Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 AM   #961
BiggD
104 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Oh, I did remember one thing I thought would have been interesting for the finale, and that would have been the return of the Nazi's. You know, those dickheads who raped Gemma and then rode off into the sunset? That could have been a thing.
Jax and Chibbs killed one of them in the dressing room of a store and Zobelle fled the state. I think there was a third but he probably died, too.

Thanks to Xerofox for the alluringly arousing signature!

~ FALLOUT IS LOVE, FALLOUT IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:52 AM   #962
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Jax and Chibbs killed one of them in the dressing room of a store and Zobelle fled the state. I think there was a third but he probably died, too.
Did they kill Flea? I can't even remember...

Also, how were there no cops at the courthouse when he shot Marks? Ever been to a courthouse? Cops.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #963
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quote:
Also, how were there no cops at the courthouse when he shot Marks? Ever been to a courthouse? Cops.
Plot hole mayn.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 AM   #964
BiggD
104 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2
Quote:

LOL. I wondered this too. Very stupid scene. Especially Jax sitting on the stoop in that obvious blanket.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:17 AM   #965
PainOfDemise

PainOfDemise's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:

Yeah, that bugged me quite a bit. After the first kill in the bakery, you would figure he wouldn't be able to get around as freely as he did. Then he kills Marks on the steps of a courthouse and no cops came running out? Come on...

Other than that, I thought it was a great episode to finish it.

| PSNProfiles | Sig by Noid | PSNTrophyLeaders |

PainOfDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:21 AM   #966
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Metabolic XBA   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm glad you agree with me, he should have left the boy in Ireland, and YES, Walt should have taken the loan.

But seriously, I only brought that up as a quick thought when the show ended, I understand that we're essentially discussing a different character in season seven than in season three, which is why I said this:

Oh, I did remember one thing I thought would have been interesting for the finale, and that would have been the return of the Nazi's. You know, those dickheads who raped Gemma and then rode off into the sunset? That could have been a thing.
Well of the Nazis that raped Gemma all the identifiable ones ended up dead and Zobel was run out of town. While Jax was working with Tully and the AB, even acknowledging that Zobel was a cancer for both of them early on, it wouldn't have made sense for that branch of the AB to come back.

I do agree that the finale wasn't all that great, like I said in my post last night the majority of it was totally telegraphed. Almost everything I put in my spoiler last night happened. That said my main problem was that Jax was just such a coward. Everything he did was cowardice couched in heroics to make him look better. For seven seasons Jax was pretty much the most intelligent and noble person in any room, that wasn't the Jax who showed up last night. He said he couldn't change but he didn't even try too, in any way. He never tried to be the better father he claimed he couldn't be. You can try to sugar coat it anyway you want, committing suicide and leaving your freinds and family behind is a fucking pussy move. That's not a word I would have ever thought to use to describe Jax before last night.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #967
BiggD
104 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic XBA View Post
I do agree that the finale wasn't all that great, like I said in my post last night the majority of it was totally telegraphed. Almost everything I put in my spoiler last night happened. That said my main problem was that Jax was just such a coward. Everything he did was cowardice couched in heroics to make him look better. For seven seasons Jax was pretty much the most intelligent and noble person in any room, that wasn't the Jax who showed up last night. He said he couldn't change but he didn't even try too, in any way. He never tried to be the better father he claimed he couldn't be. You can try to sugar coat it anyway you want, committing suicide and leaving your freinds and family behind is a fucking pussy move. That's not a word I would have ever thought to use to describe Jax before last night.
Jax was going to die last night regardless. He was tired of the running and scheming. Coming clean to the Presidents was the only "noble" and "intelligent" thing he had left to do. I'm not sure why many people are equating a telegraphed and predictable ending to a bad ending. The ending can be bad to some, but to say it was bad because it was predictable is nonsense. Not everything has to be a twist.

Cowardice? He got his boys out. That was his main mission. As for suicide, his charter didn't want to kill him, he wanted it to be on his own terms; to have that moment of freedom he'd been longing for. It's not as if he drove the highway expecting to run head on into a semi. No one knows how he "planned" to die, but once he saw the semi - you can even see the look on his face. He figured it was fate to kill himself the same way JT killed himself; purposely, the way Jury told Jax he did.

Last edited by BiggD; 12-11-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #968
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Oh man, I wrote Flea when I was thinking of Henry Rollins. Credibility shot.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:19 AM   #969
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Metabolic XBA   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Quote:
Jax was going to die last night regardless. He was tired of the running and scheming. Coming clean to the Presidents was the only "noble" and "intelligent" thing he had left to do. I'm not sure why many people are equating a telegraphed and predictable ending to a bad ending. The ending can be bad to some, but to say it was bad because it was predictable is nonsense. Not everything has to be a twist.

