How long to get my xbox360 Back from repair?

ShaunMichael80

Microsoft's Repair Service is...  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Microsoft's Repair Service is...

• Amazingly quick
    • Good
    • Decent
    • Horrible

Was curious if i could get some various comments on your expierence with the repair service. With GTA on the books, i know there is others out there just like me that are screwed out of the biggest game to hit the 360.

How long did it take for you to get yours?

What is the fastest and easiest way to get your 360 back?

Does it matter if you have the Red Rings or Unplayable Disk Errors on the length of it getting fixed?

Did you have any issues regarding recieiving your Xbox 360 back?

Were there any hangups with Microsoft sending you your Shipping box?

Overall how would you rate the console you received back?

Was it Satisfactory or was it best to just buy another one?

Well.....the service they provided for me was quick no doubt. Got a refurbished xbox in about 5 days after I sent mine in. Only problem was that the one they sent sucked balls. The tray will not open unless it is horizontal with a game in it....if it does not have a game in it, you have to pry it open with a butter knife....it will not read discs unless you close it vertically and then lay it down horizontally.....it scratches discs if left vertical for too long....the lists goes on. I've had this shit xbox for months now because they said the warranty was up. So, I plan on buying an elite as soon as I save up enough money. The service M$ provides is OK if you mean how quick they send you another XBOX, but complete shit if you mean the quality of the box you recieve.

This is just my experience with them, I'm sure someone else has a story with a much happier ending. I clicked "good" in the poll simply because after figuring out how to operate the 360 they sent me, it works pretty good with no red lights or unreadable disc messages.

I just sent in my 3rd one, the first two took about 3 weeks each, and the systems they sent out were good, couldn't tell a difference.

Now for the third repair order, stuff didn't work out quite as well. They say to give the box 5-10 days to arrive, so after two weeks I called again saying I hadn't got it. They gave me a tracking number with UPS to check and told me to wait a little longer. Unfortunately the UPS website said they were notified and ready to ship, but I guess they never got the box cause it never changed to shipped.

So I called again a week later, and they said they had to cancel the order and make a new one. This time they shipped the box overnight with FedEx (and I did get it 2 days later) offered me a game (nothing but old crap, PGR3 or Viva Pinata) and a month of Live. I sent the system right back out and they received it in Texas the next morning. It's been about a week now and no other news other than they received it. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong cause a month is a long time... as long as it gets here before the 29th I'll be happy.

It's usually been a pretty smooth transaction, and this time they made things sorta right, but I don't have to pay to get it fixed so I can't complain... but two weeks wait is the norm. but it can be a month.

I would recommend buying a new elite if you can find or afford it because of the larger hard drive, cooler running processor and included HDMI port and cable. Especially if you have an older launch model, as they replace them with refurbished launch models and they die again a year later anyway.

Entire ordeal took me 15 days. I was amazed at how well the customer service was, on the phone and repair time/shipping time.

I live in Western Canada too, and I had to ship my xbox to like Toronto for repairs... took 15 days altogether. Most times if you live in Canada it could mean longer shipping times or shipping somewhere into the states.

So I chose Amazingly Quick.

they replace them with refurbished launch models and they die again a year later anyway.

With a greater than 16% failure rate, the replacements aren't even lasting that long. I'm on my 8th box and have totally given up on MS warranty system. Each time the replacements have been about 3-3.5 weeks. The problems have ranged from RRoD to drive problems(unplayable disk, disk tray not staying closed, etc.). The last few boxes that they have sent are having a shorter life span than the previous. The last box that they sent me crapped out 3weeks after receiving it. Disk drive AGAIN!! Unreadable disc. No matter what I put in. Called them and they said I was out of warranty - drive issues are only covered for a year. I was told that I could pay for the repair. I asked if I would get the same box back or would they just be sending the next refurbed unit off the shelf. They told me they weren't sure because it depended on the extent of repair and that they wanted to minimize down time. Forget it. I've already had enough of the refurbed crap. After studying some youtube clips I opened it up myself and have been happily playing for the last 3months issue free.;)

a friend of mine got the red ring. he called microsoft and they shipped him a coffin within 2 days and he got it back like 2 weeks later. but it got the red ring again after a few hours. so he called microsoft again sent him another box and said include the power brick. about 2 weeks later he got a refurbished one from microsoft. i honestly dont think his transaction with them went well. hopfully yours gos smother than his did.

mines broke on a friday sent it out on the monday and its suppoed to comke back tomorrow which is monday exactly 2 weeks so really good service i also marked my xbox with some writing so that i can check if it is mine they send back cos i really want a different one cos my old one kept on overheating

mines broke on a friday sent it out on the monday and its suppoed to comke back tomorrow which is monday exactly 2 weeks so really good service i also marked my xbox with some writing so that i can check if it is mine they send back cos i really want a different one cos my old one kept on overheating

You could have just copied down the Serial # and then checked that when you get it back. Not sure if u were aware that you could do it that way.

My 360 has already broken twice and I've had it less than a year. The first time I sent it in the service was surprisingly quick, and I got my Xbox back in a week and a half. The second time I sent my Xbox in I must've set some kind of record because it took an agonizing FIVE WEEKS for me to get my Xbox back. This occured over spring break, which contributed to me being just about bored out of my mind for a week. That experience is still fresh in my mind, and convinced me to vote horrible in the poll.

I am STILL waiting for the coffin to arrive for my third XBOX. I called in two weeks ago. I'm getting sick of having to wait for Microsoft's hardware to break down on me, then having to wait 4-6 weeks to get to play again. Like I said, I've had to send my XBOX in twice before. I even had to miss the launches of CoD4 and Halo 3 because of the RROD. Every time I've had to deal with customer support, I've had a problem. I don't want to receive a refurbished XBOX, I want a new one. Time after time, the problem occurs. I'm in Canada if this helps.

I am STILL waiting for the coffin to arrive for my third XBOX. I called in two weeks ago. I'm getting sick of having to wait for Microsoft's hardware to break down on me, then having to wait 4-6 weeks to get to play again. Like I said, I've had to send my XBOX in twice before. I even had to miss the launches of CoD4 and Halo 3 because of the RROD. Every time I've had to deal with customer support, I've had a problem. I don't want to receive a refurbished XBOX, I want a new one. Time after time, the problem occurs. I'm in Canada if this helps.

Y'know, sometimes I suspect it's all a marketing ploy to get us suckers to buy another 360 while our other one's getting fixed. I've actually read of users doing this simply to avoid the hassle of down time, lol.

Well I had a different thread about my issue but because it was just such a fun ordeal,YEAH RIGHT, i figured i would share it again. It took 3 weeks to get my third 360 back, when they promised it would be 2,would not have bothered me if they had not promised it would be there. Well when I got it back no power cord ,at this point rage took over, before I got 3 sentences out to the customer service rep he was interrupting me saying that he would have something free shipped to me. It is amazing how free stuff can make you feel better, anyway he was really cool and telling me how stupid it was 4 them not to send me a new power cord when they requested it. Long story short they sent me PGR3 Friday,i talked to them on Wednesday,now on Monday still no power cord. Please let it be in the mail today.