I was thinking of things from a fan point of view for the NAO thing... and I wasn't exactly complaining about them getting a shot and winning, more of the "illusion" of it being real. Give Swagger and Cesaro and PTP a shot on Smackdown or Main Event or something, so they can say they gave them a real chance at least.

As for the Brock thing, you responded like I was upset, (get over it) I don't really care one way or another really I was just bringing it up. More for Batista. I don't know how I feel about him showing up randomly and winning... kinda a big FU to all the other guys that have been busting their ass every night. Guess it is more that I feel bad for those guys, rather than I actually care it happened.

Also lol at Cleveland for not being able to chant in unison, guess that kinda proves why they are so bad at team sports..... :D

Edited by Midnight Malice

The whole Punk quitting storyline MAY be a work so I want to see how things play out first.

May I ask why WWE continues bringing back old stars like The Old Aged Outlaws and Badtista? Isn't this what WWE said ruined WCW in 2000? WWE has never been that great in recent years, but WWE is really digging themselves in a hole. Instead of giving the titles to the Old Aged Outlaws, why not have Cody Rhodes defend the title against them?

Apparently WWE Creative have been holding all day meetings yesterday and today to completely shake up and reinvigorate their upcoming events...

WWE is in the midst of one of the most eventful weeks in years – and the company’s existing storyline plans through WrestleMania could be scrapped entirely by Friday night.

WWE has called for all-day creative meetings on Thursday and Friday, according to a report by Wade Keller of PWTorch.com. A source says that “nothing is sacred” in terms of long-standing booking plans plans and “everything will be reevaluated.”

The roller coaster ride began on Sunday night when it became apparent to fans that Daniel Bryan would not be part of the Royal Rumble match. The strong negativereaction to Batista winning the Rumble, Daniel Bryan’s continuing popularity growth and the shocking departure of CM Punk from the company are all being cited as reasons for the shakeup.

We’ll have more details on this story later in the week, but it appears that things are going to get even more interesting by the time the week is over.

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-holding-...ursday-friday/

How legit that is... well???

Just watched the Rumble and Bryan Vs Wyatt was awesome. The show went downhill from there tho. Lensar/Show just shows what a mess WWE is. A man repeatedly beating another man who lies defenseless on the floor with a chair is NOT PG.

Orton/Cena was the usual garbage we have seen a 100 times before. Fair play to the crowd tho they let WWE know that we are bored sick of these guys.

The Rumble was decent. Kingston was great as usual and that swing by Cessaro went on forever. Loved Rey getting booed out of the building and the disdain the crowd showed Batista.

MasonCooper42;6203490']

Its possibly a good thing. Bryan can finally prove (storyline wise) to trips that he is good enough to win the whc, especially if he can beat hhh at wrestlemania.

And i can see wwe finding yet another way to screw him at ec

No way HHH would lose to Bryan at Mania. His ego would not allow it.

For those of you thinking WWE is playing the long game with Bryan are barking mad. This is the company that gets bored of people after 4 minutes. There is no such thing as a slow-build push anymore. His time as a main-eventer is over. They will never have him hold the belt again. He will lose at Mania whoever he faces.

I would love to be wrong. But its WWE.

2 things... NAO (love them) but still.... how did they get to the front of the line... give the other teams their due shots, even if it is on Raw and Smackdown.... just make it look "kinda" believable.

There is no 'line'. This is the tag belts we are talking about. WWE has no interest in wins and losses for these belts.

The division is basically throwing two singles wrestlers together because they cant be arsed to write singles storylines. Or having two old timers return and shit on the few legit teams (PTP/Uso's) they do have.

May I ask why WWE continues bringing back old stars like The Old Aged Outlaws and Badtista? Isn't this what WWE said ruined WCW in 2000? WWE has never been that great in recent years, but WWE is really digging themselves in a hole.

Exactly.

Most of us here are sick of these guys that are clearly past it hobbling in and taking the spots of the guys who bust their arses every week.

Rumble Standings

JeremyVersion1 - 4 pts

Morbido - 4 pts

punker - 4 pts

iBuzz7S - 3 pts (ill let you have your Rumble winner even tho you guessed twice;))

TheRealJustSean - 3 pts

B1GM13 - 2 pts

ginge88isfun - 2 pts

Melfar - 2 pts

Just watched the Rumble and Bryan Vs Wyatt was awesome. The show went downhill from there tho. Lensar/Show just shows what a mess WWE is. A man repeatedly beating another man who lies defenseless on the floor with a chair is NOT PG.

