This is how you unlock the Shadow ranger achievement.

Ecko3351

Okay I just unlocked the shadow ranger achievement. The only time you are forced to kill is at the very end of the level D6. When you get to the part with the big guy with the flamethrower and the riot shield guys, that's when you start killing. So do not kill anyone at the train part or the part with the snipers.

If you think about it, if they get to you, you're dead. Game over. So you have to kill them.

Edited by Ecko3351

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. Btw how did you get through the (*SPOILER*) last duel with pavel where he sends his guys out after you, knock everyone out? That was the only part i had to kill and think this is why i missed the achievement. Kind of stupid, the achievement says ",unless you are forced to" i mean they go guns bazing on me what other chance would i have other then kill them :confused:

Thanks for the info. Btw how did you get through the (*SPOILER*) last duel with pavel where he sends his guys out after you, knock everyone out? That was the only part i had to kill and think this is why i missed the achievement. Kind of stupid, the achievement says ",unless you are forced to" i mean they go guns bazing on me what other chance would i have other then kill them :confused:

Yeah, that's the section of the game that ruined it for me too. Thought it wouldn't progress until you kill the guys in the windows. Fucking stupid Achievement, and the roadmap made it worse by saying something along the lines of "if they're pointing a gun at you, you're good to kill them".

Just hide behind one of the cars or something, and wait for the enemy to come to you. Keep doing that until the gate opens.

You can get through the entire game without killing anyone except for the last part on d6.

Edited by Ecko3351

Just hide behind one of the cars or something, and wait for the enemy to come to you. Keep doing that until the gate opens.

You can get through the entire game without killing anyone except for the last part on d6.

I know that now, but because of the vague Achievement description it ruined it for me. And also, I went back and re-did that level without killing anyone and it still didn't unlock, so I guess if you ever kill someone you're not supposed to you're screwed unless you start a new game.

Okay I just unlocked the shadow ranger achievement. The only time you are forced to kill is at the very end of the level D6. When you get to the part with the big guy with the flamethrower and the riot shield guys, that's when you start killing. So do not kill anyone at the train part or the part with the snipers.

If you think about it, if they get to you, you're dead. Game over. So you have to kill them.

I put this in my guide. Good job!

I know that now, but because of the vague Achievement description it ruined it for me. And also, I went back and re-did that level without killing anyone and it still didn't unlock, so I guess if you ever kill someone you're not supposed to you're screwed unless you start a new game.

Yeah I noticed that on my first playthrough. The sec you kill a human, it autosaves real quick, so restarting a checkpoint or chapter won't save you.

The chase and this mission do NOT lend themselves to being completed in Ranger Hardcore while going for the Shadow Ranger achievement. This was most likely caused by someone making the assumption while programming the game that no one would go through the first time on the hardest difficulty AND go for no kills in the whole game. I tried for several hours last night on The Chase mission to just ride the rail car out and non lethally take out baddies...you can't even complete the rail car ride on Ranger Hardcore, and Red Square is the same way. There is no way to survive 8 snipers on Ranger Hardcore and wait for them to come down stairs after you....won't happen. So...I wasted 4 days for a chievo that, on the hardest difficulty, is unobtainable.....all for the good ending... At least the game play and story were excellent or I really would've quit buying games all together. Having said that, my buying days are coming to an end what with the constant barrage of buggy, laggy, glitchy, unfinished games lately.

Umm... Does it count like a kill, if you knock out an enemy on the surface, and take his mask's filter? Logically speaking, you are dooming him to die in suffocation. Can you loot their filters or not?

The chase and this mission do NOT lend themselves to being completed in Ranger Hardcore while going for the Shadow Ranger achievement. This was most likely caused by someone making the assumption while programming the game that no one would go through the first time on the hardest difficulty AND go for no kills in the whole game. I tried for several hours last night on The Chase mission to just ride the rail car out and non lethally take out baddies...you can't even complete the rail car ride on Ranger Hardcore, and Red Square is the same way. There is no way to survive 8 snipers on Ranger Hardcore and wait for them to come down stairs after you....won't happen. So...I wasted 4 days for a chievo that, on the hardest difficulty, is unobtainable.....all for the good ending... At least the game play and story were excellent or I really would've quit buying games all together. Having said that, my buying days are coming to an end what with the constant barrage of buggy, laggy, glitchy, unfinished games lately.

Well, considering what the development team had to go through, so you could enjoy your game. I'd say that the game is quite polished. I've seen worse examples, from AAA game companies. Also, the Ranger Hardcore mode, is RANGER for a reason. The "bad" ending is essentially you sacrificing yourself for the good of the whole Metro - the motto of Sparta's Rangers basically.

