[SPOILERS] Ending Discussion

CrimsonGhost

Cut off Lee's arm.

Reacted violently with Kenny.

Kenny sacrificed himself to save Ben.

Didn't kill the stranger (though I tried). Clem shot him.

Made sure Lee didn't turn and had Clem shoot him.

Cried.

The thing at the end is neither choice really seems right. You either have Clementine shoot her best friend to prevent him from turning or leave Lee to die and become a walker. I decided to go with the former option for several reasons:

1) In my original playthough I played Lee as if he were me and what choices I would make in such a situation. If I were bit and moments from death, I'd rather be shot in the head to prevent reanimation.

2) I care about Lee and didn't want him to turn.

3) Clementine is entering a violent and horrible world all by herself and may need to be prepared for unspeakable horrors. That includes shooting those that she loves.

4) I feel like if Clem didn't shoot Lee the thought of him being back there, chained to a radiator as a walker, would linger in the back of her mind forever. At least this way she knows what happened. Lee is gone and he won't be coming back.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the ending, and to be honest I would rather the second season not even focus on Clementine. She is lost at the end, finds two people off in the distance who find her, and the rest is left up to the player to think over. Good way to end it, sort of like the movie Inception. I would however like to see maybe a better choice of endings? All the choices no matter what seem to lead to the same conclusion with clementine, but it would be nice to have some different endings like Heavy Rain. Cant wait to see how these choices effect the new season, the stranger in this last chapter really caught me by surprise.

Edited by Schism

• 2 weeks later...

My ending also had Clem in the field looking out into the distance at two figures who turned to spot her. I told Omid and Christa to look for us as soon as they got down from the building, and I told all of them to keep to the country side and stay out of the cities.

A-jtmhRCIAE1gys.jpg:large

A-jtrHRCMAA1xq1.jpg:large

Fantastic story, even if your choices didn't mean fuck all at the end, despite the whole advertising that your choice matters. It would've been awesome if the game let me leave with Lilly and take us to a whole new setting and entirely different ending.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, that story was just a masterpiece. Hardly any game/movie/book/whatever has ever gotten to me so emotionally.

Pretty disapointed that Kenny sacrificed himself for actually nothing, Ben was going to die anyway, shoot him in the head and let's get the fuck out of her.

On one hand it sucks that, no matter what you did, the ending is the same. But on the other hand, if they were many different endings, there would be no real ending for this story and it wouldn't be as intense as it had been.

Hopefully the two people in the distance are Omid and Krista.

Can't wait for Season 2.

Edited by Warpath Lord

Did anyone here not take supplies from the station wagon? I'm really wondering if that has a significant effect on who the stranger is or if there's a stranger at all.

This is the main problem I have with the story. Leading up to the reveal, I was very intrigued to find out who the person on the other end of the walkie talkie was. It was a disappointment to find out it was the guy who's car my friends had stolen from.

First of all, I didn't take any of the supplies.

Second, how was this guy doing so well? He made his way to Savannah just as fast (if not faster) than my group and we took a damn TRAIN. It seams as though he made it there first because he is already well acquainted with the purpose of the bells and knows how to quickly move about the city.

Third, how did he get a walkie talkie with which to communicate with Clem? This may just be my ignorance about walkie talkies. Do you need a matching one or can you buy them separately and tune them to the same frequency?

:confused:I am able to accept the occurrence of the zombie apocalypse over how fast this guy made it to Savannah.:confused:

Edited by herbortamus

I did not cut Lee's arm off. I just knew Lee wasn't going to make it out of the story (no, I did not know how the end would go), so I figured it'd be a little easier with two hands. :D

I dunno if this happens in the version where you do cut it off, but Lee will have occasional blackouts. One while climbing the ladder with Kenny and almost falling.

I sent Lee across the sign first and when he goes into zombie-chopping mode, with the bitten arm he picks up a broken shard of glass as his second weapon (although Lee performs no double-kills, unfortunately). He even looks at the bite on his wrist and squeezes the glass shard in anger until it cuts his hand.

In my version of the game, Clem shoots and kills the stranger after Lee has a scuffle with him. I was pretty shocked by that, considering that makes sweet little Clementine a murderer.

