Achievement Guide and Roadmap

FeLizP

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually about to test this out but I think in regards to endings the choice you make at 9-1 landing does not matter. Currently on third playthrough law.

Correct, 9-1 has no effect on the ending. The following 3 choices at the confessional booths do.

Correct, 9-1 has no effect on the ending. The following 3 choices at the confessional booths do.

Ignore the 9-1 Answers for the Endings achievements. Once I found out that the first answer did not matter I simply added it under "Endings" where the Roadmap is further above. I never bothered going back and deleting the answers and putting "Doesn't matter" since it will work anyway. Moreover, this guide has already been submitted to the moderators for the main site so everything you see in this guide is locked in. Only thing left for me to do is post the Catherine FAQ(Read Before Posting) to cut down on the random threads posted and my job here will be done! :)

Ignore the 9-1 Answers for the Endings achievements. Once I found out that the first answer did not matter I simply added it under "Endings" where the Roadmap is further above. I never bothered going back and deleting the answers and putting "Doesn't matter" since it will work anyway. Moreover, this guide has already been submitted to the moderators for the main site so everything you see in this guide is locked in. Only thing left for me to do is post the Catherine FAQ(Read Before Posting) to cut down on the random threads posted and my job here will be done! :)

Great job man I'm actually working on a guide myself for blazblue cs. Hope your guide is up soon

do you need the judgement meter to be exactly center for the neutral ending or can it be slightly towards chaos or Law..I'm asking because I'd like to just reload a playthru halfway thru and try to get the neutral ending.

do you need the judgement meter to be exactly center for the neutral ending or can it be slightly towards chaos or Law..I'm asking because I'd like to just reload a playthru halfway thru and try to get the neutral ending.

I believe it needs to be with in a half point of the middle or at least it was for me

When you achieve gold on a stage and subsequently able to skip them in latter playthrus, do you skip the entire stage and therefore all the landing conversations? Or can you skip 6-1, talk to people and go to 6-2, etc.

thanks

Hi, once you gold prize a stage and play it over again. Hitting pause then skip will skip the stage and send you straight to that stages Landings(where you chat with other sheep) after a load screen.

So yeah it only skips the stage but not the dialogue/confessionals/Landings segments. That would have been silly for Atlus to make it skip the choice based stuff! I'll add this question to the Catherine FAQ thanks for asking. I'll have it posted tomorrow.

For some reason, I think the "All achievements" achievement requires you to be online to register that you have indeed collected all the previous achievements. I had to restart my game and reconnect online for it to register (my connection kept dropping as I was playing, but I didn't bother constantly reconnecting a single player game). It's the same with the Jukebox for me, as in it won't play songs if I'm not online.

Just wanted to update to confirm Legendary Prince requires you collect all four rosaries and completing Extra Stage 64. Simply finishing gives you the bad ending and no achievement.

Edit: Just some additional info for the guide. The rosaries are located in Stage 52, 56, 60, and 64 in both Normal and Extra mode - in Extra Mode you must first collect a Magic Lamp item to make the Rosaries appear in these stages. You must have all four when you finish stage 64 to get the 'True Ending' for both modes - which means you must complete stage 52 through 64 in succession if you wish to get these achievements before completing the main game. After completing the main game, you unlock Free Play in Rapunzel - essentially infinite credits - which makes this much easier.

If you have completed Rapunzel, unlocking all the stages in stage select, and have unlocked Free Play, you do not have to complete stages 52 through 64 in succession again. You can select stage 52, collect the Rosary and complete. In stage 53, open the Menu with :ybut: in the next stage, and then select retry. When asked if you wish to continue, select NO which will place you back at the title screen. From the title screen, select stage 56 and repeat. This allows you to skip the stages in between Rosary stages - you will retain your Rosaries so long as you do not exit Rapunzel. Note for emphasis: your Rosary completion WILL NOT save between sessions - you must complete stages 52, 56, 60, and 64 (with the Rosaries) in one sitting to view the "True" ending and unlock the achievements.

That's all the relevant information I can think of. Hope it helps your guide FeLizP.

How do yo unlock Free Play? By beating Rapunzel or by beating the main Catherine game? If it's the former, does that mean you could potentially get locked out of it all together if you fail enough times.

How do yo unlock Free Play? By beating Rapunzel or by beating the main Catherine game? If it's the former, does that mean you could potentially get locked out of it all together if you fail enough times.

Free Play is unlocked once you complete Catherine the first time. The only time you gte kicked off Rapunzel is during your first playthrough. You can play Rapunzel up to 3 times(1st playthrough only) after that you get kicked off but no worries, it saves your Stage progress and you can select which stage to start from the next time you play. It's best to save Rapunzel related stuff for later so that you won't have to worry about getting kicked off once Free Play is unlocked.

Read under Rapunzel in the Roadmap it tells you there. It's why I wrote it there in the first place.;)

I did look at first there, which is why I asked. I see now it was in your posts before the achievement guide, and I was mainly looking at the achievements related to them. So, yeah, it was like 2:30 am, give me a break :p

No big deal. It's obvious you must have missed it and the roadmap is pretty comprehensive and who wants to read that? lol

But I have good news for you. I'm posting a Catherine FAQ later today to help assist you with commonly asked questions for the game, along with linking you to various guides. Should work out well.

Hey Feliz! Just thought i'd let you know there are a few typos in your guide about the Babel stages! You just have the number of steps incorrect for two of em :)

Stage 1: 150 Steps

Stage 2: 187 Steps

Stage 3: 215 Steps

Stage 4: 300 Steps

At least this is what I've found as I've beaten the first two and Master LL's vid shows 215 for the third stage not 240 as you wrote.

