Problems with the fighting? Check this out!

TheExorzist

I think many of you dislike the goddamn fightig system as same as I do.

The last couple of days I was trying to get the suvivor-achievment, but it just didn't work out - no matter how hard I tried. Especially in the levels 5-9 most of the time the damn enemies busted me. Just made it to level 8. More seemed not possible. Then I started thinking: Why the fuck I'm fighting at all? Right, you sheer don't have to fight most of the time! There are just max. 2 fights/level you really have to win. Whats for the others, do this:

- Approach the enemy until you are right beside him

- Wait until he swing, then press A and turn sides with him

- Go a few steps back (so that he can't hit you! ) until he swings and

- then immediatly press B and get the fuck out of there.

Try it! Will make it a lot more easier, I promise you. Just made it to Level 13 without many problems.

Sure, you will still have to memorize each level because of the damn traps, but at least you won't have to worry much about the fighting any more.

Hope this will help some of you guys.

Greetz

€dit: Just did it!

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/MM/cl/1YCLiGJhbC9MFQUXXFJRFzY1L2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn+grHKw==.jpg

:D

Very helpfull was thinking of just not bothering with the survival mode any more but i will give this a try. Did you still pick up the life posions as you went along?

Of course. You will need them all when you have to fight Jaffar.

As for the the mentioned trick: He'll mostly help you in level 5 and 6. Especially 6 is damn hard because you usually have to win 3 fights one after another. With this trick you can skip them all. :)

Of course. You will need them all when you have to fight Jaffar.

As for the the mentioned trick: He'll mostly help you in level 5 and 6. Especially 6 is damn hard because you usually have to win 3 fights one after another. With this trick you can skip them all. :)

Yea stupid question lol, just had a quick go at it got to level 7 and died but it was my fault geting a bit cocky i was. But brilliant tactic works like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...
for survival, do u have to make it within the hour to get the achievement

Yes, you have to.

It's really not that hard if you memorzie the levels. And you will have to memorzie them because without you won't stand a single chance beating the survival mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi,

need some extra help with this!!

i don't understand what you mean by "turn sides with him"?? i assumed you mneant changed sides, but no matter what i do I cannot seem to swao sides with a baddy at all? really stuck now, please clarify!

thanks

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
hi,

need some extra help with this!!

i don't understand what you mean by "turn sides with him"?? i assumed you mneant changed sides, but no matter what i do I cannot seem to swao sides with a baddy at all? really stuck now, please clarify!

thanks

Dave

I know this is almost a year old now and there's little chance you're monitoring this I suppose, but...

In order to switch sides with a guard, get as close to them as possible, wait for them to attack then parry with A. You should switch sides with your opponent as you parry.

Incidentally, for the guards you have to fight as well as Jaffar, I find the best method is this:

1) Get as close to your opponent as possible then take one step back (obviously you don't need to do this if you know how close you should be after that step back, but getting close then retreating one step will put you in the best possible position)

2) WAIT for your opponent to attack, then parry and counter attack, then parry, repeating as necessary. NEVER alter your timing and repeat as many times as necessary

3) ALWAYS have the last move you do in any given set be parry unless you hit your opponent

4) Rinse, repeat

Your outcomes will be:

1) Hit opponent

2) Guard parries your last strike and then you parry nothing (your last move should always be parry to be safe)

3) Guard slips in a hit (this is sometimes inevitable as far as I can tell but should be rare if your timing is good)

4) Struggle. After you win any struggle and punch your opponent, you will ALWAYS have time to hit him with your sword once

You should probably practice before you go for Survivor (will I ever beat that mode :confused:). At this point the most any guard will ever hit me is twice. Get the A to X to A timing down and you should be tearing through the guards you can't skip in no time. The same strategy applies to Jaffar as well, the notable exceptions being that you should not counterattack after his "laser" or his knockback move.

EDIT - I should also mention that parrying and counter attacking should NOT be done as quickly as possible. You want to get into a steady rhythm based on the animation of the characters. As mentioned, you generally don't want to alter your timing. Mashing X after a parry tends only to break your cadence and get you stabbed.

Edited by Kal-El814

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...