level 40-50

bscott85

I found if you aim for the 2 black dots(1 either side) on the back of his shirt near his shoulders works everytime, no need to back and try again, just reposition and aim the dot.

Yeah that's right, it's the parts next or close to his shoulders.

1. He doesn't fight back

2. He is in an easy spot to find

3. He is always there

4. No other zombies to bother you

5. Its easy

Anymore questions!? Perfectly explained DENA. ;)

The THUG trick worked brilliantly. Thanks to all those that contributed to that method.

BTW I got 2.5 million XP in under 2 hours. BRILLIANT!!!

I'm glad everyone is happy with this method and it's still working!

Still though credit goes to Nvoy123 who uploaded the video. :cool:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. He doesn't fight back

2. He is in an easy spot to find

3. He is always there

4. No other zombies to bother you

5. Its easy

Already received similar answer and responded a couple of posts above, but hey, not much better to do this morning ;):

1. Nor does a grounded thug

2. So are many many MANY other thugs although yours requires you to travel to specific spot out of the way and requires you to have not done the quest already.

3. So are many many MANY other thugs although... etc

4. The only point of merit imo but does it really take that long to clear 2-3 zombies from around a thug, if there are any at all? My example spot had 3-4 in the whole area around the 4 thugs in total. 4 thugs, no reload and travel time, AND it was on the way to another hand in.

5. So are all other thugs using my method.

If you prefer to use this one thug, fair enough. My alternative seems more convenient to me, and it might just be me to be fair, but it's now out there for others to consider.

edit#2: On a diff character I got to the coveted thug and gave up after a few hits as he won't stand still, and from my previous method I'm used to them not moving. I would suggest that due to this my method is faster simply because you stay aiming at the same spot for the entire duration.

Edited by Tanaki Khan
smiley because on re-read it emoted unfriendlier than I intended

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4517098#post4517098

This requires you to start the mission Blood Ties where you have to rescue Kwan's brother.

Enter the Abandoned house and fight your way to Cho. Lying next to him (for me) was a Baseball Bat. It had the following stats:

Damage 20

Force 0

Durability 20

Handling 120

Now, if I'm right, I'm sure many people will have taken one look at it and dismissed it right off the bat (pun totally intended). However, something about it caught my eye: 120 handling. Fists have 100 handling, and I assumed this to be the max.

I picked up this weapon and equipped it, to find not only did it swing incredibly fast, but it requires no stamina to do so.

"How will this net me fast EXP?" I hear you cry, well if you do the "Thug Method", and combine it with this weapon, not only will you be hitting faster and hitting more, but you'll not have to wait for your stamina to refill to do it all over again.

The Baseball bat, when broken does 2 points of damage to a level 30 Thug. I gained 10 levels in as many minutes testing this, so it does work.

Edited by Arrrk

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4517098#post4517098

This requires you to start the mission Blood Ties where you have to rescue Kwan's brother.

Enter the Abandoned house and fight your way to Cho. Lying next to him (for me) was a Baseball Bat. It had the following stats:

Damage 20

Force 0

Durability 20

Handling 120

Now, if I'm right, I'm sure many people will have taken one look at it and dismissed it right off the bat (pun totally intended). However, something about it caught my eye: 120 handling. Fists have 100 handling, and I assumed this to be the max.

I picked up this weapon and equipped it, to find not only did it swing incredibly fast, but it requires no stamina to do so.

"How will this net me fast EXP?" I hear you cry, well if you do the "Thug Method", and combine it with this weapon, not only will you be hitting faster and hitting more, but you'll not have to wait for your stamina to refill to do it all over again.

The Baseball bat, when broken does 2 points of damage to a level 30 Thug. I gained 10 levels in as many minutes testing this, so it does work.

OOOO I was so close to posting about how it didnt work and making a fool of myself there, I must have picked up another bat and got them mixed up coz I was using stam swinging the wrong one, switched it out to the right one and OMG does it swing fast, no stam bar even comes up, great find, im heading to the thug!

I just spent a little less than 2 hours with other people farming the thug in the "Thug Farming" video. Same location, thug doesn't move much. Doesn't attack. It's best done if your character is Sam B because there's an upgrade on the survival bracket called Bone Breaker. Every hit I was getting ~1000 xp (depending on the level of the thug).

