The Official Force Unleashed 2 Bitching Thread

The only thing that fucked me up on my 1000 :gsicon:, was the boss battle with Vader 1st part (Unleashed). Not that it was really hard, BUT COME OOOOON, what was wrong the dialogues during the fight. :chair

Starkiller: I'LL KILL YOU!!

Darth Vader: Rise above this! She means nothing!

Darth Vader: Her death gives you strength. Embrace it.

Starkiller: I WILL KILL YOU!!

Darth Vader: [Losing patience] If you wish join the woman, so be it!

Darth Vader: She loved a dead man. She would have never loved you.

Starkiller: YOU WILL DIE WHERE YOU STAND!

Repeated a 1000003405932472 times plus "YOU LIE" blablablabla. That pissed me really off. Glad I'm done with it. Next time I'll MUTE both!!!

If I'm not watching cutscenes, my games are always muted so I can listen to some Israel Kamakawiwo'ole as I kick ass. :p

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah in a Star Wars thread :D

Bioshock 1 is better, story is better, gameplay is better and even the graphics and enviroments are better. Love it!

Bioshock 2 has a bad story, i even forget what it was about, no suprises, dual weapon + plasmid sucked (i shoot OR i use a plasmid) and the MP sucked (play it only to get full 1000 GS), the game was lame after the first one...

FU2 bitching thread and you're talking about Bioshock? Srsly...

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread bro

Game sucked all around. The story was "oh Juno!" The combat was essentially like 6-8 different enemies. And The levels were layed out in this order, use horrible platforming to jump to platforms. Fight 30-40 lame ass enemies using the same moves and techniques that you learned in the first 5 min. Use force pull to move 1 object to get to next room of enemies. Oh, there were cameos? Mustve missed them when I sneezed. Boss battles were just irritating except for the Golog. Vader was a pussy as usual, but annoying to essentially onyl do chip damage to for 30 min while repeating the same lines. Im mad i spent the money to rent. I feel bad for those who bought it.

Rented it yesterday, completed my Unleashed playthrough today. So much for "pretty short game".

I enjoyed it more than thought I would, but thats only considering I only spent 4€ for the rental. I guess would I have payed the full price, I would be pissed.

The gameplay was fun, and I liked the first two parts on Kamino and Cato Naimodia, but the whole Salvation and second Kamino level dragged on and on in the same boring hallways. And the story.... well, he escapes and goes back just to get his lady back.

Good stuff. Really.

Oh, and no comment about Yoda and Boba Fett cameo. Big slap in the face.

Vader felt like a bully out of a teen movie, there was no depth whatsoever to his character, and quite frankly I am shocked that George Lucas would sign off this piece of crap story that the team of TFU2 came up with.

Vader ALWAYS had an emotional depth to him that you could feel when he talked, even when he was on screen (admitted, not so much in Episode IV) and after playing this game, I am asking myself if Lucas himself actually understood the character of Vader, especially the last fight against him was complete garbage:

"You are weak", "You will do my bidding", "You are just an experiment", "I will destroy you", I mean come on, they just threw in some badass Vader lines to make us feel nostalgic.

Empire was the Star Wars movie that actually portrayed Vader as more than a diabolic killing machine that only does the emperor's bidding; and in no way does TFU accomplish that, even with all the SW movies released and our knowledge about Vader's true feelings and his final redemption fulfilled in Episode VI they just couldn't make me actually CARE about whatever agenda Vader is following, what his true intentions are and what he has to say (which isn't much anyway besides "I will kill her if you do not bow before me").

Sorry about this little rant, but as a hardcore Star Wars fan I just found myself being completely ripped off by a mediocre story, far too little storylength and character development that Uwe Boll could have portrayed better.

There's just way too many weak links in this story to make it an even mildly interesting one.

I found the fight against the Gorog to be extremely dissatisfying and far too long. I admit, at first I thought "Ok, this is flipping amazing", but after about 10 minutes of "Do X, move to Y" all I could say was "please let it be over now."

I didn't have a problem with the initial plotline "Escape Vader, rescue Kota, kick Vader's ass" and I think it would've worked if the story was 10-12 hours long, but 5-6 hours is just way too little time to start caring for characters, let alone identify with their motives and understanding WHY they are doing what they are doing.

And the fight against Vader... I'd rather not get into it.

As far as the lagging goes, I personally never had any issues there so I can't comment.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and I was super happy when my gf gave me the CE for Christmas this year. Is the game short? Yes, easily. I felt the levels were longer here than on TFU, BUT were there fewer? I'm not too sure right now.

