Tricks and Glitchs (may contain spoilers)

toooitwo

"Other Fallout 3 Cheats and Hints: (read more… )

• Easily Kill Robots out in the “Wastelands”:

Run up a steep hill, leaving the bot at the bottom, some of them can’t fire up at a steep enough angle, just shoot as you run up the hill.

• Easy caps (and a little experience):

Don’t throw away, sell, or pass by any books labeled “pre-war book” that you come by (not scorched or ruined books). At Arlington library, in the South-Eastern corner of the map, you can find a character that will buy each useless book off you for 100 caps, and you will get an additional 10 EXP for each book sold.

• (No big surprise, thank you, Oblivion) Easy Stealing, Hacking, and Speech Bonuses:

Before engaging in a dialogue with a speech bonus, hacking a computer, picking a lock, or pickpocketing, save your game. If you fail, you can always reload the save you just made and try again. This is especially useful with low-percent speech bonuses. For instance, when you are in Megaton for the first time, save before talking to Mr. Burke or the Sheriff about the bomb, and you can increase the quest reward from 100 caps to 500 with the speech bonus.

• INFINITE EXP:

For infinite experience in Fallout 3, you need to be at least level 10 and have the Sandman Perk. Sandman requires that you have at least a 60 rating in sneak. It allows you to silently kill people in their sleep with an added EXP bonus every time. So apparently, kids, or at least some kids, can’t be killed in the game. A good spot for this glitch is in a town in the South called, Andale. There are two kids, one in each of the two main houses that you can use this trick on. All you have to do, is use the wait function until it is about 1 AM. When everyone is asleep, sneak into a house, crouch, and use the Murder skill that comes with the Sandman Perk. USE ON THE CHILDREN ONLY. They won’t die, but you will still get the experience for killing them, allowing you to do the trick as much as you want. Best of all, using this murder trick has no effect on your Karma, and you will get 50 EXP every time, which is a lot in this game.

• INFINITE CAPS:

To get do this, you are going to need the item, “Naughty Nightware”. First, go to Northwest Seneca Station, north of Arefu, in there, you will find an information desk with a body and a holotape thing. Listen to it. It gives you directions on finding the item. It’s actually pretty funny. You need to explore the station until you find a section with a gate and a firehose station. Search inside the firehose box to find a key. Then continue to explore the tunnels until you find a room with a siren-like spinning light above it. Inside, you can use the key to open a safe. There, you will find the Naughty Nightware. You will then encounter someone who wants it back. Either kill him, or use the speech bonus option. Either way, don’t give it back.

Then you want to find a small town called Girdershade (way on the west side of the map and a little south, close to the entrance of Vault 112). Talk to Ronald Laren. He is not hard to find, there are only two people there. Sell him the Naughty Nightware for 200 caps. Now all you need to do is steal it back from him when he is not looking. Save before pickpocketing, incase you fail. Tak to him about the Naughty Nightware again, and you can sell it back for another 200 caps. He does not run out of caps, like other sales people in the game, so you can repeat as many times as you want. The only downside is that each time you steal, you will get negative karma.

INFINITE EXP 2:

This one you can do with a speech skill of at least 40. First you need to talk to Bittersharp in Big town. Then, go to the Common House in Big Town and find an NPC named Pappy. You will have a speech option of, “[speech, 100%] You came here with bittercup, right?” You can select this option all you want for a steady stream of experience.

NOTE: MyLittlePony’s spelling and grammar was extensively edited to be readable. I spent a good 20 minutes translating their internet language for readability. but no tat i luv u, tho, MyLittlePony.

NOTE 2: We can’t personally confirm these, but MyLittlePony insists that these were tested on multiple Xbox 360s, and has provided a low-quality, low-reliability (Just like the writing on this site! Oh, snap, no he didn’t!) video of the infinite experience cheat being used (but seriously, our writing sucks… but keep reading, please).

NOTE3: We have no doubt that the video will be removed soon, so we included the text version, as well.

