Asked & Answered

iBuzz7S

Good little read with a lot of info. If you've been following the game, this will be nothing new. If you are like me and aren't too interested and read about it when it's posted around, then it may have something that'll interest you.

Here’s a special edition of Asked & Answered addressing just a few of the frequently asked questions we’ve seen out there from fans recently. Of course we’re aware that there are many more questions and curiosities out there about GTAV, so do stay tuned for more to be revealed about the game in due time. Meanwhile, you can always feel free to drop us a line via [email protected] where we’re glad to have a look at what you have to say and help out wherever we can.

“So can you switch characters? Trevor Michael and Franklin - can you play all of those guys? And everybody has their own missions???!” @GTAVISBEST

"How is changing between characters going to work during missions?"HIBMFL

“Do you have to switch characters constantly?”killer772

Michael, Franklin and Trevor have their own separate lives with their own sets of friends and acquaintances, and even their own preferred ways of spending their free time. When you’re not on a mission, you can freely switch in real-time to any of the three characters to drop in and out of their lives letting you see what they’re up to. And because they have their own schedules, you’ll never know what they might be doing – you might drop in on Michael in the middle of a family dispute, interrupt Franklin chatting up some ladies, or Trevor on the run from the law – or whatever else these guys do in their free time... How and when you switch between characters when you’re not on a mission is completely up to you.

In addition, each of the guys has their own missions and side jobs. There will be times on a mission when you play as one character, or as combinations of two of them, and sometimes as all three, always being able to switch between the characters mid-action. Off mission, it’s up to you. You can play as one character on his own or hang out with either of the other two or both of them, or you can switch between any of them.

"If I play as Trevor, can I zoom out, find out where Michael is, and then go and kill him while playing as Trevor? #GTAV" @GTALAD4EVA

In the open world, the characters are meant to be living their own ongoing and unpredictable personal lives, so understandably it’s not always easy to track one of them down in the vast city of Los Santos or the many towns spread about Blaine County at any given moment, but you will be able to find them. Having found them, (or simply after calling them up and arranging to meet them), you’ll certainly be able to hang out with them, annoy them should you choose, and maybe even assault them, but you won’t be able to kill them. They all have remarkable powers of recovery and good health insurance. The game is based on playing all sides of these three characters’ interwoven stories rather than having generic, interchangeable leads, so permanently killing a major character in that way wouldn’t make sense. If a player is determined enough though, they may well find a way to badly injure one of the characters and switching to that character would just put you in the hospital to continue where you left off.

“Hello, I noticed that the Special Edition of GTA V includes a large "blueprint" of the map. I was wondering if the Standard Edition of GTA V will include the traditional folded paper map that, as far as I can recall, has always been included with GTA games.”received via Mouthoff

"Will a GTA V poster be included when the game is purchased?”@ny718kid

As in all previous Grand Theft Auto games, we’ve made a point of including a map of the world to aid players in navigating the city. In all versions of GTAV, the game disc will accompany a map with all the details players will need to navigate the world. One big change though with this game is that with a world of this size, we created a double-sided map based poster to make sure players have all the information they might need to discover and explore the world. The blueprint map in the other editions does contain plenty of additional information and secrets on it.

“My name is Pedro and I have a doubt. When are you going to release the pre-order links of the Special Edition and Collector's Edition of Grand Theft Auto V on Brazil?”received via Mouthoff

Hi Pedro, we’re working hard to make the Special Edition and Collector’s Edition available for pre-order in Brazil as soon as we can. We’re currently waiting on some customs issues to be resolved before retailers in Brazil can start accepting pre-orders. To all others who have questions about whether and where the Special Edition or Collector’s Edition is available in your particular country, we’ve been maintaining the www.rockstargames.com/V/preorder page to be as up to date and accurate as possible for all territories shown – if you have additional questions beyond that, feel free to hit us up at [email protected] and we’d be happy to investigate for you.

“Would you be able to tell me to what extent are weapons and vehicles customizable?”@kieranmgklaceup

Without going into detail just yet, we can tell you that both will be very customizable – with a range of weapon upgrades as well as some very deep car customization. Stay tuned for more very soon.

“Rockstar, how many discs will the Xbox and PS3 versions of the game have? I am asking because I am just conscious of how many discs I will have to install onto my Xbox 360 HDD.”cj67890

“Hi R*, as you said GTAV will be the biggest game that Rockstar ever created, normally it should be the biggest in size too. So how you are going to solve Xbox 360 disc limit issues? I mean will GTAV have many discs (on Xbox 360 platform)…?”youtubos

“If we install GTAV on Xbox 360 do we have to insert other discs or not?”Persian-boy1995

Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious game we have yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles. In order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 systems. For Xbox 360, Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without any need to switch discs.

