Achievement Guide

DFB 1708

I came here to find out if I could replay the maps or needed to start a new story, but at the time that wasn't posted here yet. After playing through the game twice just now, I can say that it does require you to restart the story to get the Safe Journey achievement :) (had to find out the hard way)

Also a quick tip for Drill: Instead of doing what the game expects you to do, drain the lake, you can put sand around half of the circle and then fill sand underneath the "waterstone" until its above water, and then connect it with the half circle. Then you'll have plenty of time left. (I was 82 on the leaderboards so that should show that there was a lot of time left)

As for The Descent, there is a speed run on youtube (

), it was really useful for me, only took me 10 tries or so to pull it of (and 53rd place on the leaderboard)

Also, I think the reason why you fail even though you just managed to get the third village is because you have to get every village and get it protected BEFORE everything reaches the bottom of the sea.

Imo, it should give you a challenge failed at that point, instead of letting you go on, so you don't spend one hour trying to cap the last as I sadly had to find out.

And also: a tip for challenges like Wagons of Fire, you can actually turn of your special powers, like jellify water. I had no idea you could do that, until I read some tips on that challenge. afaik the game never tells you you can turn them off. So after I knew that it was pretty easy.

(First post here btw, hope its alright)

Edited by Zer0.BE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, helped me get through a couple of the peskier challenges.

Not exactly a tricky level, but a tip to get through Wagon of Fire quicker,

Send your shaman straight to the relic, he will get close to the wall, then stop. Now turn on jellify water, and drop water on him. It will take a couple orbs of water, but this should raise him up and over the rim. Then just turn off jellify water, let him grab the kite, repeat to get back out of the crater and save the village. Saves quite a bit of time (20th on leaderboard), and I think its more fun playing with the water instead of waiting for fire to burn :p

Think you should change the missable achievements and note which ones they are. Really the only missable one is doing the story without losing 5 villages. As if you finish the story you have to start a new one to get that. All the others you can simply use level select and get them, 100% vegetation, all memories etc.

Number of missable achievements: 1 - Safe Journey.

Yeah you're kind of right there, changed.

I came here to find out if I could replay the maps or needed to start a new story, but at the time that wasn't posted here yet. After playing through the game twice just now, I can say that it does require you to restart the story to get the Safe Journey achievement :) (had to find out the hard way)

Also a quick tip for Drill: Instead of doing what the game expects you to do, drain the lake, you can put sand around half of the circle and then fill sand underneath the "waterstone" until its above water, and then connect it with the half circle. Then you'll have plenty of time left. (I was 82 on the leaderboards so that should show that there was a lot of time left)

As for The Descent, there is a speed run on youtube (

), it was really useful for me, only took me 10 tries or so to pull it of (and 53rd place on the leaderboard)

Also, I think the reason why you fail even though you just managed to get the third village is because you have to get every village and get it protected BEFORE everything reaches the bottom of the sea.

Imo, it should give you a challenge failed at that point, instead of letting you go on, so you don't spend one hour trying to cap the last as I sadly had to find out.

And also: a tip for challenges like Wagons of Fire, you can actually turn of your special powers, like jellify water. I had no idea you could do that, until I read some tips on that challenge. afaik the game never tells you you can turn them off. So after I knew that it was pretty easy.

(First post here btw, hope its alright)

I'll add it all.

Thanks for the post and welcome :).

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide, helped me get through a couple of the peskier challenges.

Not exactly a tricky level, but a tip to get through Wagon of Fire quicker,

Send your shaman straight to the relic, he will get close to the wall, then stop. Now turn on jellify water, and drop water on him. It will take a couple orbs of water, but this should raise him up and over the rim. Then just turn off jellify water, let him grab the kite, repeat to get back out of the crater and save the village. Saves quite a bit of time (20th on leaderboard), and I think its more fun playing with the water instead of waiting for fire to burn :p

I'll add it as a second solution ;).

Hey just wanted to say i was looking for a guide on "ditch" and saw this figured u might want to know about it.

http://game.downloadatoz.com/tutorial,26242,how-to-complete-all-the-challenges-in-from-dust-for-xbox-360.html

Failed copy of the author. Imma boycot Downloadatoz from now.

Thanks for showing.

Edited by DFB 1708

The only thing I did differently is level 11:

You can go for the closest totem at the start of the map, as long as you move the water trees nearest the village to the side (preferably on the cliff edge). Then reroute the lava using explosive trees, away from the villages. As it is evaporating, gather dirt and begin to form the bridge to Repel Lava. Now spend a few minutes building walls to block lava flow from your first village, and the evaporate village. Next, capture the evaporate village and spread the knowledge. Once it begins to rain, use evaporate. Next use go for Infinite Earth, and but make sure you build a 3-sided wall around it, with the opening facing evaporate. Capture it, and use infinite earth and amplify the breath to further protect it from lava flow. Now, make a surrounding wall around the last totem, and use evaporate if another downpour comes. Also, make sure to spread knowledge to totem 3 (Infinite Earth), and extinguish any fires that threaten your villages. Capture the last totem, and spread knowledge (just in case.) Now, wait. Wait a few minutes. Just make sure no fires destroy your villages, and use evaporate during the downpour. After a few minutes, the lava will all have harden. Use Amplify the Breath and Infinite Earth to spread vegetation to 100% and exit.

This is the method I used, and as long as you can be quick, you won't lose any villages.

The only thing I did differently is level 11:

You can go for the closest totem at the start of the map, as long as you move the water trees nearest the village to the side (preferably on the cliff edge). Then reroute the lava using explosive trees, away from the villages. As it is evaporating, gather dirt and begin to form the bridge to Repel Lava. Now spend a few minutes building walls to block lava flow from your first village, and the evaporate village. Next, capture the evaporate village and spread the knowledge. Once it begins to rain, use evaporate. Next use go for Infinite Earth, and but make sure you build a 3-sided wall around it, with the opening facing evaporate. Capture it, and use infinite earth and amplify the breath to further protect it from lava flow. Now, make a surrounding wall around the last totem, and use evaporate if another downpour comes. Also, make sure to spread knowledge to totem 3 (Infinite Earth), and extinguish any fires that threaten your villages. Capture the last totem, and spread knowledge (just in case.) Now, wait. Wait a few minutes. Just make sure no fires destroy your villages, and use evaporate during the downpour. After a few minutes, the lava will all have harden. Use Amplify the Breath and Infinite Earth to spread vegetation to 100% and exit.

This is the method I used, and as long as you can be quick, you won't lose any villages.

If you don't mind I'll link to this post as a second solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I have beef with this guide. The memory part is BS. You linked a guide that a guy half-assed, and didn't even finish. I need like 2 memories, and I don't wanna go through every level looking for them. Do you have another link or something you could substitute for what you currently have? Thanks

Edit: Perhaps with this? http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/From_Dust_-_PC_XBLA_PSN/Memory_of_the_Tribe

Edited by 13ip0lar

I have beef with this guide. The memory part is BS. You linked a guide that a guy half-assed, and didn't even finish. I need like 2 memories, and I don't wanna go through every level looking for them. Do you have another link or something you could substitute for what you currently have? Thanks

Edit: Perhaps with this? http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/From_Dust_-_PC_XBLA_PSN/Memory_of_the_Tribe

It's not my fault he didn't finish it, he said he would.

I'll link to the link you supplied, thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org From Dust Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!