldn't possibly be all the prior symptoms you listed that eventually caused the death of your Xbox?

That's like saying someone has been suffering from heart attacks and cardiovascular problems for a decade but the cheeseburger they ate today is what did them in. LOL

That's like saying someone has been suffering from heart attacks and cardiovascular problems for a decade but the cheeseburger they ate today is what did them in. LOL

LOL nicely put.

I'm sorry for your loss, R.I.P. and GTA didn't break your xbox like Floid said the game just finished it off lol.

I'll make sure I drink one to your lost homie. :drunk

I still remember all the times I got the red rings of death. I also remember that 3rd Scarecrow mission in Arkham Asylum that made me think my xbox crashed. Then the time when I smashed my last remaining good fatty xbox 360. Eventually getting a slim one year later, after going on a temporary PS3 Uncharted and MGS4 binge. Oh those were the days.

Edited by CrAzYnEsS

I've had the same Xbox 360 for several years and like you it's survived many things but the day I bought gta was the day my disc tray decided to pack in and refuse to open.

I wasn't having that so I jammed a screwdriver in and ripped it open but then it wouldn't close so I hit it in and it went in and I was happy. Then realised I had to do it all over again to play the second disc. Managed to get in but not bothered as I won't be taking that game out for a while