Keep Plot Point Questions

SpinelesS

Its been a while since I played Dragon Age and the laser on my 360 disc burned out so I can't refresh my knowledge that way, so I was wondering if someone could help me with a few of the plot points for my choices in http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki

Morrigan's Baby

What decided if the child was Human or Elder God? Is it simply a matter of romancing Morrigan and not performing the dark ritual that makes the child human?

Awakening

I don't remember much of this at all, Is it best to kill or allow the architect to live? and will saving both Amaranthine and the Keep kill off any companions? (I think there was a bug that killed everyone who stayed in keep, even if epilogue said you saved it)

Witch Hunt

Can't remember this at all, not even sure if I played this DLC or not. What is the "good" choice for the Eluvian? Trying to go through the Eluvian with Morrigan wants to change a bunch of options (like who I romanced, and Wynne's fate)

Legacy

Didn't play this, what is the "good" choice?

Yehven and Nathaniel

How come Nathaniel has to die if I save one of Yevhen's children? I don't exactly remember Nathaniel, but I don't see how these two events are connected...

Edited by SpinelesS

Morrigan's Baby

What decided if the child was Human or Elder God? Is it simply a matter of romancing Morrigan and not performing the dark ritual that makes the child human?

The child is human if either you romanced her and didn't perform the dark ritual, or told her you would but didn't bring her with you during the final battle.

Awakening

I don't remember much of this at all, Is it best to kill or allow the architect to live? and will saving both Amaranthine and the Keep kill off any companions? (I think there was a bug that killed everyone who stayed in keep, even if epilogue said you saved it)

Personally, I think it's best to let him live since he's trying to keep the darkspawn from beginning another blight. You only have his word on that though, so you could easily justify killing him.

As long as you have Nathaniel alive in the companion section everyone should be alive if you save both.

Legacy

Didn't play this, what is the "good" choice?

It's really ambiguous, as the game implies that, regardless of who you choose, the villain possesses them.

Yehven and Nathaniel

How come Nathaniel has to die if I save one of Yevhen's children? I don't exactly remember Nathaniel, but I don't see how these two events are connected...

Yehven's mission doesn't appear in DA II if you import a file where Nathaniel is alive. Instead, you get a different mission to play called Finding Nathaniel in which you... well, find Nathaniel.

Witch Hunt

Can't remember this at all, not even sure if I played this DLC or not. What is the "good" choice for the Eluvian? Trying to go through the Eluvian with Morrigan wants to change a bunch of options (like who I romanced, and Wynne's fate)

You can only go through if you romanced her, and if that's the case (which it sounds like it isn't) I'd go with her. Otherwise it's really a personal decision. Not going through the Eluvian is definitely the nicer choice, but a "good" character may not want to have an apostate with no morals go freely.

i will post my questions here instead of starting a new thread

i have played dragon age(but not the expansion) and i've played dragon age 2 but not the dlc's

it's been so long since i've played either that i honestly don't even really remember my decisions or why i made them(call it old age...lol)

the only thing i really remember is that i loved morrigan so i want to romance her

other than that, i want to set up my story with all the morally correct decisions

i like to play games as the good guy and i always try to make the "good" decisions whenever possible

i realize there are a ton of decisions to mess around with in the keep but i am looking for the best setup for a good guy that likes to do the right thing

i will post my questions here instead of starting a new thread

i have played dragon age(but not the expansion) and i've played dragon age 2 but not the dlc's

it's been so long since i've played either that i honestly don't even really remember my decisions or why i made them(call it old age...lol)

the only thing i really remember is that i loved morrigan so i want to romance her

other than that, i want to set up my story with all the morally correct decisions

i like to play games as the good guy and i always try to make the "good" decisions whenever possible

i realize there are a ton of decisions to mess around with in the keep but i am looking for the best setup for a good guy that likes to do the right thing

I always play as the completely morally good guy. Honestly, there's no issue figuring out what's right/wrong at all in each event.

I always play as the completely morally good guy. Honestly, there's no issue figuring out what's right/wrong at all in each event.

Hehe, funny, I always play a merc-type who's in it for money and ladies; I find it hard to make decisions often as the morally grey. Where's the fun in being polarized? :p

Hehe, funny, I always play a merc-type who's in it for money and ladies; I find it hard to make decisions often as the morally grey. Where's the fun in being polarized? :p

Well, I tend to make the good decisions too... as a main playthrough anyway. Call it a hangover from the Mass Effect series, where any "evil" decision would likely end up with a dead party member.

A second playthrough "throw away" I will make evil decisions to see how they played out and such.

Well, I tend to make the good decisions too... as a main playthrough anyway. Call it a hangover from the Mass Effect series, where any "evil" decision would likely end up with a dead party member.

A second playthrough "throw away" I will make evil decisions to see how they played out and such.

It's been awhile since I played the wonderful Mass Effect series to argue specifics, but I do know that even "evil" choices will almost always have a positive outcome if Renegade was used. If you just choose the bottom text without proper morality points, then yes people will die, but I believe the same could even happen if you choose the top decisions without Paragon.

Anyway, I'm preparing myself mentally for these Keep decisions. It's been about 4 years since I played Dragon Age and have forgotten a bit. I know my first character was a Dwarf Commoner Warrior who sacrificed himself, but can't even remember if I hardened Alistair or not, or had him rule alone or with Anora. Not to mention some of the other smaller choices here and there. My second character was a Human Noble Rogue who did the opposite and married Anora. Then I had a Female Elf Mage, who at that point I was so confident in the game I made choices without even thinking, so I barely remember that playthrough. The real problem lies in me not playing the second game, which I'll never do, so I'll be relying on the Keep narrative to guide to what appears to be good choices.