This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. For PlayStation®3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8GB, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete.

Copy pasta - http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/50871/asked-answered-gtav.html

And the rest.

“Will we ever see some GTA V gameplay?”@ASTR4Lx

Yes. Soon (or in September if you don’t want to see it before you play it… it’s up to you) – the first Official Gameplay Video is on its way...

“Hey Rockstar, I'm curious whether you are planning on releasing GTA V on the PC...” received via Mouthoff

“You've probably been asked before, but is GTA V coming for next gen consoles also?” @tomtoon2010

The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now.

“When will we get information on GTA V multiplayer?” @camronbnl3

Expect to hear some first details soon – it’s called Grand Theft Auto Online and we’re very excited to unveil it for you sometime this summer.

“A healthy GTAIV multiplayer game is really hard to come by nowadays. By healthy I mean players play for good clean fun. Every time I join a game it's either modded or hacked. When I create a custom game, some abusive d*ck joins my game and ruins everyone's fun game. I can't just kick him out unless everyone votes. Do something about this in GTAV, Rockstar.”received via Mouthoff

Ever since Grand Theft Auto IV was released, we’ve continued to integrate newer and stronger methods of cheat detection and prevention for each of our games. While we have yet to reveal specifically what new anti-cheating measures we have planned for GTAV, rest assured that we’re focused on creating as level a playing field and as fair, fun (and healthy as you say) an experience as possible for everyone. There will always be some people who want to cheat but we are going to do our best to stop it. We have spent a lot of time and effort making an incredible Online experience and proper support is part of that package.

“Hello Rockstar, I have a question: how much difference will there be between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game?”received via Mouthoff

Players can expect the same great gameplay experience on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms as they have both been developed in tandem. Like all of our games, trust that we’re committed to making sure Grand Theft Auto V looks and runs as great as possible regardless of whether you pick it up for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, and we are excited for fans on both platforms to experience Grand Theft Auto V this September. We expect any visual differences to be completely negligible.

“I smell a delay...” SanViceCity

“Hope R* will release this game on September 17th. HOPE it will no be delayed AGAIN.”creed_20103

There’s nothing to worry about, so we aren’t quite sure what you’re smelling! GTAV will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on September 17th.

"If I play as Trevor, can I zoom out, find out where Michael is, and then go and kill him while playing as Trevor? #GTAV" – @GTALAD4EVA

In the open world, the characters are meant to be living their own ongoing and unpredictable personal lives, so understandably it’s not always easy to track one of them down in the vast city of Los Santos or the many towns spread about Blaine County at any given moment, but you will be able to find them. Having found them, (or simply after calling them up and arranging to meet them), you’ll certainly be able to hang out with them, annoy them should you choose, and maybe even assault them, but you won’t be able to kill them. They all have remarkable powers of recovery and good health insurance. The game is based on playing all sides of these three characters’ interwoven stories rather than having generic, interchangeable leads, so permanently killing a major character in that way wouldn’t make sense. If a player is determined enough though, they may well find a way to badly injure one of the characters and switching to that character would just put you in the hospital to continue where you left off.

Seems like maybe there'll be a time delay when you switch. :confused: Maybe 6 hours just like sleeping. Seems interesting that you'll be able to stalk the other characters as they're going about their regular business. Wonder if they're clever enough to notice you. :D I'd imagine Franklin would be pretty creeped out if Trevor was following him around everywhere. :D

The most important parts:

• Gameplay soon
  • Double-sided map
  • Two discs; one for install. (Like Forza)

Well, I've only got 25GB left on my 250GB. But GTA 5 is a priority. :p I'm sure there's probably some old demos that can go. Maybe even some for games that I've already bought. :eek: Really should clear this harddrive, as thinking about it, I don't think I've played a demo for months. Injustice and Fuse just sitting there. :/

R* is great. Reading this was fantastic, especially the part on how they will make sure the online experience is a good one.

They surely have taken the random experiences even further just by switching characters you don't know what you will run into.

The double sided map is... excuse my language, but fucking insane and stoked for that. I bet it will feel endless while opening it, like it just keeps opening more and more.

I had a feeling it would be two discs as others did as well. Reminds me of Castlevania LoS where it's roughly 12GB's and if both discs are installed you only need to play off one.

R* is like your girlfriend, when they say soon that means 30 mins to an hour, but to R* that means weeks. I don't know how I feel about seeing gameplay. It will be very tempting knowing it's out there and trying to wait until release. I am excited to hear about MP info soon... I'm pretty sure that since RDR had a free roam, this will as well. That's all I want!

