Game won't load!

Has anyone else had trouble with the game not loading the 2nd level of the Tokyo mission?! I've started 2 new games and both times got to the 2nd level but the disc just stops spinning during the load scene. Should I put the game on my hard drive or just send it back for a new one?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is a defect on every copy of this game with the Slims. I tried this on 4 different slims and get the same issue.

However, what I noticed is that from time to time it actually does load. So if you're like me keep on trying it until it actually loads and then don't turn off your unit till you've completed the game.

Once completed, SELL IT :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Eek, wish i had read this before renting....least its a rental, shall find out tomorrow.

Edit: Bah, it didnt, time to play around.

Edit2: There are some workarounds like hitting guide as soon as you hit play game, but i never got it to work. Another was after it crashes remove the battery pack and eventually it should notice the controllers gone and bring the game back to life, tried this for an hour, no luck. Another was also it should come back to life if someone signs in/sends you a message or request, again i couldn't get that to work either.

All these are from a quick google but mostly from the thread on xbox.com, anyway, sadly no quick 1000 for me from this, sent back already.

Edited by Killerchronic

• 1 month later...

haha... I thought I was the only one who had problems loading this. I actually thought it was the disc. I just open it and close it until it finally loads. After that I play as long as I can because it might not load again. Other than clearing cache and saving the game to your hard drive, I have one other suggestion. Turn your xbox off and back on. It should load the game from the start and hopefully that works. (May have to change disc start-up settings at dashboard.)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was having the same issue with this game and my 360 Slim. Tried all the quick fixes and nothing seemed to work. So what I did was installed the game to the HD. Then I downloaded the demo for Friends or Foe from the Xbox marketplace. With the Spider-man retail disc in the disc drive I started up the Friends or Foe demo. Once the demo got to the very first screen I hit the guide button and selected "Play Spider-Man FOF". The game loaded up right away. Not Sure if this was a fluke and or a one time thing. Hopefully this helps though.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that nate1326 method does work if u have the disc, though u don't need to install the game from the disk to the HD. But I can't confirm if this will work if u bought the game from the XBL Marketplace.

I was having the same issue with this game and my 360 Slim. Tried all the quick fixes and nothing seemed to work. So what I did was installed the game to the HD. Then I downloaded the demo for Friends or Foe from the Xbox marketplace. With the Spider-man retail disc in the disc drive I started up the Friends or Foe demo. Once the demo got to the very first screen I hit the guide button and selected "Play Spider-Man FOF". The game loaded up right away. Not Sure if this was a fluke and or a one time thing. Hopefully this helps though.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a solution that works for me, may not work for everyone. First thing I do is load up the game Golf! Tee It Up and then dashboard out of that, and then load this game. For some reason that works for me. May work with other games, may not.

Edit: Note that I have the downloaded version of this game not the disc.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the same problems playing the downloaded version of the game as everyone else...namely that it won't start up. I have found though that the game starts up 100% of the time after I have either used Netflix or previously played another game on demand. I have no idea why this works or if it will work for others.

Good luck.

After an hour of trying every tip imaginable, I got the game to load.

Put in another game and boot it up to the Start screen (I happened to use Deadpool), then bring up the Guide and quit to dashboard. Then put in Friend or Foe disc, and it starts up right away.

I had also installed the disc to HDD in a previous attempt, don't know if that affects my instructions at all.

Hope it helps! :)

• 4 months later...
After an hour of trying every tip imaginable, I got the game to load.

Put in another game and boot it up to the Start screen (I happened to use Deadpool), then bring up the Guide and quit to dashboard. Then put in Friend or Foe disc, and it starts up right away.

I had also installed the disc to HDD in a previous attempt, don't know if that affects my instructions at all.

Hope it helps! :)

This works only way that does. My friend installed FOF on his hard drive when there was that spider-man sale. The game doesn't show on the marketplace anymore so I couldn't install it. I re-downloaded it from his downloaded history. I'm playing his console btw so I could play it.

I loaded up an arcade game (Poker Night 2) hit the guide button and dashboard. Then I loaded up Mass Effect 2 on a disc, it had an update so did that and hit the guide button and dashboard.

Great now I can play the last mission over and over again. Good thing there is a thing called music. Ugh x__x

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

For anyone reading this in the future looking for something to try, I have found a solution that has worked for me 100% of the time so far.

First, after signing in to my Xbox Live profile I loaded up Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butteryfly (I'll need to test if this works with other original Xbox games), then on the main menu hit the guide button and returned to dashboard. Then I put the game disk in and it started right up. I signed into Xbox Live again on the main menu of the game and it worked just fine.

That's how I got it started. I have an Xbox 360 Elite model and the game won't start for me any other way than this.