Does anyone know if the Keep will be available on the console itself, or will I have to do it on my computer? I haven't even started it yet, just looked over some articles on it.

Never played DA2 and "never will?" Dude, it's not a bad game. You're writing off strong BioWare narrative simply because... lackluster combat? That's really the only downside. Played through it twice and got 63/65 (damn crafting bullshit lol).

It's still fun. I have never understood the DA2 hate. ME3 was nothing compared to the first two, but I would never have considered myself a fan of Mass Effect had I not completed it fully at least once. Same goes for DA2.

Does anyone know if the Keep will be available on the console itself, or will I have to do it on my computer? I haven't even started it yet, just looked over some articles on it.

I believe you can only do it on the computer. Sounds like there's no interaction with it on a console except for downloading your world when you start the game.

It's letting me do the same now for some reason. Maybe it was a bug they fixed...

Glad it worked out for you. :)

Never played DA2 and "never will?" Dude, it's not a bad game. You're writing off strong BioWare narrative simply because... lackluster combat? That's really the only downside. Played through it twice and got 63/65 (damn crafting bullshit lol).

It's still fun. I have never understood the DA2 hate. ME3 was nothing compared to the first two, but I would never have considered myself a fan of Mass Effect had I not completed it fully at least once. Same goes for DA2.

I've taken chances on plenty of games with lackluster combat and was pleasantly surprised because it had a great story. I'm sure Dragon Age 2 isn't that bad, but it goes back to a more personal grudge with the game which I won't get in to. Thanks to The Keep, I have learned the story and am now taking some time to read up on Tapestry choices on the Wikia. Shoot I had to pop DA1 in to refresh my memory a bit.

I hated ME3 at first, but the Citadel DLC(a year later) was a MUST play for me(Wrex!!!), then I went ahead and beat it again with the improved ending and extra dialogue added when conversing with the AI. I decided it was worth playing the Leviathan DLC at that point and finally, all questions I had were answered. Of course I had to wait AND pay extra, but my love of the series(played ME1 12 times and ME2 9 times! lol) quelled my frustration. If Inquisition is as good as I hope, maybe I will go back and play DA2.

I believe you can only do it on the computer. Sounds like there's no interaction with it on a console except for downloading your world when you start the game.

Yep I went ahead and started the Keep without confirming this. I'm glad I did because it's a very nice app.

It's letting me do the same now for some reason. Maybe it was a bug they fixed...

The character I'm using is my "good" Dwarf Commoner and it allowed me to marry and rule with Anora, even though there was absolutely no chance of that in the game as she would not marry a dwarf. I still went with him sacrificing himself, but I figured I would test out to see how thorough The Keep is. They've obviously allowed some changes to be made, or they just missed that.

Has anyone tried Killing off Leliana or any of the other returning characters and seeing how different the game is?

wtf, you can kill Leliana in Origins? I had no idea. Both Origins and DA2 I had everyone survive, so I guess there are no replacements, but I would assume they just throw in an NPC with a generic background and have them say almost all the same lines. Would be interesting to see, though...

Anyone have Varric keep the shard of Red Lyrium? Just wondering if he would be a little crazy now, or if the mission to destroy red lyrium nodes would be different or not.

Also if I change my keep and upload a new world state, it wont effect my other game will it? (already a little bored of warrior, thought I would try something different)

Edited by SpinelesS

Anyone have Varric keep the shard of Red Lyrium? Just wondering if he would be a little crazy now, or if the mission to destroy red lyrium nodes would be different or not.

Hell no. I love Varric, and would never endanger my bestie. He and I have never been apart for DA2 or DA:I, lol.

Also if I change my keep and upload a new world state, it wont effect my other game will it? (already a little bored of warrior, thought I would try something different)

Nope. Not at all. When you upload a custom world state from the Keep, that is the only time it is ever accessed, and it will never be used again unless you choose to upload it to a new save. You can have as many save states as you like, and they will never affect eachother. Save games are as separate as church and state (wait... those are separate... right? ;)).

Hell no. I love Varric, and would never endanger my bestie. He and I have never been apart for DA2 or DA:I, lol.
If you like him so much, why don't you trust him?

He commissioned four lead safes nestled inside one another to contain the red lyrium. He only lets people study it once a week for only an hour each time. He hoped to use it to find a way to cure his brother, but hasn't made any progress.

In other words, he's a big boy and knows how dangerous it is.

Edited by The Huntsman

If you like him so much, why don't you trust him?

He commissioned four lead safes nestled inside one another to contain the red lyrium. He only lets people study it once a week for only an hour each time. He hoped to use it to find a way to cure his brother, but hasn't made any progress.

In other words, he's a big boy and knows how dangerous it is.

Created a world where he kept it, but I killed off his brother so it may be slightly different. Also Killed off Leliana :p (and made a bunch of other horrible things happen)

Will be interesting to see how much changes at the start, though when you ask her about the Hero of Ferelden she say's that they struck her down...

EDIT: Boo, leliana is still alive even though I killed her, though when you ask her about the Hero of Ferelden she does say they struck her down.

Edited by SpinelesS