the SPOILERific discussion about the Story/Princess (BTW contains SPOILERS)

shiningcheese

Hey all, I searched the forums and I didn't really see a thread solely discussing the story. For those of you who finished the game, I want to see what you think the story is about.

For me, I believe it is about the assembling of the Atomic Bomb and Tim is a scientist/researcher building the bomb (the princess). Tim is a play off of the word 'time' and he wants to turn back the clock and undo what destruction he has done. I thought about this while playing the game and found a blog about it on gameFAQs.com and pretty much explained my theory.

What are your theories?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's definitely about the atomic bomb due to the quote "Now we're all sons a bitches" which I believe was actually uttered during the first atomic tests.

Still trying to figure out the princess though. And, I do like the fact that, I"m guess, the princess is actually running away from you at the end/beginning....

• 2 years later...

I think the achievement "Closure" kinda gives you some clue to the end of the game. That's why he finds the new stones, so he can begin again and find something real for himself, what real is to tim is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think he will try and find a way to at least counter-act his mistake by working on something to benefit humans, not potentially wipe them out