Orton/Cena was the usual garbage we have seen a 100 times before. Fair play to the crowd tho they let WWE know that we are bored sick of these guys.

The Rumble was decent. Kingston was great as usual and that swing by Cessaro went on forever. Loved Rey getting booed out of the building and the disdain the crowd showed Batista.

No way HHH would lose to Bryan at Mania. His ego would not allow it.

For those of you thinking WWE is playing the long game with Bryan are barking mad. This is the company that gets bored of people after 4 minutes. There is no such thing as a slow-build push anymore. His time as a main-eventer is over. They will never have him hold the belt again. He will lose at Mania whoever he faces.

I would love to be wrong. But its WWE.

There is no 'line'. This is the tag belts we are talking about. WWE has no interest in wins and losses for these belts.

The division is basically throwing two singles wrestlers together because they cant be arsed to write singles storylines. Or having two old timers return and shit on the few legit teams (PTP/Uso's) they do have.

Exactly.

Most of us here are sick of these guys that are clearly past it hobbling in and taking the spots of the guys who bust their arses every week.

Rumble Standings

JeremyVersion1 - 4 pts

Morbido - 4 pts

punker - 4 pts

iBuzz7S - 3 pts (ill let you have your Rumble winner even tho you guessed twice;))

TheRealJustSean - 3 pts

B1GM13 - 2 pts

ginge88isfun - 2 pts

Melfar - 2 pts

Why do I only have 2 pts. if I guessed every match right but Wyatt/Bryan?

Why do I only have 2 pts. if I guessed every match right but Wyatt/Bryan?

My mistake. Sorry about that.

Revised table

Rumble Standings

JeremyVersion1 - 4 pts

Melfar - 4 pts

Morbido - 4 pts

punker - 4 pts

TheRealJustSean - 3 pts

B1GM13 - 2 pts

ginge88isfun - 2 pts

My mistake. Sorry about that.

Revised table

Rumble Standings

JeremyVersion1 - 4 pts

Melfar - 4 pts

Morbido - 4 pts

punker - 4 pts

TheRealJustSean - 3 pts

B1GM13 - 2 pts

ginge88isfun - 2 pts

I guess I didn't do too bad..... Bring on Elimination Chamber.

So is Punk really quitting (again) because he isn't getting what he believes is a proper push?

I thought he was for real this time. But then after seeing the Foley reactions and countless other current and ex wwe employees, I feel it's got to be a work. Think he will return just before Wrestlemania as Vince's guy to take on Triple H and the authority. A story we all predicted to be at wrestlemania just before Summerslam. What better time to start that story then now?

Well, here is the thing about Punk...unlike many wrestlers, who aren't especially bright and are flat broke within months of retirement (even if they made great money) Punk has made more money off his investments then he ever did in wrestling. He has real wealth and will have an extremely comfortable retirement. He doesn't need to wrestle into his 60s to pay the bills.

He is also smart enough to know that the earlier he gets out the better his health will be so that he can actually enjoy retirement.

So if he really doesn't like the direction of his character and career I could definitely see this as legit and not a work.

Well, here is the thing about Punk...unlike many wrestlers, who aren't especially bright and are flat broke within months of retirement (even if they made great money) Punk has made more money off his investments then he ever did in wrestling. He has real wealth and will have an extremely comfortable retirement. He doesn't need to wrestle into his 60s to pay the bills.

He is also smart enough to know that the earlier he gets out the better his health will be so that he can actually enjoy retirement.

So if he really doesn't like the direction of his character and career I could definitely see this as legit and not a work.

You'd think that professional WWE wrestlers would never end up broke? I know they can and do, but they must get paid an absolute packet during their time with the company.

And once they have retired you would of thought that they'd get money from royalties if they are featured in a game, or money from dvd's sold or any 'legend' merchandise they may sell (new Ultimate Warrior shirts now available.. etc )

Just confuses me how they can go broke when I'm sure they earn more in a year than I would in my lifetime (Haven't checked wages, just a finger in the air prediction)

You'd think that professional WWE wrestlers would never end up broke? I know they can and do, but they must get paid an absolute packet during their time with the company.

