Saints Row 4 Potentially Releasing This August

Doctor Gordon

Saints Row 4 could be headed to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this August, rather than on the next-generation consoles expected to launch this fall. Publisher Deep Silver, who picked up the property following the dissolution of THQ, has yet to confirm any details.

However, Chris Stockman, design director on the original Saints Row, tweeted to IGN that "the word around the campfire is SR4 is shipping on current gen consoles in late August." IGN inquired with Deep Silver, who stated it's "still working on [timing] with Volition," and that it hasn't "announced platforms yet."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/saints-row-4-could-come-as-soon-as-august

The release date means nothing.

Saints Row 2 has been released in 2008 (October).

Saints Row 3 has been released in 2011 (November).

25 months between the two episodes.

It Saints Row 4 is released in 2013 (August), it'll make 21 months between the two episodes.

So it's pratically the same amount of time. And between Saints Row and Saints Row 2 : 26 months.

It's normal that each version take a little less time, as you can always reuse the tools you used for the previous version.

The time of developpement also mean nothing about the quality of the game, GTA IV took a few years and for me, the game is rather bad (compared to the old ones).

• 2 weeks later...
Er didn't THQ go out of business? or isnt it at least under completely new management? I get the feeling that things are a little shaky over there.

The Koch Media Group, the parent company of f.ex. Deep Silver, bought up all rights to Saint's Row. Volition will be releasing the game through them.

I hope it will be much longer game then Saints row The third.

Definitely, SR3 was way too short, especially compared to SR2 (didn't play SR1 so I can't comment).

I also hope they don't force us to do Activities as story missions again, that was probably the worst possible way to add length to the game. They are side missions for a reason.