wat a waste of $

BruteCheiftain

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, you should have looked into it before buying it, graphics aren't that weak, the firefight outranks horde by miles and the campaign is really interesting, the whole idea of you being an ODST is that your not a super soldier so if sneaking about isn't to your liking then go play halo 3's campaign again.

Agreed, you should have looked into it before buying it, graphics aren't that weak, the firefight outranks horde by miles and the campaign is really interesting, the whole idea of you being an ODST is that your not a super soldier so if sneaking about isn't to your liking then go play halo 3's campaign again.

QFT.

I'm enjoying this game. And will continue enjoying to get 1k.

At first when flying through the campaign I was thinking the same thing but when you think it through the money value isn't too bad. Yeah the campaign can be beat in 2 hours but if you explore the city more then you can have a bit longer out of it. The 3 new maps are worth $10 and because it includes all 24 maps, if you haven't already bought them for Halo 3, could be worth $30. Also Firefight is a pretty awesome game to play with a group of good friends, and has lots of replay because of the 10 maps, different skulls, and the randomly generated enemies.

How can you make a sound judgment on the game when you have barely played it...

Agreed. It's better to at least beat a game's campaign mode and maybe try some multiplayer before you confirm your opinion on a game. At first I was like "okay, maybe I wasted some money" but as I got deeper into the game that opinion changed into "wow, I actually love this." I like it because it's not like the older games in the series where you are a borderline superhero. I like that you have to use stealth. And, Firefight is an amazing side mode, although it's not something original. But, unlike Horde, which TC compared it to, it is not where you know exactly what to expect after each wave. From what I've seen, the first and last waves of Firefight are predictable, but the middle ones are random. Good enough replay value for me.

the graphics r weak i must admit.. horde i mean firefighter same ol' boring stuff as gow2. campaign is quite boring jus a overall boring game. halo trying to cash out on this with not much put into it. should be 10 dollars or less.

You call this game a waste. I consider you to be wasting my oxygen right now, so stop using it please.

And DENAz666, the graphics aren't that bad, and they could EASILY be worse.

Children are never happy. Quit your bitching people.

well my comments about the game does not count because i barely played it. But honestly if you dont like halo then dont bother playing ODST. Its supposed to be like halo wars and tell the history of Halo and how it came about. But when you talk about a game expect people that Love the game and are addicted to it to be the ones that will point out that its a great game. IE.. Gamertags show Halo badges and stuff like that.

Just my thoughts.

I'm not a huge Halo fan. It was fun when I was in high school. Now, this one follows the action shooters with a more strategic type of game that's right up my alley.

You of course have to expect people who like the game to say that they like it. I don't know what you were shooting at with that statement, but it was wasted lettering.

Firefight mode alone, makes this hands down better than Halo 3. I've only just started the campaign, and it's already better than Halo 3. Halo 3 = most overrated game EVER.

Glad I picked this up. I may never 1000 it, but I really don't care. It's a blast to play Firefight with friends so that alone, makes it worth the $79.09... man that price is getting far too familiar. :p

I love Gears, but firefight has it beat...it is just way more fun...horde always seemed like a chore to me, but firefight is actually enjoyable

Campaign was good, anticlimactic, but good

dont know what that 2hrs nonsense was about with everybody, I went straight to the locations, took my time to kill all the enemies and it took me 6hrs....that was on normal....not anyones fault that you ran past all the enemies and didnt have a good time doing so...cause the point is to shoot them...of course its not going to be fun if youre just trying to run away from everything

have to go back do it on legendary, and also have to get 20 more audiotapes

Have yet to pop in the halo 3 multiplayer disk, but knowing all this I am glad I bought it

oh and I think the graphics are way better than halo 3s....I seemingly remember wanting to barf at the sight of Halo 3....with ODST I dont get that feeling...now obviously it could be better but its not atrocious as people make it out to be

the graphics r weak i must admit.. horde i mean firefighter same ol' boring stuff as gow2. campaign is quite boring jus a overall boring game. halo trying to cash out on this with not much put into it. should be 10 dollars or less.

For a start graphics arent everything, and i was playing the Halo 3 campaign recently, their way better than that and its running on the SAME engine so theyve actually done rather well. If you found horde boring then why did you ever bother playing Firefight? If you find the campaign boring then maybe your bored of the whole Halo story? im guessing that never occured to you. considering that Nathan Finnigan is in it aswell as the bird from Battlestar Galactica i dont see how they could have done that without a fair bit of money, so your point about not putting much into it is fairly invalid.

sounds to me like you were ready to hate this game before youd even played it, like a lot of people. and whats the point of creating a thread like this? this is nothing but an excuse to piss other people off and start arguments, get over it, trade it in, and move the fuck on.

You got to make sure you know what you are getting into. I knew very well and I love the game, you got to keep in mind the campaign is short because it is an EXPANSION, it is not a full game. I reckon it is full on worth the money if I had live, lol, but I don't so I thought I could have waited but I am not a person that likes to wait. I always Google and research on what gamees I want to get, don't you?

EDIT: To above poster, WIN.

I liked ODST, it was a fun and interesting game that I couldn't put down. I took my time, explored every inch of each section of the city, found the audio files and it took me around 7 hours to complete. I thought the story was more engaging than Halo 3, as KNIGHTOFSERA said it was a bit anticlimactic, but fun. I can't wait to try out the Halo Reach beta. I'm gonna try out firefight tomorrow when I get home.

I'm not saying O.D.S.T is bad, I actually enjoy it. The campaign feels no different to me this is because they just replaced shields with this whole idea of staminha. Weapon power hasn't changed (execpt the Pistol XD) because it wasn't supposed to. Firefight is good, but if you have friends like mine who won't buy it, then yu have no one to do firefight with. So I mean it's good, but I see where BruteCheiftain is coming from.