Resident Evil 5 stirs concerns of racism

Mr Arrow

I hesitate to even mention this but it's going to come up sooner or later.

Some people have NOTHING BETTER TO DO than come up with this absolute baseless crap.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25817098

PLEASE avoid the knee-jerk posts of hatred and limit this discussion to mature thoughtfull comments.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hesitate to even mention this but it's going to come up sooner or later.

Some people have NOTHING BETTER TO DO than come up with this absolute baseless crap.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25817098

PLEASE avoid the knee-jerk posts of hatred and limit this discussion to mature thoughtfull comments.

I saw the demo and said to myself, "I wonder how long it will be until they start pulling the race card on this game?"

I read an article a couple of days ago on it too. I can't stand when people start pulling the race card.

What the fuck are these people even watching video game trailers for? When you go looking for racism, you'll find it. It's when it finds you that it's truly racism.

Edit: I also love how the author is blatantly racist herself, as if shooting white zombies excited her, but the thought of shooting black zombies is ludicrous.

Resident Evil has been giving us excuses to shoot the living hell out of pale, pasty, flesh-eating zombies.

People need to chill, who cares if they're black? I didnt care when I was shooting white zombies...

"It's not just that these zombies are black, but that the uninfected black villagers are zombie-like too," Ruberg wrote. "See all those spooky shots of the villagers before they get infected? It's as if race itself were a disease. The white protagonist has to fight back or be infected."

^ Total bullshit

"According to the statistics of racial make-up in the world, I'd actually say that whites have been unfairly discriminated against in the series, if anything, since so many of them have been enemies in RE," said one commenter. "It only seems fair that Africans get treated equally, and with only one game full of primarily black enemies to six games full of primarily white, from a racial viewpoint I'd say that the Africans are getting off easy."

Now that makes sense.

WOW, wtf so all these zombie games where theres only white zombies is ok, but when there one with only black zombies its racist jesus christ anti-racist ppl r fucking retarded. when ever theres a black charecter, he cant die too soon, or have slangy dialonge, or do anything that he would normally do ????? so its pretty much a white dude that has a seriously dark tan..

This is funny. Its a game based in africa, of course the zombies are black. You cant have a game set in the middle east with out middle easterns, why would it be any different about a game set in africa. What about black people who played all the other RE games killin white zombies, are they racist for that. Good lord people suck.

"including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young...fearing, hating, and destroying Black people."

wtf does this person think that everyone that plays this game is going to join the kkk?

Does anyone have an email for that stupid bitch? We should all forward our spam folders to her.

If we did that, we'd be as bad as her.

I'd say to just ignore her, she's just one person, she can't get the game pulled, so why should we care?

I read the article and laughed my ass off, just to let you know. I almost got the idea that if there's a black person in a game, than that game must be racist. >_<

Ugh, why are people such idiots?

I saw this coming as well after watching the trailer. No matter what the subject matter is, if it involves blacks and whites, SOMBODY will find it racist. This is just human ignorance and should be simply ignored.

The reason you actually get to read articles like this is because blacks are coddled by the media and poloticians out of fear. They think that if they disagree with or disregard such statements that they will be accused of being "racist".

If a white man wrote an article like that, people would laugh at him and think he was an extremist. Not all blacks feel this way and I pity those that do.

Just remember the way these things make you feel and NEVER be afraid to disagree or express your views because someone might call you names. By the same standard, as ignorant and stupid as people like Al Sharpton are, they have the right to say whatever they want. YOU also have the right to laugh at them.

I agree with pants party on this one. Who cares where the game takes place at. Why do people have to get so bent out of shape? This standards and practices crap has gone way to far. It's based off the same premise as black hawk down. That's what they wrote the game around. And you don't see people pulling the race card on that movie. I think that whatever concerns people might have about racial situations will breath easy once the game actually hits stores.