"The big one" achievement help please?

Frozen x360a

"Meet the contract requirements of a Championship leading team"

I've won 3 constructors and drivers championships already. I've accepted offers from both McLaren and Red Bull, how do you get this achievement?

Thanks.

Edited by Frozen x360a

In order to get this achievement you need to get a contract from the team that is leading the constructors championship (if your team is leading the championship you won't be able to get it).

Best way to get this is to go to one of the lower end cars (Lotus, Virgin, HRT, your teammate will never score any points). Choose rival from the team that is leading the constructors championship, beat him, and you'll get the contract and the achievement.

Don't crash yourself out, turn damage off and spin out your teammate ;)

Maybe spin out some other cars as well, so your rival team finishes in 2nd/3rd positions. You get 25 points for the win, your teammate gets none, the other team gets 33 points, so you'll still lead the driver's championship but the other team will get closer and eventually take the lead in the constructors championship.

Sounds like cheating, I know, but is the most guaranteed way of doing it.

I remember doing this when I was at Williams, I didn't have to spin out my teammate since he never scored any points, but I'd always spin out other cars so the 2 McLaren drivers would finish in 2nd/3rd positions.

• 1 month later...
In order to get this achievement you need to get a contract from the team that is leading the constructors championship (if your team is leading the championship you won't be able to get it).

Best way to get this is to go to one of the lower end cars (Lotus, Virgin, HRT, your teammate will never score any points). Choose rival from the team that is leading the constructors championship, beat him, and you'll get the contract and the achievement.

Actually that is the "Hot Property" achievement you speak of....

To get "The Big One" you need to be leading the Constructors Championship (or be in the top 3 atleast) and it should unlock after you have enough points to win the World Championship.

• 1 year later...