Black & White Skull Mini Safes with Unicorn powers?!

Dombine

So I've just been playing, wondering around, completing challenges. I fast travelled back to Concordia and noticed there's a Mini Safe right in front of me sitting on top of the Concordia sign, which is above the elevator opening.

I jump across, jump and boost up so I'm standing on the Concordia sign and I'm looking at this Mini Safe.

It's got black and white strips on the sides and a Skull and Crossbones on top. I open it to see a flash of red light and then on the left and right side of my screen I have red unicorns and things trickling down...

What's this in aid of? It doesn't last long.

Looks like the skull and crossbones on the Mechromancer's Anarchist Class Mod...

When opening it, it looks to me like the Mechromancer's skill Discord is being activated which would heal you...I opened it with full health so I don't know if it will actually heal you or not...

Inside it says: I SARAHS HANDS OFF (or KEEP OUT, don't remember)

So I've just been playing, wondering around, completing challenges. I fast travelled back to Concordia and noticed there's a Mini Safe right in front of me sitting on top of the Concordia sign, which is above the elevator opening.

I jump across, jump and boost up so I'm standing on the Concordia sign and I'm looking at this Mini Safe.

It's got black and white strips on the sides and a Skull and Crossbones on top. I open it to see a flash of red light and then on the left and right side of my screen I have red unicorns and things trickling down...

What's this in aid of? It doesn't last long.

I've had the same....think a good googling is in order

Okay, looks like it actually says Isaiahs...not I Sarahs like I originally thought...

Did a little test by blowing myself up with a grenade and almost died...went up to open the box and sure enough it healed me...it activates the Discord effect from Borderlands 2 which regenerates your health...

It completely refilled my health bar (slowly) and the unicorns and skulls graphic stayed on the sides of my screen the whole time...even after it finished...didn't go away until I dropped from the ledge...

Okay, looks like it actually says Isaiahs...not I Sarahs like I originally thought...

Did a little test by blowing myself up with a grenade and almost died...went up to open the box and sure enough it healed me...it activates the Discord effect from Borderlands 2 which regenerates your health...

It completely refilled my health bar (slowly) and the unicorns and skulls graphic stayed on the sides of my screen the whole time...even after it finished...didn't go away until I dropped from the ledge...

Oh well that's cool. Seems a bit odd though? Like I can't think on why they would do that? Unless they were just making a reference to previous characters.

I haven't finished the game yet as I'm playing it through with my brother. Are there other Mini Safes like this? Based on other characters?

• 1 month later...

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1278/personal-touches-in-borderlands-the-pre-sequel

I know this is an old thread, but I was very interested to read that this "safe" in question in this thread was put there by design by a kid from the Make a Wish Foundation. Follow the link to read more about that story and other personal additions to the game. Some are cool and I didn't notice while playing, and some I noticed and now know what they're referring to.

• 4 months later...
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1278/personal-touches-in-borderlands-the-pre-sequel

I know this is an old thread, but I was very interested to read that this "safe" in question in this thread was put there by design by a kid from the Make a Wish Foundation. Follow the link to read more about that story and other personal additions to the game. Some are cool and I didn't notice while playing, and some I noticed and now know what they're referring to.

This is awesome!! I love the little things like this. Nice one on finding this, and letting me know! :)