WH40K:SM Achievement Guide (updating)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but

Multi-kill -- 2 enemies with 1 Stalker-Pattern bolter shot.

You aquire the Stalker-pattern Bolter during Chapter 2. Your best bet is to line up a double headshot with the Stalker. The easiest way to do this would be to activate Marksman Fury for the slo-mo effect, then line up the shot.

I found alot easier way to go this, Shoot a Squig with the Stalker when its near another Enemy or another Squig, thats how i got this achievement

Alot easier that lining up a double headshot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone problems getting the Glorious Slaughter achievement? I already have killed more than a thousand enemies

Yeah man this one took a fair while to pop up playing normally on Normal difficulty.

To give you an idea I got it just after

Successis Measurred in Blood - Kill 500 enemies using melee weapons

and just before

The Bigger They Are... - Kill 25 Ork Nobs

I played hack and slashing mostly, but also used the gun a fair bit because I unlocked those 3 and these 2:

Put Them Down - 100 Headshots

Angel of Death - 500 Ranged Kills

in a very close period of time.

Hope that helps :)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but

Multi-kill -- 2 enemies with 1 Stalker-Pattern bolter shot.

You aquire the Stalker-pattern Bolter during Chapter 2. Your best bet is to line up a double headshot with the Stalker. The easiest way to do this would be to activate Marksman Fury for the slo-mo effect, then line up the shot.

I found alot easier way to go this, Shoot a Squig with the Stalker when its near another Enemy or another Squig, thats how i got this achievement

Alot easier that lining up a double headshot

Another variation I used was firing 2 shots into the body of a group of charging orks. As one bullet penetrates through to the second victim, just a matter of taking time to make sure you shoot a few orks so they're all 'one shot', say shoot a group of 5 so they're one shot, then when 2 are lined up, BAM!

Edited by Shinobi273

The Emperor's Marksman 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Kill 10 enemies in a row in a single Ranged Fury activation.

Chapter 9 was a terrible place for this, the only wave of decent size I got was the first one, which you need to use to build your fury meter, after that they never came in enough numbers.

An infinitely better place for this is Chapter 10 "House of Secrets" Last checkpoint, You start in a room that holds a melta gun and a purity seal for Supreme Fury. when you take that seal it fills up your fury meter ready.

Go out the door and into the center by the power core and wait for the gretchin to arrive. Activate it there and you have about 20 gretchin on one side plus at least a dozen Orks on the other. Very easy, very fast.

Edited by Grummy

Yeah man this one took a fair while to pop up playing normally on Normal difficulty.

To give you an idea I got it just after

Successis Measurred in Blood - Kill 500 enemies using melee weapons

and just before

The Bigger They Are... - Kill 25 Ork Nobs

I played hack and slashing mostly, but also used the gun a fair bit because I unlocked those 3 and these 2:

Put Them Down - 100 Headshots

Angel of Death - 500 Ranged Kills

in a very close period of time.

Hope that helps :)

Well, waddayaknow. Just killed my 25th Nob with an execution and I got "The bigger they are.." and "Glorious slaughter":woop:

Must be coincidence of course but I'm already at chapter 8 so you'd expect to get that Glorious Slaughter far earlier in the game because I use melee quite often. Ah well, at least I got it!

Well, waddayaknow. Just killed my 25th Nob with an execution and I got "The bigger they are.." and "Glorious slaughter":woop:

Must be coincidence

But are they 'coincidences' or something else entirely....;)

Glad to hear someone else unlocked in a similar, if not the same order.

Edited by meltinzone

Mine did it exactly the same way.

Also for Shock And Awe

I got it easily by activating Fury then Charging. It seems to make it a 1 hit

kill on regular orks and it really expands the area of effect

I found activating fury and then charging at them also helped. I used it to charge the shit outta the smaller orks, I found chapter 2 where they all come out at you before you enter the bunker and then chapter 3 where you have to protect the guy while he pushes the bomb. This spot is perfect for all kinds of orks!

For Brute Force Unleashed I was able to get it simply by loading up the last part of the chapter 6 and finishing it. I didn't have to play through the entire chapter at all. The power axe and launcher were through 2 doors and there are no enemies to fight to get to them.

I've already done the other three weapon-specific achievements so I don't know if that method works for them as well.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1088/UPlQIXg=.jpgMaster of Sword and Gun 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete a Chapter of the single-player campaign using only the Bolt Pistol and Chainsword

The Chainsword is aquired on Chapter 2, after it starts. You must complete an entire chapter firing only the Bolt Pistol and swinging the Chainsword. It's also worth noting that the Plasma Pistol you gain in Chapter 6 is a permenant swap. Unless you do not take the plasma pistol, you can only get this achievement on Chapters 2, 3, and 5.