He has another blackout with Clementine when she sees her folks in the horde they're trying to sneak through and Clem somehow gets him into the room where the game ends. I dunno if this happens differently if you cut off Lee's arm.

And I think what's happening with Clem after the credits is that she is totally uncertain as to whether or not she should go check out the people on the hill. It's the total inner conflict of deciding whether or not to reach out to the figures as they could be friends, enemies or walkers...

It reminds me a greatly of the decision The Boy has to make at the end of The Road.

Id like to play as Molly. She kicks major ass. Would make the action scenes more exciting.

As far as the ending goes. Im wondering if the people in the field could be different depending on where you told Crysta and Omid to go. If you told them to go to the train it might not be them. Cant remember the other options but maybe one of them makes them show up in the field. Either way I dont think it would bad. That would seriously piss off alot of gamers for something to happen to her even with as cruel and honestly real The Walking Dead is.

I did not cut Lee's arm off. I just knew Lee wasn't going to make it out of the story (no, I did not know how the end would go), so I figured it'd be a little easier with two hands. :D

I dunno if this happens in the version where you do cut it off, but Lee will have occasional blackouts. One while climbing the ladder with Kenny and almost falling.

I sent Lee across the sign first and when he goes into zombie-chopping mode, with the bitten arm he picks up a broken shard of glass as his second weapon (although Lee performs no double-kills, unfortunately). He even looks at the bite on his wrist and squeezes the glass shard in anger until it cuts his hand.

In my version of the game, Clem shoots and kills the stranger after Lee has a scuffle with him. I was pretty shocked by that, considering that makes sweet little Clementine a murderer.

He has another blackout with Clementine when she sees her folks in the horde they're trying to sneak through and Clem somehow gets him into the room where the game ends. I dunno if this happens differently if you cut off Lee's arm.

And I think what's happening with Clem after the credits is that she is totally uncertain as to whether or not she should go check out the people on the hill. It's the total inner conflict of deciding whether or not to reach out to the figures as they could be friends, enemies or walkers...

It reminds me a greatly of the decision The Boy has to make at the end of The Road.

I cut his arm off.

He only had one blackout and that was when Clem took you to where the game ends.

Does anyone else think at the end cutscene, Clementine is back at Hershel's farm and is watching the fight between Rick and Shane?

I like that idea, much how Glen was in episode 1 it would be really cool if the TV series would/could give a nod to the game, maybe mention Crawford, or have Lilly cameo.

I couldn't really see myself what the two characters in the distance were doing (bad eyesight and all) so can't decide if Clem was scared of something or she was internally scared/debating about whether to call out or not, casue once that bridge is crossed and she's attracted their attention, there's no going back.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, too bad Molly was gone so quick. Hope she comes back.

But sh*t, I completely missed that ending. When the credits started, I went back to the menu. Never realized there was a clip at the end with Clem. After reading this thread I looked it up on youtube, and the tears in my eyes came back. Hope she's ok, that little cool girl.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, too bad Molly was gone so quick. Hope she comes back.

But sh*t, I completely missed that ending. When the credits started, I went back to the menu. Never realized there was a clip at the end with Clem. After reading this thread I looked it up on youtube, and the tears in my eyes came back. Hope she's ok, that little cool girl.

And that is why, in this day and age, I always sit through any movie or game's credits. I just assume that there will be a little extra tacked on at the end. And I gotta say, when there isn't anything, I'm a little :(.

• 6 months later...
Does anyone else think at the end cutscene, Clementine is back at Hershel's farm and is watching the fight between Rick and Shane?

Thank you! I thought it was Rick and Shane too but didn't see anyone else talk about this. Clem has a worried look on her face...not sure she would look that way if she knew it was Omid and Christa. I think it's too obvious to have the people be Omid and Christa...if that was the intent, there's no reason to obscure their images.

I was trying to find a clip to post from the TV show that would show the similarities...but it seems hopeless. I do remember they showed Shane and Rick walking on a hill in silhouette though it was more nighttime than what Clem experienced (dusk). But I still feel this is a more intriguing and plausible ending. Sure, we had Hershel and Glenn to tie in the TV show, but the whole point of post-credit scenes is to lead into a tie-in or sequel of sorts. To know that Clem could have joined the TV show's crew but decided to run off instead after watching Rick kill Shane would be dynamic!

• 2 weeks later...