Bit of a problem

Hey everyone

I am having a bit of a problem with my Chinese Campaign. I am playing the Beta Centauri scenario, on King Difficulty and i am trying to get a Cultural Victory.

I currently have 18/20 requirements, with just two to go, but i just can't seem to get it!, and i run out of time and the French automatically win (even though it lists me as being top for domination..), but that's not my problem.

I would like to know how to get my last two requirements FAST.

I quickly spend all my money on extra cathedrals and Aquaducts, and that usually attracts and extra person, but its never enough.

One thing to mention, they're two rebel villages to the north, and the Zulu's to the east who keep attacking me.

I have built all wonders, and am now under pressure to get this, i have been playing all day and if i fail now it'll be a big waste.

Thanks a lot everyone

:uzi:

If you have already built all the wonders than you will have a very hard time to get the last two GP. Pressing RT will show you whats your culture is and how many pts is needed for the next GP.

And with your time restraint...I hate to say it...it might be best if you start again. If you do start again, do NOT explore, do NOT build any more city apart from your starting city.

Build temple, cathedral, courthouse, market and bank. Press Y in city screen to change to gold production. Build your defence. And thats it, i win every time (either culture or economy) on deity with this strat that i got from the other thread.

Ok everyone, thanks for the help.

I've managed to have a bit of luck

I sent some tanks forward along raods to enemy cities, captured on and used the tanks again to clear a path. I then got my spies to go and kidnap a great person :woop:

The year is 2424, and a new GP just joined my city as i built a lot of cathedrals. I have my 20 now, but how do i built the UN?

If i skip turns it goes to a french victory still

Thanks again

once you have the 20 you needed you will get an option to build UN under the wonders option. But since the very next turn leads to a french victory...you pretty much out of luck...unless you can nuke the french capital and capture it in one turn...that might turn the tide.

once you have the 20 you needed you will get an option to build UN under the wonders option. But since the very next turn leads to a french victory...you pretty much out of luck...unless you can nuke the french capital and capture it in one turn...that might turn the tide.

Nuking Paris is truly your only hope if they win because of the time. If you can't then just start over. Its not that bad or long if you don't explore and change to Monarchy.