Need something cleared up about Enhancements + Weapon XP

BlackDragon

First of all, how are Enhancement effects applied? Does the effect of all equipped enhancements always apply, or do they only apply to the weapon they're equipped on? If so, do the Passive abilities continue to work if it's equipped on a Secondary Weapon not currently in use? For example, if I equip the Combat Lore enhancement on my Scythe, foes it enhance XP gain for all weapons, or only the Scythe - and if I have the Gauntlet set as my secondary weapon, does it still boost my Defense?

Second, what actions actually award Weapon XP? Attacking? Killing enemies? Simply having the weapon equipped while fighting? And is there any limitations for sub-weapon growth? Meaning, can you grow your Gauntlet to Level 3 even if your Sword is still only level 2?

that might have been because you had the map for that area(i think every area has a treasure map, haven't located them all though)

There is no Hoardseeker for the overworld (except in "The Crossroads")...

Each dungeon has a separate Hoardseeker, but I was able to see chests in dungeons and the overworld without the use of a Hoardseeker or equipping Fury's Embrace.

• 2 months later...

passive bonus, like ravager, combat lore, and fury are in effect regardless of whether you have them "slotted". Slotted bonus only applies to to the weapon you ave it on, ie: bloodthirst will only recover life when the weapon its equipped on is used, Hellfire will only set enemies on fire when struck with the equipped weapon.

The only exception appears to be Carnage, which increases the amount of Chaos gotten with all weapons, regardless of what its equipped on. Not sure if it gives more to the sword or what, tho.