Multiplayer?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. So long as you have the ability to play the game, the achievements are available. So any multiplayer or Firefight achievement from Reach (such as get 1 million points or earn a First Strike medal) would be earnable from the new set of CEA maps.

Just like ODST did with Halo 3, I would imagine (and hope) Halo: CE is going to come with the full Reach Multiplayer setup so that you can play every playlist with every gametype and every map (I wonder if that'll include DLC. I'd like to remove those from my HDD.) So if this happens, a lot of people could technically get rid of Halo: Reach once they have everything done from the Campaign and just use the CEA second disc instead.

This is just speculation though. Nothing is confirmed about this yet.

I don't want a DLC code T_T I want a disc like ODST so that I can remove the maps from my Harddrive (Even though I have a 250 GB HDD and an additional 16 GB Flashdrive, I've only used about 25 GB. Force of habit since I owned a 360 Pro Sku from the 2005 Launch and only had a 20 GB harddrive up until the Slim was released. Never got out of the habit of conserving space anyway (Besides, what do I need 250 GB worth of stuff for? If I'm not using the content regularly, no point in having it on there.)

I don't want a DLC code T_T I want a disc like ODST so that I can remove the maps from my Harddrive (Even though I have a 250 GB HDD and an additional 16 GB Flashdrive, I've only used about 25 GB. Force of habit since I owned a 360 Pro Sku from the 2005 Launch and only had a 20 GB harddrive up until the Slim was released. Never got out of the habit of conserving space anyway (Besides, what do I need 250 GB worth of stuff for? If I'm not using the content regularly, no point in having it on there.)

Meh, you never know. I was just thinking of that idead, guessing they'd use that ploy to grab a bit more cash. Yet I prefer the additional multiplayer disc idea overall. But what if there's gonna be more Reach DLC? Will 343 throw out one final disc with ALL the DLC in it? Along with Halo 4? Or will it be similar to Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare collection?

I don't think we'll see any more Reach DLC after this latest batch. 343 is the Alpha stages of Halo 4's development and it's supposed to be out next year, so they're going to be putting all of their focus onto that I would imagine.

Even if we do, though, it didn't stop them from releasing a disc before. After the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack was released, two more maps were released on Xbox Live. These maps, unfortunately, are no longer accessible to us as XBL was shut down and they weren't on the disc. It's a shame really. I enjoyed Tombstone (the Hang 'Em High remake) before the H2 servers died off.

Umm... I would say Halo 3's multipalyer was anything but lovable. You want enjoyable multiplayer. Go try out Halo and Halo 2. They ran circles around anything Halo 3 could every do.

At any rate, it's been confirmed for quite some time that Halo: CEA will be done on Reach's servers and engine. Don't worry, though, as a lot of the things that people disliked about Reach (Bloom, Armor abilities, etc...) have been altered or removed. Even the pistol is being tweaked to function exactly like the Halo 1 pistol in the CEA playlists online.

Well if im going to get the 6 or 7 multiplayer maps for reach will i also get access to all of the other maps on reach, like odst did for halo 3?

i dont think they said anything about that yet. but if i had to guess, i'd say they'll only include the new maps. reason being is because there's now an option to download the maps off the disk onto your hard drive so you can play them with the Reach disk as well and not only with Anniversary in the tray.

^I don't think that's likely. They don't want people doing that because than they can just distribute the disc to all their friends to download the maps and than nobody else will have to go out and buy Halo 1. This was the issue with the GOTY editions of Borderlands, Oblivion, and Fallout 3. They didn't sell as well because people could just download from one disc and than play on their original copies. If they take this route I would assume it goes more for a code than a disc, but even that would enable people to just download the maps, than sell the game, which is something 343i doesn't want to happen.

I don't think anything is really confirmed as to HOW the multiplayer is going to work in CEA. Different people want different things. Like I've said before, I want it to be like ODST. The second disc is the entire multiplayer component of Halo 3 and your copy of Halo 3 was no longer necessary to play it. It gave everybody all of the maps and enabled you to delete the maps from your harddrive. This is what I want CEA to do.

Also, Ethan, I wouldn't hold my breath for Halo 4 MP if I were you for a few reasons.

1. 343i, veterans developers or not, is still a new team and they're also quite a bit smaller than the Bungie team that worked on the past Halo titles.

2. They're different than the minds behind Bungie's Halo. Some members carried over, but they were mostly graphics designers and programmers. A lot of the minds behind the multiplayer went with Bungie, so I would expect less of a enhanced Halo experience and more of a new experience with the Halo name on it.

3. If CEA is anything to go off of, they don't seem quite as interested in Multiplayer as Bungie was for Halo 2, 3, and Reach (Halo 1 multiplayer was nearly cut from the final release, so obviously the focus on developing it wasn't all there.) Granted their excuse was that they didn't want to kill Reach's population, but when you look at the CoD franchise the excuse seems like BS to me.

4. If rumors are to be believed, the new Halo campaign is supposed to be extremely narrative driven and much more involved in the storyline than the past games. Smaller team + larger Campaign = less focus on other aspects of the game (like Firefight and Multiplayer.) I personally would be okay if Halo 4's multiplayer was cut out completely to focus on making the campaign ever stronger, but I know other people would probably flip out over that.

So this wont be like ODST with all the Halo 3 Maps on the 1 disc?? I read that somewhere but not 100% sure of its accuracy

Alright the campaign and multiplayer will be on one disc. As for the maps they will be:

Damnation

Hang em High

Timberlands

Prisoner

Headlong

Beaver Creek

(firefight) Installation 04 (Halo)

• 1 month later...