USING GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.

This should be possible on Chapter 2, so long as you do not use melee before you get the chainsword, and is impossible on Chapter 4 as you must use a Plasma Cannon on that mission.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1088/UPruzLk=.jpgBurn Them All 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete a Chapter of the single-player campaign using only Plasma weapons.

The Plasma Pistol is obtained in the manufatorum, during Chapter 6. The Plasma Gun can be found during chapter 12. This achievement can be gained as early as Chapter 7, provided you do not use any weapons other than the pistol. Chapter 10 is a good Chapter to attempt this, as your primary enemies are turrets. There are, at most, 15 to 20 Orks on the mission, and plenty of cover when dealing with the turrets.

USING MELEE, EXECUTIONS, OR GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1088/UPjPxQw=.jpgBrute Force...Unleashed 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete a Chapter of the single-player game using only the Vengeance Launcher and Power Axe.

The Vengance Launcher is obtained in Chapter 3 and the Power Axe is obtained at the end of Chapter 5. You must complete an entire chapter firing only the Vengeance Launcher and swinging only the Power Axe.

THROWING GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1088/UPkvPZ8=.jpgFinesse and Fury 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete a Chapter of the single-player game using only Stalker-Pattern Bolter and Chainsword.

The Stalker-Pattern Bolter and the Chainsword are both obtained in Chapter 2. You must complete an entire Chapter firing only the Stalker and swinging only the Chainsword. A good place to attempt this would probably be during Chapter 3, as there are many groups of Shoota Boyz that attempt to engage you from above on catwalks.

THROWING GRENADES WILL VOID THIS ACHIEVEMENT.

Just to let you know that for those 4 achievements you do not have to play through the entire chapter.I was able to get all 4 by loading up the last checkpoint in various chapters and playing through to the beginning of the next chapter

Master of sword and gun - Last checkpoint of chapter 2 works for this

Burn them all - Last checkpoint of chapter 6.Use charged plasma pistol shots on the nobs and activate the console and power source as soon as you are prompted to otherwise there's a non-stop stream of bad guys

Brute force unleashed - Again the last checkpoint of chapter 6 works here.Just remember to pick up the vengeance launcher and power axe from the weapons cache before moving on

Finesse and fury - Last checkpoint of chapter 3.Make sure to pick up the stalker bolter from the cache before continuing.Note that unlike the other 3 the achievement here will not pop immediately after the cutscene so walk forward until chapter 4 begins and it should pop

All 4 achievements can be gotten on easy mode too

For Brute Force Unleashed I was able to get it simply by loading up the last part of the chapter 6 and finishing it. I didn't have to play through the entire chapter at all. The power axe and launcher were through 2 doors and there are no enemies to fight to get to them.

I've already done the other three weapon-specific achievements so I don't know if that method works for them as well.

Yup I can confirm that method works for all 4 achievements.I've listed above where I got them

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1088/-JunGg==.jpgShock & Awe 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Kill 150 enemies using the Charge attack.

Charge Attacks are when you sprint by clicking the Left Thumbstick, then pressing X to perform a melee attack as you sprint. Charging orks like this twice will kill them, but a couple melee attacks or shot from a pistol or bolter before the charge should help make the charge attack a one hit kill.

I found that the best place for this is Chapter 13.

When you get to the point where you encounter a floating enemy that spawns a portal in front of a door. The portal will keep spawning weak soldiers as long as the floating enemy is kept alive. The soldiers will die with one Charge attack. You can keep charging enemies as they keep spawning and you can easily get this achievement in 10 minutes.

Prompt please if to use execution or other kinds of not the weapon kills, it will avoid achievement? its about "Master of Sword and Gun". I have passed two chapters, but haven't received achievement though except this weapon was nothing and even didn't take frags noting. Actively used execution and Charge attack.

Edited by GERASIM1000

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, life goes on even when you have stuff you like to get done....in this instance I got stuck in the warp for a while :p

MetalDooley, thanks for those tips. I'll put them into the main post now.

I'll also try to start working on the roadmap tonight when I get the chance.

Updating updating and updating. Finally put a road map in, still need a rough estimate of time necessary to complete this 1000 though, if anyone has an idea.

Edited by Shinobi273

• 2 weeks later...
Just beat the game on hard but, did chapter select.... Damnit

I know your pain....I did the same thing to re-start a chapter on hard to do the achievement for using Plasma weapons only. I thought the game had glitched on me until others here told me what happened. I'm sorry you didn't see the note to not use chapter select sooner...:(