And once they have retired you would of thought that they'd get money from royalties if they are featured in a game, or money from dvd's sold or any 'legend' merchandise they may sell (new Ultimate Warrior shirts now available.. etc )

Just confuses me how they can go broke when I'm sure they earn more in a year than I would in my lifetime (Haven't checked wages, just a finger in the air prediction)

It's just like you see with a lot of other professional athletes. They blow all their money on expensive recreations, cars, houses, jewelry etc...They don't save. They make terrible investments. They lose a ton of money in divorces. They have massive medical bills post career and they no longer get insurance through their employer. Any insurance they can get is crazy expensive because of their medical history.

Professional wrestlers, American Football players and NBA players are notorious for having massive financial issues in retirement. Part of it is typical upbringings that provide them with no resources or knowledge on how to deal with or keep money. Part of it is their competitive nature and locker room culture (your teammate gets a Bentley so you have to get a Ferrari...etc.). A lot of them have hangers on that leech money off of them.

There is a really interesting 20 for 20 documentary that ESPN did about this subject that deals specifically with NFL players but you can apply a lot of what it talks about to athletes in a few other sports.

A great case for how wrestlers can go broke is Ric Flair. The man who spent what, thirty or forty years straight in the business, always at the top of the card (sixteen world titles), headlining shows for both WCW and WWF, even TNA.

That silly bastard is so broke it's depressing. His ex wives each get upwards of 30K a month in alimony. Imagine that, 30K in one month for doing nothing besides having taken old Nature Boy to bed a few times. Imagine being Ric and getting a hundred grand or two hundred for an appearance, and knowing more then half of that is going to your ex wives before you even get a piece of it.

Then there's Flair himself, who's wasted so much money over the years. His old school mentality that, if he's the champ or in the main event, he's gotta live it outside of the ring. Parties, limos, jets, all that shit was real to him and he admits to wasting thousands, possibly millions on that stupid shit.

Now he's a broken down old man who will do anything,

to make a buck.

If it is real then how come he has not come out and said A. That hes retiring or B. That hes now taking indie bookings?

I can't name drop, but after speaking to one of his inner circle guys, he's (Punk) not talking to anyone about the subject. Anything but wrestling is coming out of the guys mouth right now. He's still under contract, which is why he's not taking bookings, and he's not said anything about retirement because he's just not ready to. Right now he's sitting at home, waiting for them to fix whatever the hell was wrong.

It's just like you see with a lot of other professional athletes. They blow all their money on expensive recreations, cars, houses, jewelry etc...They don't save. They make terrible investments. They lose a ton of money in divorces. They have massive medical bills post career and they no longer get insurance through their employer. Any insurance they can get is crazy expensive because of their medical history.

Professional wrestlers, American Football players and NBA players are notorious for having massive financial issues in retirement. Part of it is typical upbringings that provide them with no resources or knowledge on how to deal with or keep money. Part of it is their competitive nature and locker room culture (your teammate gets a Bentley so you have to get a Ferrari...etc.). A lot of them have hangers on that leech money off of them.

There is a really interesting 20 for 20 documentary that ESPN did about this subject that deals specifically with NFL players but you can apply a lot of what it talks about to athletes in a few other sports.

Yeah makes sense. I guess exceptional circumstances retired players of sport will still go on to make money based off their name alone. Michael Jordon, George Foreman, etc etc... Endorsements and own brands based off their success.

Just would of pegged ex wrestlers to be in that bracket given that they always tend to get a recall or mention on occasion. Ric Flair still jobbing for WWE now and again etc...

But again yeah I understand what you guys mean about the locker mentality and the competitive edge they'll have even outside the ring.

Is Hogan close to broke? He had a tv show didn't he on MTV not long back? And isn't he or wasn't he in a creative position at TNA? I don't watch it, but just seen a story where his daughter is marrying one of the TNA roster.

Yeah makes sense. I guess exceptional circumstances retired players of sport will still go on to make money based off their name alone. Michael Jordon, George Foreman, etc etc... Endorsements and own brands based off their success.

Just would of pegged ex wrestlers to be in that bracket given that they always tend to get a recall or mention on occasion. Ric Flair still jobbing for WWE now and again etc...

But again yeah I understand what you guys mean about the locker mentality and the competitive edge they'll have even outside the ring.

