this game makes me want to cry

Vanilla Coke Zero

I get the retarded platforming, but i never felt the difficulty vary that much

Yeah, same.

Even if the difficulty would be or is crap, It does not mean that the game is bull just because of this. I tried the hardest difficulty and I finded It ok, just not the best variation of I've seen. I need to admit that It can be frustrating sometimes.

Calm down... We are just here to help...No need to insult us or the game... If you hate the game, then ok, but don't complain, we do all like It and It's why we are talking about It. About your problem for unlucking the two achievements you're missing, they're not hard. For the virgil commentary, you just probably missed one and repeated the same error in each of your playthroughs. For the other one, the holy level, are you sure that you are level 7 in your holy tree and you maxed everything possible with your souls? If yes, then I don't know and I'm sorry for you.

It's a God of War clone. Platforming was infernally shitty in that game... and here it's the same: broken camera, unresponsive controls, aggravating screen shakes/dust particles clogging the screen, unskippable cutscenes. The whole thing is dominated by luck, not skill.

Unlike combat, which is just 'spam B until win, unless you like to flagellate yourself THERE too'. :-)

I agree with the guys on here who don't think it's too good a game. In my honest opinion, I think this is the worst game I've played this year, and judging by the fact that I never want to see the game again (I don't want the achievements, I just want it out of my sight), I think it's put itself in good stead for my Worst Xbox Game of the Year award.

Congrats, Dante's Inferno, you've stolen hours of my life that I'll never get back. I hate you.

I agree, I hated how I always wanted to move the camera and wound up evading instead because you CANT move the camera angle, and I find out later that there isn't a chapter select...game is annoying and glad I only rented it. Only thing I liked about it was seeing Hell up close, but I look out my window at work and see that everyday.

I agree, I hated how I always wanted to move the camera and wound up evading instead because you CANT move the camera angle, and I find out later that there isn't a chapter select...game is annoying and glad I only rented it. Only thing I liked about it was seeing Hell up close, but I look out my window at work and see that everyday.

I do not agree with everything you just said, but the the fact that you cant move the camera angle freaking annoys me.

It's just a boring game really... The story is not interesting, the platforming is rubbish the enemies are all the same, the special moves I don't even bother with, I just mash either the x or y button but usually the B button works well on everything.

Most of the relics are useless and nobody would ever use them, After the first big boss fight, the rest are very basic and boring. The constant need to mash the B button on everything to either break a fountain, kill an enemy, make something work or take down a boss is just ridiculous. The Virgil commentaries ... omfg. Unskippable cutscenes.

The list goes on and on... Even the graphics are poor.

OH and the biggest rip-off ever! 400 mp for a 20 minute dlc thing that gives you 2 achievements worth 40 gamerscore.

You tell me why this is a good game... I honestly can't say it is.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought that the game was ok, but I too really found the camera to be very, very annoying. I hate when I can't get a good camera angle to perform a certain action or jump. I hope that they fix this in the next game. I also found that the achievements were all too easy to get, they at least could've made a couple of them a bit more challenging.

This game disappointed me more than any game in years. Granted, I am not a huge fan of these types of games, but I had just gotten done playing Darksiders, which is different but similar. I really enjoyed Darksiders, but you had to play it on a competetive difficulty. Prince of Persia was even better.

I tried everything with Dantes Inferno, and did not enjoy it. I dislike games that do not let you control your point of view, and then that impacts the control of the character, because I keep trying to move the camera and instead my character evades/jumps in that direction which seems to typically be right off a cliff.

So repetative it actually got me thinking of Pitfall on the old Atari's except Dante had combat.

• 4 weeks later...
THE WHOLE GAME IS A PIECE OF SHIT ALL TOGETHER!!! I HAVE BEAT IT 4 FUCKING TIMES AND MY FUCKING HOLY LEVEL 7 ACHIEVEMENT AND VIRGIL ACHIEVEMENT WONT UNLOCK

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK TTHHHIISSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh boohoo, the game sucks all of a sudden just because you cant get your precious gs points?? wow dude....some of you achievement ppl are soooo pathetic....dont get me wrong, i love getting achievements and all, but im not going to stop playing a game i love just over gamerscore lmao

were you playing on classic? because this game has the most retarded pacing i've ever seen. one minute i'm fighting one minion, the next i'm fighting those infuriating whores and satyrs. in a seemingly endless wave. this game is crap.

classic is a joke, its so easy its almost like watching a huge cutscene...if you're having trouble with fights on classic, then im sorry, but you stink at this game lol

THE WHOLE GAME IS A PIECE OF SHIT ALL TOGETHER!!! I HAVE BEAT IT 4 FUCKING TIMES AND MY FUCKING HOLY LEVEL 7 ACHIEVEMENT AND VIRGIL ACHIEVEMENT WONT UNLOCK

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK TTHHHIISSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well shucks.

It's a God of War clone. Platforming was infernally shitty in that game... and here it's the same: broken camera, unresponsive controls, aggravating screen shakes/dust particles clogging the screen, unskippable cutscenes. The whole thing is dominated by luck, not skill.

Unlike combat, which is just 'spam B until win, unless you like to flagellate yourself THERE too'. :-)

I never knew how much of a God of War clone it was until I finally got my hands on the God of War Collection on PS3. And oh my god I can definitely see why. The only thing I prefer over GoW is the fact it's based on Christianity instead of Greek gods.