I wonder tho, if the SE will contain both the blue print map and the regular double sided map. I would totally love both versions.

“Would you be able to tell me to what extent are weapons and vehicles customizable?” – @kieranmgklaceup

Without going into detail just yet, we can tell you that both will be very customizable – with a range of weapon upgrades as well as some very deep car customization. Stay tuned for more very soon.

I just had an idea. I think it be great if you could take your customized cars from SP and let's say there's a racing mode on MP, you can take that design into MP races against other players.

@Jardinho Hopefully that will be like a quick way to save the game too, just by switching characters and passing time.

Edited by InsaneKane87

I'm just glad there will still be a map included with the standard edition! That was something I've been concerned about with the SE/CE map being announced. Also happy to see there won't be any required disc swapping! :D

As to upcoming gameplay footage... the ONLY thing I really want to see is the character switching. I mean, it's GTA! Is there really that much of a difference in the gameplay between games?

1.R* is great. Reading this was fantastic, especially the part on how they will make sure the online experience is a good one.

2.I am excited to hear about MP info soon... I'm pretty sure that since RDR had a free roam, this will as well. That's all I want!

3.I wonder tho, if the SE will contain both the blue print map and the regular double sided map. I would totally love both versions.

4.I just had an idea. I think it be great if you could take your customized cars from SP and let's say there's a racing mode on MP, you can take that design into MP races against other players.

5.@Jardinho Hopefully that will be like a quick way to save the game too, just by switching characters and passing time.

:goodpost

1. Agreed

2. Hopefully there will be more to do in free roam than in 4, maybe even more than RDR. :eek:

3. I think that it will contain both; R* won't skimp on content or quality. ;)

4. Save custom designs and carry them between MP and SP? Yes. It would be more than a certain recent game allows you to do. *Looks at Grid 2*

5. Yeah, but I'd also like them to ask me whether or not I want to save, just like with sleeping in 4. ;)

I also managed to delete some demos last night for games I've since bought and played. Spec Ops: The Line was one of them, can't remember any others at the moment. Buuuut.. then I filled it up again with Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III from the Games on Demand sale. :( Down to 19.1 GB. But who cares, if GTA 5 was a 100GB install, I'd still find space!! :p

Oh yeah, and someone on the news article on the main site mentioned just buying a 16GB memory stick for this game, which is a great idea. I think that I wasn't the only one to have overlooked that. ;)

Edited by Jardinho

:goodpost

1. Agreed

2. Hopefully there will be more to do in free roam than in 4, maybe even more than RDR. :eek:

3. I think that it will contain both; R* won't skimp on content or quality. ;)

4. Save custom designs and carry them between MP and SP? Yes. It would be more than a certain recent game allows you to do. *Looks at Grid 2*

5. Yeah, but I'd also like them to ask me whether or not I want to save, just like with sleeping in 4. ;)

I also managed to delete some demos last night for games I've since bought and played. Spec Ops: The Line was one of them, can't remember any others at the moment. Buuuut.. then I filled it up again with Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III from the Games on Demand sale. :( Down to 19.1 GB. But who cares, if GTA 5 was a 100GB install, I'd still find space!! :p

Oh yeah, and someone on the news article on the main site mentioned just buying a 16GB memory stick for this game, which is a great idea. I think that I wasn't the only one to have overlooked that. ;)

I hope so too. Would love to do activities with friends, like in IV.

I would think so as well. I'm not trying to sound greedy, but this is GTA and I would love both versions of the map.

How much are those roughly? That would be a good idea to get one of those. A special place for a special game.

How much are those roughly? That would be a good idea to get one of those. A special place for a special game.

Keep it close to your heart (in a chest pocket) at all times. :p

The guy who mentioned it in those comments said $8-$10. Cheaper than they would be over here anyway, really cheap in fact.

Maybe they should have put a USB stick in the CE!

Keep it close to your heart (in a chest pocket) at all times. :p

The guy who mentioned it in those comments said $8-$10. Cheaper than they would be over here anyway, really cheap in fact.

Maybe they should have put a USB stick in the CE!

If I ever got arrested and searched, I would tell the cops that's nothing at all in my pocket and would probably fight over it, lol. Then of course when I escape the police I would take out my cell to turn off the cops, hoping that works that is..

hhhm gameplay trailer, nice! not sure if will be able to 'not watch it' or not though :p

i remember trying to find leaked gameplay or early gameplay before release but the must of been 101 take2 employees refreshing the page deleting all new vids! i managed to find one though :p

Well, as long as all the DLC isn't higher than another 8GB combined then I don't mind. :p I'm always installing & removing games as I go as 250GB dries up quick!

lucky you! i have a 120gb so you must know what it feels like for me!