Any Way to Boost Splatters?

boblosanchez

Its easy as making toast!

I burn my toast. All the time.

Honestly, maxing out the splatter commendation shouldn't be that bad. Do some Big Team Infinity Slayer, get in a ghost (pretty sure there's a ghost in every BTIS map), use the boost and run into enemies who are preoccupied fighting your teammates.

There's other commendations that are bat shit crazy hard to max out legit, like destroying an enemy occupied mongoose(because nobody drives the fucking thing, or they hop out once they spot you), and the plasma pistol kills are rough too. Off the top of my head, I think I only have 4 or 5 plasma pistol kills.

Edited by LickableLemons7

I burn my toast. All the time.

Honestly, maxing out the splatter commendation shouldn't be that bad. Do some Big Team Infinity Slayer, get in a ghost (pretty sure there's a ghost in every BTIS map), use the boost and run into enemies who are preoccupied fighting your teammates.

There's other commendations that are bat shit crazy hard to max out legit, like destroying an enemy occupied mongoose(because nobody drives the fucking thing, or they hop out once they spot you), and the plasma pistol kills are rough too. Off the top of my head, I think I only have 4 or 5 plasma pistol kills.

I have 7 splatters and my KDR is getting kinda murdered attempting this...

As much as I hate to even utter it, vote...........Complex.........(Barfs). I think that map appears in nearly all the playlists and there's not another vehicle to oppose the Ghost there (plenty of weapons to fuck your day though). If you know how to juke out the splatter victim then I think this would be your fastest way.

If its just the green visor you want, role the spec that as the green/black tint one.

I kinda agree with you though. I hate seeing my k/d die or having to play playlists I don't like, just to chase a silly commendation. Noway like lemons said you are going to max some legitimately anyway, like the plasma pistol or that dire forerunner nade.

OR, you can play Spartin Ops and get splatters. You can look at it's description and it does, (or should), say that in BOTH War games AND Spartin Ops.

EDIT: Igonore this post. I did get a pop-up in Spatin Ops at least once, but I really don't know how. Was just trying to help. Sorry for any confusion. For some actually useful help, use the Wheelman "perk," 99.9% sure that helps, as EMP's are less useful vs. you, and you can take more.

Edited by Orange Man

OP, dont worry about getting splatters. All you have to do as mentioned before is hop into a Ghost. I find just ripping around the maps like a speed crazed lunatic is the best strategy. Dont bother firing the guns, just hold the left trigger for the speed boost.

Most people either get surprised quick and cant dodge you or jump out of the way. If they jump, you're going too fast for them to kill you anyway. Just remember to try and stick to straightaways that are also bottlenecks in the fighting.

My best round was 32 kills (all splatters) and 4 deaths. Its really quite easy.

Also memorize where the Ghost spawns. The Mongoose ATV also works pretty good but your aim has to be better.

Hope this helps :)

Among my friends and I it's a big deal. We just get competitive within ourselves, that's all.

I don't see why. Halo 4 is the least competitive game in the series; the mere introduction of the Join-In-Progress system of matchmaking makes K/D ratio's skewed, misleading and wholly irrelevant.

If you and your friends want to get competitive amongst yourselves, host Custom Games -- using Infinity multiplayer as a gauge for skill (via K/D) is utterly pointless.

I don't see why. Halo 4 is the least competitive game in the series; the mere introduction of the Join-In-Progress system of matchmaking makes K/D ratio's skewed, misleading and wholly irrelevant.

If you and your friends want to get competitive amongst yourselves, host Custom Games -- using Infinity multiplayer as a gauge for skill (via K/D) is utterly pointless.

So when i assume that someone with 4000 Kills and 2000 Deaths (KD 2.0) in multiplayer will be better than someone with 1000 Kills and 2000 Deaths (KD 0.5)... Unless there is lag or other unknown circumstances, the player with the worse KD will be almost always be beaten.

It is relevant - Just not as much as Reach and furthermore, not as much as Halo 2 or 3.

The commendation says "Splatter enemy Spartans with a vehicle." It can only be done in War Games.

