This game sucks!

I warn everyone who wants to buy this game!

The trailer has nothing to do with the game, some scenes are from the !! main menue !!.

- the graphics are terrible, framerate crashes, aliasing, ugly textures, ugly planes with no details

- story is terrible, ugly comic cut scenes

- missions are boring, 80% of the game you play 5-10 min. missions and shooting 12 enemy planes or you just fly from A to B

- MP mode is terrible too, lags, lobby problems, you just get kicked out of the game for no reason

The only good things:

- only 24 achivements, if you got a boosting session you can get all MP achivements very easy

- controlls are ok, voice acting is ok, nice package

For everyone who wants to play a game like that take IL2 Sturmovik, it´s many ways better (if you don´t want a "real" story) than this game.

To the guy who started this thread, it was never meant to be a big game title anyway and its basicly a budget game, so i played it and i def can say i realy enjoying it, Aces Over Europe awhile back from Ubisoft wasn,t a budget game and in a way you can compare it with eachother, plus i played IL2-Sturmovik aswell and the landscape in there is simulair to the one using in Air Conflict, plus in this game you have actual soldiers running around and overall the graphics def not bad, def for a game that never would get many ppl who buying it. I know alot of ppl just getting this game because of the quik achievements lol.

As a flight game junkie i def think they did a good job with this game okay the comic cut scenes look different but overall the flashbacks of Dee, dee,s father flying in WWI are not bad either, Multiplayer is def fun that is if anyone is actualy on playing it, its not laggy at all same goes for the singleplayer, i not seen any clipping or odd textures. I know i probly get alot of comment now but overall i found the landscape and the planes better looking then in IL2 and Aces Over Europe was def an arcade flight sim but alot of fun! Even some never managed to finish it on expert.

I quite enjoyed it, yeah the cartoony cut scene are a bit puke inducing but the game itself is actually fun, as for graphics they are alright especially having the enemy running around on the ground which is unusual for a flight sim.

MP well if you find a game it's actually quite fun if people balance the sides, more often than not I join a game and it's 6vs2 and only 2 as I've joined that side and the poor person is being pounced on from ever angle.

this is definitely an "OK" game, there are some planes with details in the cockpits missing, one of them even has part of the aircraft missing if you are in cockpit view and look back you can see through the fuselage to the ground. some planes dont increase speed when you drop the nose, there are plenty of issues.

This isn't a patch on IL2 sturmovik, either graphically or in terms of making you feel like you really are flying. that said the dogfighting is the best i have seen in a 360 flight game. the enemy planes are very active unlike IL2, where the tend to fly in a straight line and wait to get shot.

The multiplayer is an odd one, some of the lag is horrendous, planes skipping forward and back, though this is not all games, maybe just a couple of laggy players.

the cartoony style is bad as is the voice acting, however it did make me wonder if there could be a decent opening for a WW2 flight sim in a fully cel shaded style.

if you like WW2 flying games, this isn't really bad, but IL2 is still the 360 flight sim king imo.

I only started playing this game this morning and I'm enjoying it, I certainly wouldn't say it sucks.

The graphics are quite good, not amazing but definitely upto modern standards. The story line is ok and I don't think the cartoon cutscenes are that bad. The only problem with this game I think is the lack of people online making it hard to find a game.

Worth 6-7/10 I think.

i finished the game last night, its going back to the shop today, i might pick up IL2 sturmovik which does almost everything 100% better than this game IMO. with the exception of the dogfighting, which in IL2 can be a bit tame in campaign mode.

Its not worst game i have ever played, but there are some stupid things that are annoying, if you switch off your engine and dip the nose 90degrees to the floor, your plane will not increase in speed!! yet switch it on and it does. another one is, If you park the plane and drop a bomb underneath you, the whistling noise of a bomb can still be heard. Also the word "deathmatch" is spelled "deacthmatch" or something on the multiplayer server screens. nitpicking maybe but like I said a few annoying things tend to turn me off keeping a game, i was hoping this would tide my flight sim needs off until AC7 or the new IL2 one.

The biggest selling point for me was the promise of stealth / night missions. But the stealth sections are completely wasted opportunity, the enemy AI detects if you stray into his circle just for a second, surely this should have been a 180degree field of view, not a 360. pilots with their backs to you can somehow still see you, come on thats just silly, aircraft were not fitted with radars in WW2. then, if you do get rumbled by the AI on a stealth section, its an instant fail in 99% of cases, whats the point in that , surely it would have been more fun to make a dash for the border / objective or an opportunity for a dogfight. I think there is one stealth mission early on where if you are detected you get to fight your way out, most of the others IIRC are insta-fails.

the missions were mostly short, i would have been happier with a campaign of the same length, but 50% less missions and have each mission longer.

I realise its a budget game, but that doesn't mean its exempt from criticism for any reason.

I like it so far considering its not a big budget game. I'm getting old and think that the best games in the world are form the late 90's. So I don't care about the low end graphics. I'm more about gameplay. And tho some of the missions are pointless and short. I think its a good game.

It was sold at a lower price where I am from on launch day. So it was not a total waste.

The game has its bad sides ofc. But not that many that the game is horrid.

Its not up there with Heroes over Europe or with Blazing angels. But it gets the job done.

I have to admit first that i'm a WW2 plane nutter, i play everyting that has WW2&planes in it, i didn't finish the game yet but it's not as bad as some would say, to be honest the scenery looks even better than IL-2, also the lightning is good in it, the skins for the planes are mostly correct which is a rare thing in these kind of arcadey games, too bad the multiplayer is born dead.

I don´t know if i lost my sight, but this game looks terrible, sorry guys. From all the games on Xbox 360 it´s the most painfull game.

I got Ace Combat, Heroes over Europe, IL2, Apache Air Assault and the two Blazing Angel games and i LOVE every game which has planes in the air.

You tell me that it looks better?!?! then IL2?? What the....come on...

This game is the worst flightgame on Xbox. No feeling of speed, no exiting missions, besides that the AI allways do the same turns/things, the last mission make me laugh, the story is cheap, nearly all the missions happen on 4-5 map layouts, stealth missions are lame

I personal don´t care about, that this is a budget title, with the engine and the scriptings you could build up good missions. I think the game got one problem: After a certain number of planes in the game it starts to crush the framerate. So the programmers stay at a certain number and the real "war" feeling don´t come up.

It was just a warning for people which are never play a flight game before, if they start with this one because it´s cheap they never touch another flightgame in the future.

Edited by TAI JASON

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...