Preorders via Amazon

Muhnamana

So I was thinking about preordering Gears of War 3 via Amazon.

Question is, does the game ship on release date or does it ship a few days before release date?

I assume if I order via Amazon, the game wouldn't be delivered on release date instead it would be delivered X amount of days later, based on what shipping method you picked.

Am I correct on this?

If you pre-order you have the option of getting "Release Day Delivery" which will get the game to you on release day (so it would ship a day or two prior to release). I've done that for Brink, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Halo: Reach. They usually get it to me about 11:00 am on release day.

Edited by Turkeyshoot37
Clarification

If you pre-order you have the option of getting "Release Day Delivery" which will get the game to you on release day (so it would ship a day or two prior to release). I've done that for Brink, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Halo: Reach. They usually get it to me about 11:00 am on release day.

Interesting. I don't think I saw that option for Gears of War 3. I saw just about every other shipping option, next day, 2 day, etc.

The release date delivery option is free (when offered) to Amazon Prime members and a whole 99 cents to everybody else. I have had a game get to me a day late once and they refunded my 99 cents. Still better than dealing with the masses at Walmart or Gamestop or whatever imo. Oh and they don't offer the deal with any collectors editions that comes with stuff that doesn't fit in the game case.

Gears 3 is the first game in awhile that I didn't preorder through amazon. The gift cards and release day delivery beat the crap out of Gamestop's lame preorder bonuses. I actually used my $20 gift card from LANoire to get Crysis 2 for $15 (Daily deal was $35 on the game, minus another $20)

But the fact that there's some midnight launch exclusives means I just had to get it at Gamestop.