Also, you can still get the "good" ending, but you can't kill more then 20 or 30 people. And you also need to have done all the other necessary points towards the "good" ending. One of my buddies, playing on PC got the "good" ending, even though he killed quite a few human enemies.

Edited by KriugerisLT

Umm... Does it count like a kill, if you knock out an enemy on the surface, and take his mask's filter? Logically speaking, you are dooming him to die in suffocation. Can you loot their filters or not?

You can still get the achievement if you loot their bodies and take the filters. I've done it and still got the achievement.

Yeah I wouldn't bother going for that achievement on the ranger difficulties. I would recommend going for the shadow ranger achievement on easy or normal.

Edited by Ecko3351

You can still get the achievement if you loot their bodies and take the filters. I've done it and still got the achievement.

Yeah I wouldn't bother going for that achievement on the ranger difficulties. I would recommend going for the shadow ranger achievement on easy or normal.

Yup, day late and a dollar short. I'm not playing again on easy and going for Shadow Ranger and then playing yet again on easy and going for the killing 100 human enemies as well as one kill with each weapon type. I had actually had this in my game que on gamefly, changed my mind, figured surely the problems and the achievement problems from the first one would be rectified.....N O T. So, back to gamefly, and now I have to try and sell this with all the problems it's got. Oh well, that won't happen again..

You had no problem getting past the Chase level without dieing? I was playing on Easy and just kept being ravished by the enemy. I'm gonna go at it again later but also, the end of D6 are you ok killing the lil guys with shields next to the Flamethrower guy or JUST the Flamethrower guy. Thank you for any help towards this.

The trick in "The Chase" is to move fast and mash X. I think that during the knock-out animation, you're somewhat invulnerable, so after the animation ends, either jump on another guy, or use a med-kit. Most of the enemies on the train have medkits, so you're stocked on health, if you need it.

Timing is essential. Took me ~2 tries to succeed. Playing on Normal btw. Easy just sounds pathetic IMO :D

You had no problem getting past the Chase level without dieing? I was playing on Easy and just kept being ravished by the enemy. I'm gonna go at it again later but also, the end of D6 are you ok killing the lil guys with shields next to the Flamethrower guy or JUST the Flamethrower guy. Thank you for any help towards this.

I killed the riot shield guys and the big flamethrower guy.

Hey I missed some music collectible so I knew achievement for it have be single playthrough I will do 2nd playthrough for it. For note collectibles I knew it is able to replay chapters.

But question I miss slash box in Swamp level so able replay chapter to get miss boxes or have be single playthrough like music and trap achievements?

The trick in "The Chase" is to move fast and mash X. I think that during the knock-out animation, you're somewhat invulnerable, so after the animation ends, either jump on another guy, or use a med-kit. Most of the enemies on the train have medkits, so you're stocked on health, if you need it.

Timing is essential. Took me ~2 tries to succeed. Playing on Normal btw. Easy just sounds pathetic IMO :D

Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm not some pathetic noob that can't play a game on anything but Easy. It's the section where your forced to duck in the cart before jumping on the train. Even then they seem to tear through my health....maybe glitch....who knows but your reply was unhelpful and that was a jerk ass response at the end. Thanks.

Hey I missed some music collectible so I knew achievement for it have be single playthrough I will do 2nd playthrough for it. For note collectibles I knew it is able to replay chapters.

But question I miss slash box in Swamp level so able replay chapter to get miss boxes or have be single playthrough like music and trap achievements?

reloading chapters for the equipped achievement is fine, Just make sure to finish the chapter.

reloading chapters for the equipped achievement is fine, Just make sure to finish the chapter.

Thank you if I want to replay chapter now so will be ok for Redemption achievement or better stay playthrough until complete end game? I am in first swamp level and that where I miss first slash box I did follow video but end up by accident jump off in right beginning of chapter lol

What about the tank?

You can shoot the tank. Just keep an eye if it autosaves when you're shooting it, just incase you shoot a human by accident.

You can shoot it, or you can destroy it? Because the AI did nothing to it when I beat the game just now and eventually it blows you up. Found that out the hard way.

Also how are you supposed to do that whole final battle for Shadow Ranger? There are guys everywhere... wouldn't they swarm you and kill you over and over again?

Breaks the realism if they expect you to run out there with only the butt of your knife and knock people out!?

They should have made the description for it: "do not kill any humans until the final battle."

To clarify, the achievement conforms to just human enemies, right?

There were a few levels where you're given the option of sneaking past "yellow" enemies, like that Demon guarding its nest, or the various Watchers cowering from that storm while on your way to Red Square. Same with letting that mutant bear from The Prophecy die.