Cowardice? He got his boys out. That was his main mission. As for suicide, his charter didn't want to kill him, he wanted it to be on his own terms; to have that moment of freedom he'd been longing for. It's not as if he drove the highway expecting to run head on into a semi. No one knows how he "planned" to die, but once he saw the semi - you can even see the look on his face. He figured it was fate to kill himself the same way JT killed himself; purposely, the way Jury told Jax he did.
I never called into question him telling the truth, that didn't even happen last night. That was noble and it was fitting with the character Jax had been since the show began. In the finale that Jax didn't show up. I also didn't say the fact that it was predictable made it bad, I said I just wasn't a fan of how 'yellow brick road' the whole thing was. Yeah he got his boys out, then he abandoned them, he killed everyone he thought needed to be killed then he abandoned his club to deal with the consequences, it's easy to swallow all that outlaw justice because it's the end but trying to pretend that everything he did makes it sunshine and roses for the people left behind is crap, lazy writing. Jax dying didn't make for a bad ending, the way it happened did.

Personally I disagree with you on the random act of suicide thing, to me it looked like that was his plan all along, he went on on JT's bike, on the same highway. Which is something else that didn't fit in with his character for me, he has always tried to be better than his father figures so it makes no sense to me that he would choose to go out in a cowardly way like that. Also all that stuff about not being able to be a good outlaw and a good father or how he can't change, what nonsense, especially so given that he is saying all this while shipping his sons of with Nero who is living proof you can change, you can be a good father...you just have to choose to not be an outlaw. He claims he is doing what Tara would have wanted him to do, but I am pretty sure she wouldn't have wanted him to leave his sons fatherless.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:26 AM   #970
BiggD
104 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic XBA View Post
Personally I disagree with you on the random act of suicide thing, to me it looked like that was his plan all along, he went on on JT's bike, on the same highway. Which is something else that didn't fit in with his character for me, he has always tried to be better than his father figures so it makes no sense to me that he would choose to go out in a cowardly way like that. Also all that stuff about not being able to be a good outlaw and a good father or how he can't change, what nonsense, especially so given that he is saying all this while shipping his sons of with Nero who is living proof you can change, you can be a good father...you just have to choose to not be an outlaw. He claims he is doing what Tara would have wanted him to do, but I am pretty sure she wouldn't have wanted him to leave his sons fatherless.
Fair points on the first part. I can see where you're coming from.

I still gotta disagree though. In Anarchy Afterward, I'm almost certain Charlie mentioned that Jax didn't have a plan on the highway when the trooper told him to turn off the bike. It may seem as he did since he was on JT's bike, but I'm more convinced he believed his death would be via cops rather than a semi appearing.

Yeah, Jax is confusing, though. I'm not sure why he couldn't just try riding out to Narco without the killings? Maybe leave his club to deal with Charlie and Marks and just follow the trail and go with Nero/Wendy/sons. That coulda been bad outlaw but good father.

I don't know. I liked the finale

Old 12-11-2014, 04:00 AM   #971
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Quote:
Fair points on the first part. I can see where you're coming from.

I still gotta disagree though. In Anarchy Afterward, I'm almost certain Charlie mentioned that Jax didn't have a plan on the highway when the trooper told him to turn off the bike. It may seem as he did since he was on JT's bike, but I'm more convinced he believed his death would be via cops rather than a semi appearing.

Yeah, Jax is confusing, though. I'm not sure why he couldn't just try riding out to Narco without the killings? Maybe leave his club to deal with Charlie and Marks and just follow the trail and go with Nero/Wendy/sons. That coulda been bad outlaw but good father.

I don't know. I liked the finale
Or if he truly wanted to do what Tara would have wanted, why not shoot for the same deal she was so happy with him for striking last year. He already came clean to Patterson about Roosevalt and Tara, throw in Barosky, Marks, Rourke and himself for the clubs guaranteed immunity. No blowback, no mess.

It wasn't totally awful, some things were good and worked really well. It was mostly just Jaxs' characterization and his path through the episode that soured me, although he had some great moments too. Just too bad that stuff ended up being the bulk of it.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:52 AM   #972
WalterWhite

It pains me to be the guy who bumps this thread, but:

Kurt Sutter Updates Potential Prequel Series

Oh my. My favorite bit is where he refers to his passion project as an "IP." You can really feel the love.

$$$
Old 02-17-2015, 03:11 AM   #973
BiggD
104 DAYS UNTIL FALLOUT 4

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
It pains me to be the guy who bumps this thread, but:

Kurt Sutter Updates Potential Prequel Series

Oh my. My favorite bit is where he refers to his passion project as an "IP." You can really feel the love.

$$$
A prequel? Sure does seem like a cash grab. I always thought the idea of a show revolving around the Original 9 would be cool, but I never expected it could/would happen or would even be good if it did