UPDATE: Infinite Caps cheat added.

UPDATE UPDATE: Another Infinite EXP Glitch added (Thanks Zoulpain)"

http://swongled.com/2008/10/12/fallout-3-16-days-before-release-infinite-exp-glitch-already-discovered/

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work tho not really a glitch but if you play through the game as a good guy save just before you hit 8, 15 20 ( or what ever the achivements are) and nick stuff this gives you bad karma and no xp then lvl up and you can get all 3 achivements in one play through.

Here's a good way on dealing with the Karma Achievements:

1. Start a new game, and after you leave the Vault, make a save.

2. Do some things to get either Good Karma, Nuetral Karma, or Bad Karma. (Nuking Megaton would work for Bad Karma)

3. Go to the place where those children are and make another save. Do this glitch until you get your Karma Achievements.

4. Once you have received all of the Achievements on a set Karma path, reload your original save and work on your next Karma paths.

5. Repeat until all Karma Achievements are unlocked.

I thought of this after I read about this glitch. If they patch it when the game comes out, you could simply use that button combination (I forgot what it was.) and reset your 360's patch cache. Then, simply play offline to earn those Achievements. :)

Good thinking Axe, but Mister Sandman requires level 10 so you can't do it immediately after a new game. Get Speech 40 and doing the second XP glitch would work though.

Yeah, I realized that long after I posted. ;)

Have you tried glitch #2? When I get the game, I'm going to do that immediately for easy Karma Achievements, but does it work exactly as the guy said it would?

what i done was

get to level 7 as good guy saved

get to level 13 as good guy saved

get to level 19 as good guy saved

once i got the three good karma ones i loaded up my level 7 and stole and murdered till neutral then saved finished a few missions too get to level 8 and loaded up neutral level 7 and stole and murdered more till evil do missions then when it comes to the other just do the same but do the sandman glitch jobdone

its much easier too go from good to bad without getting too much exp than too go from bad too good.

Deek :woop:

"Other Fallout 3 Cheats and Hints: (read more… )

• Easily Kill Robots out in the “Wastelands”:

Run up a steep hill, leaving the bot at the bottom, some of them can’t fire up at a steep enough angle, just shoot as you run up the hill.

• Easy caps (and a little experience):

Don’t throw away, sell, or pass by any books labeled “pre-war book” that you come by (not scorched or ruined books). At Arlington library, in the South-Eastern corner of the map, you can find a character that will buy each useless book off you for 100 caps, and you will get an additional 10 EXP for each book sold.

• (No big surprise, thank you, Oblivion) Easy Stealing, Hacking, and Speech Bonuses:

Before engaging in a dialogue with a speech bonus, hacking a computer, picking a lock, or pickpocketing, save your game. If you fail, you can always reload the save you just made and try again. This is especially useful with low-percent speech bonuses. For instance, when you are in Megaton for the first time, save before talking to Mr. Burke or the Sheriff about the bomb, and you can increase the quest reward from 100 caps to 500 with the speech bonus.

• INFINITE EXP:

For infinite experience in Fallout 3, you need to be at least level 10 and have the Sandman Perk. Sandman requires that you have at least a 60 rating in sneak. It allows you to silently kill people in their sleep with an added EXP bonus every time. So apparently, kids, or at least some kids, can’t be killed in the game. A good spot for this glitch is in a town in the South called, Andale. There are two kids, one in each of the two main houses that you can use this trick on. All you have to do, is use the wait function until it is about 1 AM. When everyone is asleep, sneak into a house, crouch, and use the Murder skill that comes with the Sandman Perk. USE ON THE CHILDREN ONLY. They won’t die, but you will still get the experience for killing them, allowing you to do the trick as much as you want. Best of all, using this murder trick has no effect on your Karma, and you will get 50 EXP every time, which is a lot in this game.