Hopefully you see this message and can edit ur guide :) Thanks!

Hey Feliz! Just thought i'd let you know there are a few typos in your guide about the Babel stages! You just have the number of steps incorrect for two of em :)

Stage 1: 150 Steps

Stage 2: 187 Steps

Stage 3: 215 Steps

Stage 4: 300 Steps

At least this is what I've found as I've beaten the first two and Master LL's vid shows 215 for the third stage not 240 as you wrote.

Hopefully you see this message and can edit ur guide :) Thanks!

Edited. I think some of those numbers were rounded but they were taken from the wikia site before the North American version was released, guess there were some perks in the process of translating the official numbers over. Hopefully we can get those fixed into the main site guide once it's posted.

Edited. I think some of those numbers were rounded but they were taken from the wikia site before the North American version was released, guess there were some perks in the process of translating the official numbers over. Hopefully we can get those fixed into the main site guide once it's posted.

Yeah as one would expect. I know that reading 215 instead of 240 makes Obelisk seems much less daunting personally though haha. Good luck to us all!

Excellent guide! Been very helpful so far.

This is probably a silly question, but I can't find the answer. Does increasing the difficulty to hard mid-game affect achievements in any way?

It will definitely help you work towards the gold prized based achievements on Hard if you are intent on doing that when you switch to Hard mid-game. I took this straight from the FAQ:

There are 9 achievements linked to difficulties. 4 are from getting Gold trophies on all Nightmare Stages in Normal Difficulty or higher (and unlocks Babel stages), and 1 is for getting Gold trophies on all Nightmare Stages on Hard difficulty. The remaining 4 are from beating the Babel stages you unlocked from the first 4.

So if you are intent on getting all the achievements for Catherine you will still need to run through on Normal and gold all the stages(if you haven't already). This is assuming you are switching the difficult to Hard because you want to work towards "The Golden Child" ?

Other than that any other miscellaneous achievements in Golden Playhouse are not affected of course.

It will definitely help you work towards the gold prized based achievements on Hard if you are intent on doing that when you switch to Hard mid-game. I took this straight from the FAQ:

There are 9 achievements linked to difficulties. 4 are from getting Gold trophies on all Nightmare Stages in Normal Difficulty or higher (and unlocks Babel stages), and 1 is for getting Gold trophies on all Nightmare Stages on Hard difficulty. The remaining 4 are from beating the Babel stages you unlocked from the first 4.

So if you are intent on getting all the achievements for Catherine you will still need to run through on Normal and gold all the stages(if you haven't already). This is assuming you are switching the difficult to Hard because you want to work towards "The Golden Child" ?

Other than that any other miscellaneous achievements in Golden Playhouse are not affected of course.

Thanks for the response! Yea, I wanted to work towards Golden Child but since I just have stage 9 left to gold on Normal i guess ill finish it up. So when going for golden child, do you start a new game on hard, or just switch the difficulty from my "normal file" to hard and replay the stages?

Thanks for the response! Yea, I wanted to work towards Golden Child but since I just have stage 9 left to gold on Normal i guess ill finish it up. So when going for golden child, do you start a new game on hard, or just switch the difficulty from my "normal file" to hard and replay the stages?

Either one works. Staring up a New Game on Hard wouldn't be a bad idea if you still have Endings and miscellaneous(patron, text junkie, beer tips,etc.) achievements left over that you still haven't unlocked.

But if you have all those then yeah just simply load up a save from your Normal playthrough, switch the difficulty to hard from the pause menu, then bring up your phone to replay the stages. Just remember, you can only use your cell during Stray Sheep segments, so make sure you have a save file that was made while you were at the Stray Sheep because any saves made at the Landings will not allow you to use your cell phone.

See "The Golden Child" achievement description for more details. There's also a Catherine FAQ that may answer some of your questions located HERE.

Edited by FeLizP

I was wondering about the Axis Mundi description:

"Every form of block in the game is present here, but Vortex Blocks are the main threat."

As far as I'm concerned, the only blocks available are Normal, Cracked and yeah, the Vortex/Black Hole Blocks. Just wanted to clarify that. All in all, great guide. :)

I was wondering about the Axis Mundi description:

"Every form of block in the game is present here, but Vortex Blocks are the main threat."

As far as I'm concerned, the only blocks available are Normal, Cracked and yeah, the Vortex/Black Hole Blocks. Just wanted to clarify that. All in all, great guide. :)

Well of course you will see this is if you completed it using the Pairs method which basically cuts the steps in half needed and the ridiculous block drops. However now that I look back at things, I believe the Japanese version contained all the block types but this was patched to be made easier when Catherine was ported to North America. Remember a lot of the achievement descriptions here were for the Japanese version, it's all I had before I actually got to play the NA version. I'll see if I can make a slight edit there for us yanks, haha.

To me, it seems that Axis Mundi takes the biggest nerf in difficulty out of the 4 Babel Stages when you play in Pairs, but maybe it's only because Axis is so much more difficult in Singles. It is also being rumored that having all gold prizes on Normal is when Babel Mode is easiest to complete as opposed to having all gold prizes on Hard, which causes the game to crank up the difficulty for Babel Stages but don't quote me on that. ;)

Thanks for your comment!

EDIT: So basically I still got quoted(post below) yeah haha but anyways please disregard what I said about Babel being easier before getting gold prizes for all Hard Stages. Apparently Babel is not affected in anyway, difficulty remains the same. Plus, Axis Mundi is still allegedly "impossible" to beat in Singles until a patch is released, which is unlikely.

Edited by FeLizP