20% of Players Will See the Last Level

iBuzz7S

Hitman: Absolution director Tore Blystad has told OPM that, “20 per cent of the players will see the last level of the game. It’s horrible to know. It makes the people working on it really really sad.”

The surprising number was revealed while discussing the use of metrics to record player behaviour. “We are using metrics a lot more now than we did, for good and for bad,” explains Blystad. “The general player will probably never even finish the game, which is very sad. Or they might only play through it once, but the game is built for the people who want to go back through every single level and get all the stuff out of it. It’s built to last, rather than be a one-off experience.”

When I asked him about what makes a good or a bad metric, he replied: “Knowing that 20% of the players will see the last level of the game. It’s horrible to know. It makes the people working on it really really sad.” Why does he think the completion rate is so low? “I guess people can’t commit to taking all those hours to finish one product, they get tired of it. It’s not just for this game, it’s for any game.”

Oh yeah? Well.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro0yZyVR0Qk]Barney - Challenge Accepted - YouTube[/ame]

I can see myself completing the game from start to finish. I did enjoy Blood Money and the previous Hitman titles, so this one will be a good challenge.

Source: OPM

That's bs, hitman series has always been about replay ability.

Well he did say, and I quote:

Or they might only play through it once, but the game is built for the people who want to go back through every single level and get all the stuff out of it. It’s built to last, rather than be a one-off experience.”

That clearly says there is replay value, but there are people who won't even bother completing the game. That is where the 20% comes from.

I'll be part of the 20%.

Blood Money only offered weapon collection as an extra to give, nothing more, and I still played it over and over and over...

Throw in challenges, scores, and whatever else they're putting in, and my gf won't be seeing me for a month lol.

At least the developer's will make their money off of the 80%.

Unlike my PS2, every game I have played on the 360 and enjoyed I make sure I complete the stoyline and then get another.

I never played Bloodmoney, yet, but I heard there is no checkpoint, you mess up then you have to start again - which puts me off a bit.

There is no "messing up" in Blood Money. There is an infinite amount of ways to complete each mission. If you're trying to be sneaky but someone sees you take out a guard, you improvise and figure out your next step to complete your task. It is awesome. And the missions save after each one is completed and don't take very long.

There is no "messing up" in Blood Money. There is an infinite amount of ways to complete each mission. If you're trying to be sneaky but someone sees you take out a guard, you improvise and figure out your next step to complete your task. It is awesome. And the missions save after each one is completed and don't take very long.

I will look into it, thanks.

I may not go through it to collect 100% of every little thing, but I will definitely complete it and play through all of the levels I enjoyed a few times each. Point of a videogame is to play it, than go back to it whenever you're in the mood to play it again (I've never understood people that will play a game once and never again. Just because you already know the storyline doesn't mean it isn't fun to experience again. Just like re-reading a book.)

I'm not buying it one bit.. the info that is. Didn't they even say you can go back to levels and find different ways to kill your targets ? Who wouldn't finish the game to get to the last level. "I think Ill pay 60$ for a new game but never finish it" < Thats to me what they are saying.

I know I certainly will even collect everything, if every level has its own challenges why not, gives even more playability.

My only concern is how big are some levels, like the Chinatown Walkthrough seemed rather quick. I would love having to follow a target to only have to kill someone else, then find that target again. Hopefully I didn't go off topic but I just don't see only 20% of players completing the game, if thats the case its hardcore gamers only. Not to forget they said this is more story driven as well.

• 5 weeks later...
Well I know I'll finish it. I love me some Hitman.

I'm sure I'll finish this too, as everything I seen of this game has just been amazing. I'm surprised about it only being 20% though, as I complete all my games now, unless they are surprisingly bad.