Is Hogan close to broke? He had a tv show didn't he on MTV not long back? And isn't he or wasn't he in a creative position at TNA? I don't watch it, but just seen a story where his daughter is marrying one of the TNA roster.

Jordan is very intelligent and a savvy businessman. When he negotiated his contract with Nike he basically convinced them to create a separate company under the Nike umbrella for his products. With him holding substantial interest in that brand. He has made exponentially more off the brand then he ever did playing the game. He still makes crazy money off that brand. He is extremely wealthy despite a monstrous gambling addiction (six figure games of golf, million dollar blackjack hands...).

Very few athletes are able to do this. Some, like A-Rod, are savvy investors and make tons of money outside their salary that way. Some are responsible with their money and grow it with small yield investment. Others blow it all.

It's just interesting that a disproportionate number of the ones that blow it come from the NBA, NFL and combat sports. It seems to be somewhat of a function of background. Those sports tend to have a heavy number of athletes from lower class and even poverty backgrounds. The MLB, NHL and some of the major European Football leagues have less of a problem and many of those athletes come from the middle class or higher. All three of those also have systems in place that help educate players financially. The youth sports schools that many footballers come up in help prepare players. The North American hockey system puts players in the juniors and minors during their most immature and vulnerable years. And so they don't have the money to blow. A similar thing happens in the MLB, most players don't really start making money until their late 20s. They've also been weened on a minor league system that encourages fiscal responsibility.

Anyway, about Hogan...he was doing great financially because of his multifaceted career. Then they had the legal problems involved with his son's accident and his divorce. He isn't in great financial shape now. If he was I doubt he ever would have joined TNA.

Edited by bigbear.

Hogan left TNA at the end of last year. He had been 'working' for them since January 2010. In that time he did nothing for the company apart from financially cripple them.

His daughter, Brooke, worked for TNA for about two years and in the storyline married Bully Ray (WWEs Bubba Ray Dudley). She was released around September last year as she could not wrestle/act/cut a promo etc.

I fucking hate Hogan. He killed one wrestling company and put another on life support.

I fucking hate Hogan. He killed one wrestling company and put another on life support.

As true as that is and as much as I feel the same...We do have to be fair and acknowledge that wrestling may never have become as popular as it is now if not for him and the popularity explosion he helped drive in the 80s. At that point wrestling was still largely a regional thing in North America with a fair amount of success in Japan. I can't speak on Europe at that time period (you would be much more qualified to speak on that).

It would be fair to say that the WWE still exists today and is as successful as it is largely because of Hogan. It might never have survived the 80s if not for him. He is a large reason why it's the international success it is now.

Edited by bigbear.

As true as that is and as much as I feel the same...We do have to be fair and acknowledge that wrestling may never have become as popular as it is now if not for him and the popularity explosion he helped drive in the 80s. At that point wrestling was still largely a regional thing in North America with a fair amount of success in Japan. I can't speak on Europe at that time period (you would be much more qualified to speak on that).

It would be fair to say that the WWE still exists today and is as successful as it is largely because of Hogan. It might never have survived the 80s if not for him. He is a large reason why it's the international success it is now.

None of that excuses what's he's done to kill the wrestling business.

None of that excuses what's he's done to kill the wrestling business.

I didn't say it did. I'm just saying there may be no wrestling business today if it wasn't for him. It most certainly wouldn't be as big as it is.

I can't ever forgive Hogan for what happened to WCW (though he isn't the only one to blame). I truly loved that company and he ruined everything that was good about it.

However, I do acknowledge the role he played in allowing WCW to get the exposure it did (before he ever even joined the company). Do you honestly think Turner would have dedicated the resources or given it the prime television slots he did if the WWF hadn't boomed for his competitors? Hogan was largely responsible for that boom and it helped grow the entire industry.

WCW never would have been as big as it was without what Hogan was doing in the WWF. It would have remained as small regional promotions loosely aligned with each other. Other companies like ECW may never have popped up. The whole industry might have crumbled and been regulated out of business by the late 80s steroid scandal. As it was Congress couldn't do more then slap them on the wrist. The sport's popularity had become such that legislators risked career suicide if they did anything severe.

I hate Hogan and won't ever forgive him. But that hate and open acknowledgement of his importance to the sport are not mutually exclusive.