When do I get skill points?

DragonusDarque

Every time you earn a level... you're getting I think 5 LP (Learning Points) or something like that. To improve your skills you have to find a training master. Each one of them is specializing on something specific. For example to learn Sword Mastery you have to find a trainer who can teach you this specific skill, the same goes for bow mastery etc.

Also to add points into attributes like str, dext you have to do the same. It's the same system as Gothic 1 & Gothic 2 were using. Actually I could say Risen is kinda copy of Gothic

Thanks, but it doesn't matter anyways, cuz I am taking it back. This game gives no sense of direction. It tells me to go to a certain place, but gives no indication of where that place is.

For example, in the beginning, if you go to the Don, one of the guys there wants you to carry boxes from the excavation, but I have no idea where it is and he doesn't tell me. There are no quest markers of any kind and no one tells you where you can find what you need. You just have to wander around and hope you find the place you are supposed to go, and not some other place filled with monsters at a way higher level than you that kill you instantly.

I don't need hand-holding in a game, but some kind of direction would be nice. Even if the guy just said the excavation was to the north or south or wherever (still can't find the damned place).

There are quest markers in your quest log. Open it up and press RT twice. If you already have a map of the region you're in it should be displayed along with green or red dots for your objectives.

In your case, you don't have to carry the boxes yourself. You have to find some lazy NPC and get him to do it.

There are quest markers in your quest log. Open it up and press RT twice. If you already have a map of the region you're in it should be displayed along with green or red dots for your objectives.

In your case, you don't have to carry the boxes yourself. You have to find some lazy NPC and get him to do it.

I didn't know that. Problem is, I can't figure out how to get a map of the region. No one in the camp I am in seems to know anything about one, and I can't leave because I have no idea where I am going.

Anyways, it went back to the store. Maybe I will give it another shot later, but the lack of direction and the getting killed all the time was annoying me.