Worth Buying?

TealPavelski

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone regret buying the Kinect yet? I am on the fence to buy one, but are the games available any fun?

I'm sure you can already find cheap kinect because there's always disappointed people

Edited by Utako

I'm sure you can already find cheap kinect because there's always disappointed people

Either that or people who bought it, and didn't remember to think whether or not they have the space required for Kinect.

I'm definitely not disappointed at all.

We all know that we'll never play action FPS games or any of that kind on Kinect.

It's most likely to be sports games or dance/fitness games that will really

work well on Kinect.

And of course games like Adventures and Kinectimals.

So if you fell good about the different kinds of games available for Kinect,

and feel like having a good workout then I'm sure you won't be disappointed either..

Just remember, it can be really hard work playing Kinect... :)

It's in no way a relaxing "lay-down-on-the-couch" game style. ;)

I personally like mine. I do thinks some of the games will get boring after a while. Put i think that awesome things are to come. I really like the mic is built in. Didnt even notice it util i was playing red dead online and could talk to the other plays . BIG BONUS. I was kinda disappointed with the dashboard. I thought you could use your hands on the whole dashboard, not just the kinect part. Overall i think it is a great value. A great add on for your xbox and worth the price.

If you can get passed the one time cost of $150 and are slightly interested I think it is worth the money. Unlike Wii and Move, you don't need to continue buying wands or sub controllers to play with more people, which I think is a big plus. Kinect Adventures may get old after a little while, but I think that Dance Central and Kinect Sports will be fun for a long time. Plus you have a few "Core" games like the 2 Horror games from TGS, Steel Battalion, and Child of Eden.

Yes but unlike Nintendo, Microsoft has put out enough I would say to cover all the demand. Does anyone know if you can use the Kinect for "Your in the movies"? The old camera doesn't compare to the Kinect camera.

You can't use your Kinect for any Vision Camera Game yet. The games need Titles Updates for that, not sure if any Developer will even do that.

Either that or people who bought it, and didn't remember to think whether or not they have the space required for Kinect.

I'm definitely not disappointed at all.

We all know that we'll never play action FPS games or any of that kind on Kinect.

It's most likely to be sports games or dance/fitness games that will really

work well on Kinect.

And of course games like Adventures and Kinectimals.

So if you fell good about the different kinds of games available for Kinect,

and feel like having a good workout then I'm sure you won't be disappointed either..

Just remember, it can be really hard work playing Kinect... :)

It's in no way a relaxing "lay-down-on-the-couch" game style. ;)

That Star Wars lightsaber games looks like it is FPP for it or like punchout see the hands style FPP. and that will work for the kinect. But yeah I agree that they should keep away from FPS games on the kinect. The controller will be so superior and they would just flop if they were Kinect only. The Harry Potter game looks cool that you have the ability to play a seperate Kinect spell casting sp and co-op missions in it, and again that is a game style that kinect should work well with.

Yes but unlike Nintendo, Microsoft has put out enough I would say to cover all the demand. Does anyone know if you can use the Kinect for "Your in the movies"? The old camera doesn't compare to the Kinect camera.

I'm going to say that that will be coming down the pipe. For all intent and purpose the kinect should be completley replacing the old camera. It already has for chat so it will be updated for use in old games. Not all of them but I would surmise a lot of them.

Plus you have a few "Core" games like the 2 Horror games from TGS, Steel Battalion, and Child of Eden.

What 2 horror games?

Kinect adventures is fun if not a stand alone title, but dance central is very solid. Those two alone and im very happy. I cant wait to see what they come up with for games. Interested to see kinect's harry potter integration.

Like its been said before, If you have the cash its a solid accessory.

We had to move our couch for multiplayer but to me it is worth it. It gets my wife gaming and I cannot complain about that one bit. If you are willing to take a break from the norm then it will be worth it. If you are expecting to ever play "hardcore" games forget it - that isn't what Kinect is for.

I got it and really like it. Having enough space is a issue though. I'm going to have to move it into the other room cause I have right at 6 ft from it and my couch unless putting it on a shelf above my tv will work. I'm gonna try that later. Its a lot of fun and gives u a workout. I tried the dance central demo and it was fun but a workout. My kids love kinectimals. I'm happy I got it before they are sold out for christmas.

I love Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Bully, Soul Calibur, etc.

With that said, I'm having a blast with this. I think there is a lot of negative vibe from core gamers for this, like they feel threatened or something.

They can keep on hating and trolling, because this is fun and surprisingly accurate.

Anyone regret buying the Kinect yet? I am on the fence to buy one, but are the games available any fun?

I was given mine by M$ but if i had to buy the product i wouldn't have had a problem doing so i'm very happy with it.

I was skeptic about buying it, too. Then two of my friends got it day of launch and were having SO much fun with it, so I decided to go ahead and get it.

I'd say, get it, depending on what type of gamer you are. Now, I play Red Dead, Battlefield 2, Fable 3, Left 4 Dead, ext...but I'm having a blast with my kinect. It gives me an awesome workout, and basically replaces my regular workout routine. (I work out for at least half an hour a day, every day.)

And, for those who say it'd never be for hardcore games like COD or halo, I disagree. Simple voice commands would work.

But yes, make sure you have enough room. I have to use mine diagonally because of my room setup, and I'm considering moving the things in my room all together, just haven't worked out a way to do this yet. Even so, its tons tons TONS of fun!

I love the Kinect but I dislike thisw game a lot, it's too whiny about the tiny space it gives you to move around in, i dislike the delayed jumps and what not. It's just not my type of game I guess... my husband liked it though. I wouldnt buy this if it didn't come with the kinect :/ I LOVE Dance Central, Kinectimals And Your Shape: Fitness Evolved though lol