Please Help with Dark City run

bluee1234

What's up everybody, I really need help with the Dark City run. The trouble I am having, Is the infamous scoreboard ramp part. I've tried many different ways to do the jump but I can't Get any of them off even once.

The methods that I have been trying are,

-Starting at the checkpoint then hitting the gas normal,then releasing the gas once I hit the jump,then right b4 I land I shift my weight back then forward upon landing-hitting the gas once again/ I've also tried a similar approach where instead of letting go of the gas upon jump I keep the bike accelerated ,but that seems to always result in too much bounce.

The other method I've been trying is,

-Reversing as far back as possible-hit the gas- do bunny hop off of jump,while still holding onto gas, then land in between both ramps and slowly push foward with gas , but bounce off in process.

I don't really have any trouble with the other parts of the level so any help/advice/trick for this one part on the level would be amazing and greatly appreciated. What seems to be happinging alot is either I roll back down too quickly even tho I am pushing foward and hitting the gas or I bounce off.

,Really because I was under the impression someone could do it for me.

Sarcasm will get you far, like i said though it's kinda hard for someone to tell you how do a jump, its supposedly the hardest part of the track but i never even knew was the scoreboard was until i replayed it after reading that in another thread.

I literally don't know how to put into words how i get over it, it just comes naturally

Try to hit the incline with your back tire first, then hold down right and feather the gas. Once you got grip, you'll have to jump up to the second incline. You don't really have to bunny hop. Don't hit the gas too hard. Try to slowly gain speed, then let the analog stick go just before your front tire hits the upper incline and immediately hold down right again. Do the same to get over the scoreboard and you got it.

Since I'm not that good at explaining things, I would also recommend you to watch some replay videos. Maybe not the ones on top of the leaderboards. Try one with some faults, those replays are easier to reconstruct/understand.

One last tip: If it's not working the way you are doing it, try something different. ;)

That part took me a million tries it felt like. I finally got over it doing something like this:

"Reversing as far back as possible-hit the gas- do bunny hop off of jump,while still holding onto gas, then land in between both ramps and slowly push foward with gas, but bounce off in process."

I had much better success with that kind of technique.

This works nearly every time;

back up as far as you can, gun it, do a frontflip, you will land on the 2nd ramp the majority of the time plus get enough bounce to get your tires over the scoreboard, but if you don't get any bounce after your flip, feather your gas because you will still be on the 2nd ramp, and just bunny hop over.

hope that helps.

back up as far as you can, gun it, do a frontflip, you will land on the 2nd ramp the majority of the time plus get enough bounce to get your tires over the scoreboard, but if you don't get any bounce after your flip, feather your gas because you will still be on the 2nd ramp, and just bunny hop over.

hope that helps.

Nice. I'll have to try that too, see if I can improve my 4000 faults. haha

hope that helps.

This worked perfectly for me, thank you. :)

Nice. I'll have to try that too, see if I can improve my 4000 faults. haha

Lol I got 15 faults. Now I got gold on every Extreme except for dang Way of the Ninja.

That frontflip method worked, but you don't actually don't have to do a flip, just do the lean and back method then bunny hop if you back up far enough.

Edited by i got squeezed