Wrong good sir, it can be done in Spatin Ops, I've finished it there. The description for the vehicles tab says either or. Try it yourself if you don't believe me.

EDIT: Ignore this post. I really did get a pop-up in Spatin Ops, but I really don't know how. Was just trying to help.

Edited by Orange Man

Roland, I believe this man is talking out his arse.

But I'm not D: Unless some form of magic occured while I was playing Spartin Ops, I really got it there. I couldn't splatter people in matchmaking worth crap, and I still run around with my really green visor. Damnit, now I'm confused. D:

I also forgot this. Whenever I play BTS or Dominion, the only real place with vehicles, I never get in them, or when I do, it usally means my team is winning. I maybe have 25 splatters in matchmaking. And, just so we can clear something up, I never troll, I only try to help or be silly.

EDIT: Again, was just trying to help.

Edited by Orange Man

So when i assume that someone with 4000 Kills and 2000 Deaths (KD 2.0) in multiplayer will be better than someone with 1000 Kills and 2000 Deaths (KD 0.5)... Unless there is lag or other unknown circumstances, the player with the worse KD will be almost always be beaten.

What game are you playing? I've been in plenty of matches where players with < 1.0 K/D are absolutely mopping the floor with players with >2.0 K/D. Sure, you can assume some players will be better by glancing at their current KDR; but in the end it is ultimately futile given Halo 4's matchmaking structure.

A player who manages a 1:1 or even a 1.25:1 K/D in SWAT and/or Team Slayer Pro has much more potential to blow a power-weapon whore with a 3:1 K/D in Infinity Slayer or BTIS out of the water.

But of course, this is already disregarding the awful inclusion of the Join-In-Progress feature. Did a player on your team disconnect in the middle of a Ragnarok match after you've taken and comfortably held the hill for several minutes? Bam, the new teammate will enjoy a free pass to a friendly hill with height advantage as they team-shoot any and all opposition at the enemy spawn -- in essence, free positive KDR!

The inverse can be said for someone spawning into a slanted game where the enemy already has power-weapon and map control advantages -- this is assuming the new player rounds out the team; who knows, maybe two, or even three other players had quit prior to him, leaving the match 5v3. Imagine if this were a CTF match and they were holding the objective to pad stats. Yay, how awesome!

It is relevant - Just not as much as Reach and furthermore, not as much as Halo 2 or 3.

K/D is not a measure of skill in Halo 4. A terrible player can easily hold a KDR of 1.5+ through use of heavy vehicles or power weapon hoarding. I could easily boost my KDR to 3.5+ if I decided to sit in a base on Dominion with a boltshot, shotgun, rocket launcher or incinerator cannon.

If anything, KDR merely measures the amount of handicap a player invokes upon oneself when playing multiplayer; I would argue that's the opposite of skill.

Now, if someone has a KDR of 2:1 or better in SWAT, Team Slayer Pro or any other playlists that is reminiscent of core Halo experiences, I'll be impressed. Until then, KDR is one of the last things used to accurately gauge the skill of another player.

Many players, including most professional, primarily gauge skill by methods entirely irrelevant to K/D. How well do they perform their strafes? Are they elaborate enough to throw off an opponent's aim or otherwise confuse them? Do they know how to accurately burst-fire with an AR? Do they normally play the objective or just stat-pad? Can they predict and effectively manipulate the flow of the map? Is their average kill time with [insert weapon here] impressive? How do they play individually? With a team?

As you can see, none of these are reliant on K/D, and they shouldn't be. Overall KDR is not an accurate measure of skill due to how easily it can get skewed or influenced. At the end of it all though, the end-all method of gauging another's skill is to simply play with or against them.

Edited by Hishoa

I maybe have 25 splatters in matchmaking.

Halo Waypoint says 47, so if what you're saying is right then the description of the commendation is wrong... And I'm going to have to get some grunt/elite splattering going on in Ep01.Ch01.

Edit: Nope, 67 splatters in a single Sp-Op game and none of them counted?

Edited by Doktor Wilhelm