Still works though, level 38 to 50 very easily. Brass knuckles to break arm and that Baseball bat with the 120 handling or whatever it is that's 120 to get the xp. Thanks to this thread for the info!

Wow I just wanna say that this method is ridiculous. I spent at least 3 hours using the oleander method to get from level 41 to 50. Then I started a new game with Purna and wanted to see how this worked. I did the missions required at the start and killed some people, then went into the glitch. Got the level 50, quit out, total time played as Purna: 2 hours, 54 minutes. So it took a maximum of 2 hours to get from level 5 to level 50. That's crazy. Too bad that Purna is screwed since she only has level 1-4 weapons in a level 46-50 zombie world haha.

Wow I just wanna say that this method is ridiculous. I spent at least 3 hours using the oleander method to get from level 41 to 50. Then I started a new game with Purna and wanted to see how this worked. I did the missions required at the start and killed some people, then went into the glitch. Got the level 50, quit out, total time played as Purna: 2 hours, 54 minutes. So it took a maximum of 2 hours to get from level 5 to level 50. That's crazy. Too bad that Purna is screwed since she only has level 1-4 weapons in a level 46-50 zombie world haha.

If desperate you can dupe to make cash and then buy a blue/purp and sometimes an orange from one of the vendors to tide you over. I did this my second run thru and now quest rewards are all L50 versions with is quite nice.

If desperate you can dupe to make cash and then buy a blue/purp and sometimes an orange from one of the vendors to tide you over. I did this my second run thru and now quest rewards are all L50 versions with is quite nice.

I have a level 50 Sam B already, so I can just duplicate everything to a friend and have him give them all to my Purna. It was just a joke, facing level 50 enemies with a destroyed level 2 brass knuckles.

someone said 3 million and sounds about right !

cant see why people need to farm or cheat i've just started my 3rd walkthrough and i'm level 44 so should be 50 by the end of this one :cool:

You wrote this and cannot see why some people might want to cheat their way? Not everyone wants to play the same game twice in quick succession. I am not one of these people, but they exist.

I'm up to level 48 now and have been doing the Oleander method since level 35. I've traded in about $1 million worth of Oleander and am really sick of mashing those buttons now, i'm on my first playthrough and would like to move on with the story. (I'm about to go to the catacombs with the Shaman for the blood sample)

Will i at least go up to 49 by playing through the rest of the game or maybe even hit 50 at the end of the prison? Also, what are the chances of my save dying if i carry my level 48 Sam over to a New Game+ and are the zombies / quest rewards level scaled to give the proper amount of XP?

I personally just hit level 50 and unlocked the School of Hard Knocks achievement last night. After playing through the game with 1 co-op partner, and randomly joining a few people here and there I managed to make level 38. Starting up a NG+ I worked my way up to level 40 through doing all side-quests and the story up to maybe Act II.

At this point I started doing the repeatable quest to turn in Oleander. This method is extremely boring, but if you're just looking to get this achievement done and over with it's a very viable route to take.

Viable, except that it takes quite a while to do, is prone to crashing, and the latest reports state that carrying too much in your inventory can corrupt your save files.

True, but the thug method requires a completely new game, whereas the oleander method can be done later in the game if you've already beat Act I. You just have to be practical about the oleander method. Don't spend $1,000,000 on oleander and expect the game to be able to handle all the crap you'll have in your inventory. Be smart about it.

True, but the thug method requires a completely new game, whereas the oleander method can be done later in the game if you've already beat Act I. You just have to be practical about the oleander method. Don't spend $1,000,000 on oleander and expect the game to be able to handle all the crap you'll have in your inventory. Be smart about it.

Only if you insist that only one thug in the entire game is worth doing the thug trick on. The only reason everyone goes for that thug is because it stands still, well actually it doesn't as almost every time you hit it it moves, but it doesn't fight back.

But then nor does a grounded thug.

Only if you insist that only one thug in the entire game is worth doing the thug trick on. The only reason everyone goes for that thug is because it stands still, well actually it doesn't as almost every time you hit it it moves, but it doesn't fight back.

But then nor does a grounded thug.

Good point. You got me there. I guess I just used the oleander method first because it was stress-free and I could browse forums and such on my computer while not really paying attention to my xbox and still leveling up.