Another way to reset challeneges

Dr Merk

Hello everybody, I'm here today to explain an easy way to boost credits, however it can be punishable and result in your rank being reset so abuse at your own risk.

This method was preformed on a second account, with a free XBL subscription, I haven't done this on my main account because I'm aware that it can result in your rank being reset.

This method is best done with Firefight challenges, because they can be played solo and don't effect other players.

Find a challenge you want to boost, and legitimately obtain 95-99% of the challenges requirements. IE: If the challenge says obtain 100 kills, obtain 99.

After obtaining this amount, exit the gaming session.

Now research for a session that will allow you to finish the requirements.

Obtain the requirements needed to fulfill the challenge.

Now disconnect yourself from Xbox live, via removing an ethernet cord, or simply shutting down the modem.

Leave the match.

Re-establish your internet connection and sign back onto XBL

Rinse and repeat.

How is this "another" method? It's already well-known, if not the first discovered.

I know this is going off topic, but how many credits are awarded for an Onyx commendation?

First off, learn to search, if not Google.

It varies. One or two (maybe more?) give a few hundred, some are 2000, some are more.

Shit. I did this accidentally. I know you'll be like "how can you do all those steps accidentally?" but my connection has been TERRIBLE the last week or so. I was playing with a friend and 2 other randoms and it was the challenge where you had to get 15 kills or something with the Grenade Launcher, well I got about 3/4 done when I got lagged out of the game. So I went to do it myself on Score Attack, completed the challenge then BAM, disconnected from Xbox Live. I left the game thinking anything I do wouldn't count so there would be no point, then I realised I got the cR for finishing the challenge BUT the challenge hadn't been completed. Do you think I will get my rank reset? My connection has been a real problem lately so maybe if you do it once they will let you off? I don't want to be reset after the hours I've put in to getting up to Major :|

Shit. I did this accidentally. I know you'll be like "how can you do all those steps accidentally?" but my connection has been TERRIBLE the last week or so. I was playing with a friend and 2 other randoms and it was the challenge where you had to get 15 kills or something with the Grenade Launcher, well I got about 3/4 done when I got lagged out of the game. So I went to do it myself on Score Attack, completed the challenge then BAM, disconnected from Xbox Live. I left the game thinking anything I do wouldn't count so there would be no point, then I realised I got the cR for finishing the challenge BUT the challenge hadn't been completed. Do you think I will get my rank reset? My connection has been a real problem lately so maybe if you do it once they will let you off? I don't want to be reset after the hours I've put in to getting up to Major :|

I doubt it, that was a one time thing. IMO its the people who continuously do it for the big challenges like today's "Get 5 kills with the sword" challenge. Just get a better ISP or fix your router and you'll be fine

I dunno.. I would think your best bet would be to tell this story to Bungie, by messaging the staff. If it's only happened once, they'll be able to tell that, and if you tell this story after you've been reset, they'll laugh at you... it must be one of the most common excuses they get from cheaters.

Just ask them about it right now; there's a good chance they'll realize you want to be straightforward about it, and let you off with a warning.

In another Forum i saw that you can do this a couple of times and Bungie won't know but you need to know how many times because according to the guy, Bungie Bans people that have completed more than 4 challenges...

How? well if you complete it over and over again it stacks up on Bungie records but if you for example just do 1 of the 4 Challenges and repeat it 3 times it won't get you banned because according to the guy, the banhammer will see 4 completed challenges hence it believing you're not doing anything wrong.

Still, i won't try this is just an advice if someone wants to risk it.

What is with everyone's obsession with rank?

In Halo 3 people would literally BUY General accounts.

In CoD MW, WaW, and MW2 there has always been some gametype or lobby glitch people used to boost their rank.

In Gears 2 people would bitch if it WASN'T 4x EXP.

The rank is supposed to be a measure of how long you have been playing the game, and by association, how good you are. Stop giving me false pride beating Generals and 10th Prestige's silly when you didn't earn the rank anyway.

How is this "another" method? It's already well-known, if not the first discovered.

First off, learn to search, if not Google.

It varies. One or two (maybe more?) give a few hundred, some are 2000, some are more.

Exactly this has been posted before and I doubt anyone on here will be doing it because it's not worth the risk.