• INFINITE CAPS:

To get do this, you are going to need the item, “Naughty Nightware”. First, go to Northwest Seneca Station, north of Arefu, in there, you will find an information desk with a body and a holotape thing. Listen to it. It gives you directions on finding the item. It’s actually pretty funny. You need to explore the station until you find a section with a gate and a firehose station. Search inside the firehose box to find a key. Then continue to explore the tunnels until you find a room with a siren-like spinning light above it. Inside, you can use the key to open a safe. There, you will find the Naughty Nightware. You will then encounter someone who wants it back. Either kill him, or use the speech bonus option. Either way, don’t give it back.

Then you want to find a small town called Girdershade (way on the west side of the map and a little south, close to the entrance of Vault 112). Talk to Ronald Laren. He is not hard to find, there are only two people there. Sell him the Naughty Nightware for 200 caps. Now all you need to do is steal it back from him when he is not looking. Save before pickpocketing, incase you fail. Tak to him about the Naughty Nightware again, and you can sell it back for another 200 caps. He does not run out of caps, like other sales people in the game, so you can repeat as many times as you want. The only downside is that each time you steal, you will get negative karma.

INFINITE EXP 2:

This one you can do with a speech skill of at least 40. First you need to talk to Bittersharp in Big town. Then, go to the Common House in Big Town and find an NPC named Pappy. You will have a speech option of, “[speech, 100%] You came here with bittercup, right?” You can select this option all you want for a steady stream of experience.

NOTE: MyLittlePony’s spelling and grammar was extensively edited to be readable. I spent a good 20 minutes translating their internet language for readability. but no tat i luv u, tho, MyLittlePony.

NOTE 2: We can’t personally confirm these, but MyLittlePony insists that these were tested on multiple Xbox 360s, and has provided a low-quality, low-reliability (Just like the writing on this site! Oh, snap, no he didn’t!) video of the infinite experience cheat being used (but seriously, our writing sucks… but keep reading, please).

NOTE3: We have no doubt that the video will be removed soon, so we included the text version, as well.

UPDATE: Infinite Caps cheat added.

UPDATE UPDATE: Another Infinite EXP Glitch added (Thanks Zoulpain)"

http://swongled.com/2008/10/12/fallout-3-16-days-before-release-infinite-exp-glitch-already-discovered/

for tht Infinite EXP glitch #2 would that work for getting the win 50 speech challenges achievement?

Okay I lvled a new character to lvl 20 using first the XP #2 glitch to lvl 10; then I switched to the first one. When I started doing the glitch I was almost to lvl 3 and it took me 1350 speech successes to get to lvl 10. Only 5xp a time, and if you put your speech to just 40 your percent is 50%; so your thumb is gonna get tired, took me a long time to get to lvl 10. You get 50 xp per sandman kill and its a lot less tiring but you have to watch the sandman kill animation and that takes about 5 secs each time so it still takes awhile. I would estimate 3.5-5 hours total time to get to lvl 20. I kept taking breaks so I'm not exactly sure but its not gonna be quick. Just a heads up to anyone thinking about trying this.

a couple of glitches:

after ravenrock, go back through vault 87. find the vault door and open it for some weirdness.

in takoma industrial, near the big radioactive pond (it's quite well hidden, jump over the canal at the back of the factory and go down the alley.) go to the corner near the dead scientists and their shack, and start jumping up the rubble ramp. there is a spot where you can climb outside the map.

SPOILER

at ravenrock, when you first leave the cell (you'll need high speech)

tell the guard to ask the president why you are free. the attack wont start until later, leaving you free to walk around a bit. in the next cell is nathan from megaton, now he isn't such a fan of the enclave.

once ravenrock is done, go back to megaton, and nathan is alive and well, and still has his usual "i love the enclave" conversation options, but when you get close to him, he will yell "run while you still can" as if he was still a captive.

I've also encountered the old oblivion glitch, disappearing NPCs.

so far, i've lost walter, moriarty and nova from megaton, and one of reillys rangers has vanished, even though they all survived the mission.