What type of gamer are you?

Santa

To the guys who said they were "PRO" gamers, what exactly qualifies you as such? Are you actually in MLG or do you just say you're pro? I don't quite understand.

Anyway, I'm uh.. a recreational underground gamer. :p

I play games for fun with my buddies or by myself. I've been invited to clans and such, but that's way too much work for me. I just wanna have fun when I'm not at work. Clans feel like work, so.. no thanks.

Can't speak for the other guy, but when I said it I mean I get paid and sponsored.

• 1 month later...

Well, lately I've been a hardcore gamer. On to beating my 4th game and the second week has just begun. I'm sure that will slow down once I start my summer job and once the weather turns nice - the girlfriends going to want me to actually... go outside.

I think this thread needs to be locked and re-posted with more specifics to be honest. Too many vague definitions of what 'type' of gamer everyone is. I assumed the TS meant what setting you have under your Live account?

In which case, I classified myself as a 'Recreational' gamer. To answer M to the C's question: Yes, I think everyone's played with some asshat on Live that's sworn during a match (I've done it myself but only when teaming with folks I know that are fellow adults and can handle the odd F-bomb or S-bomb) but never around strangers as you never know what the age demographic is when gaming.

But I've never called out a racial slur on Live just like I wouldn't in the 'real world'. I don't tolerate ignorance like that, sorry and it's a quick way to ensuring you'll get reported by me if I ever hear someone doing that on Live. I don't pay $50 a year to have myself being called racial names or hearing anyone else getting treated that way, period.

My 2 cents.

I am in the underground.

I would call myself a chilled, yet obsessive gamer.

Obsessive with achievements and gamerscore and leaderboards.

I would also consider myself chilled/relaxed. I don't care if i am at the top of a leaderboard, but i still pay attention to where i'm at. I also enjoy very much gaming under the influence.

That's me.