Unleashed difficulty - besides Vader being a pain at the end, if your powers are all level 3, game is very simple even then. Vader was also very very repetative. Having level 3 Mind Trick makes this difficulty sooo easy.

Story- The concept was good, however it did feel like they tried to turn this game into a Star Wars movie instead of a game. How does Kota end up with Baron? No explenation there. Is Starkiller a clone? No definite answer, but from the looks of Sith ending and final level (with all the clones) it's a definite possibility.

MY BIGGEST ISSUES: Bobba Fett ......WTF! Never get to fight him, only see 1 cutscene with him really. I was hoping for an epic battle atleast. Grrr.

There was a teaser shown earlier with Vader and Yoda influencing Starkiller....did either one really influence the game? NOPE!

Also the teaser with Vader on Hoth in the snow. Umm, did we miss a level?

Graphics? Incredible! The falling scene in the first level as well as flying beside the crashing ship look incredible. The game was very beautiful to look at.

A lot of loose ends to tie up I'd say. Glad Endor is only $1.

I felt the first Force Unleashed was more epic. We've never experienced a sith or jedi so strong and in sucj incredible execution of presentation. What I'm talking about, is foremost, bring down a million ton Star Destroyer with your Force abilities. I'm talking about, taking out AT-ST's, Rancor's, Jabba, Boba Fett (DLC), and even taking out the Emperor in a last battle that is unforgettable for me.

2 Years have passed. Force Unleashed 2 is here. Sure I had my expectations, fixing bugs, the jankiness of jumping and sometimes combat. Fixed! Hello! 4 hour game for 59.99. Yes I pre-ordered this at Gamestop, got my Maul-Killer skin. Im set. Not sure what happened with the hit detection but when doing combo's and the like on a stormtrooper or anything Starkillers size, went to ugly mess of blur. Plus I am one of those people who suffered lag pauses of gameplay deep in the heat of battle. I was sorely dissappointed with the Dagobah level. I thought I'd be fighting the water creature who swalloed R2-D2, I thought I'd be swinging from vine to vine like Luke, I thought I'd had gameplay in the trial cave. Nope. The Gorog fight was amazing IMO. That whole sequence was the highlight of the game. He never died!! LOL! Anyways I feel like most people about the last Vader fight, it was drawn out, quicktime events galore, no answers answered at the end. Juno?? I never knew he had a thing for her. He loves her?? WTF, it always seemed like he had hidden feelings, but now he loves her? HAHAHA! Anyways Im done.

Im still undecided on whether or not Im gonna gor for 1000/1000. Plus I just purchased the cheap Endor mission. TBC!

Edited by Downsize

• 4 weeks later...

My friend gave the game to me a week ago for free. So I pretty much stand by everything I've said before.

1. Way too short of a game.

2. I hate how they incorporated Yoda and Boba Fett in the game.

3. Poor dialogue

4. Plot was terrible

5. Vader boss fight was unsatisfying ( especially with all that lightning, it just felt way too childish, and like something out of Dragon Ball Z)

On a brighter note, however, I liked:

1. The rain effects on Kamino (were very beautiful)

2. The Gorog's design/boss fight, while it lasted

3. Level design was ok

4. Voice acting was somewhat satisfactory

I'll just mop up the rest of the achievements and put this away for awhile, until I buy the Endor DLC. I wanna drop kick some ewoks.

• 1 month later...

I thought the game was ok until I got a good ways through. Then the lag started happening. I've never seen such a game with horrible lag. I had to lag through the last couple of chapters and the last boss fights.

This made the challenges all but unplayable. What a disappointment! Seriously, what's the deal with this?

I started out liking the game, but ended up hating it. Don't know if I'll waste my time on TFU III.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy this game so far.. the only thing I can complain about is the lag... yes lag.

It seems about every 10 seconds or so, there is a .5 second freeze while it "loads" something, I assume. Anyways, this always throws me off when I am trying to do combos, or finish big enemies with the quick time events.

Trying the first challange was nearly impossible to get a good time because every time a new enemy would load into that center circle, there would be a .5 second freeze delay, which would cause me to fuck up my combo and have to restart... this is fucking gay.

I thought the game was ok until I got a good ways through. Then the lag started happening. I've never seen such a game with horrible lag. I had to lag through the last couple of chapters and the last boss fights.

This made the challenges all but unplayable. What a disappointment! Seriously, what's the deal with this?

I started out liking the game, but ended up hating it. Don't know if I'll waste my time on TFU III.

This is the first game I have ever played, which is a SINGLE PLAYER game, that has more lag problems than most multiplayer games with users hosting the servers... I don't see how a SINGLE PLAYER game can lag like this... how is this possible?

And not just when loading new thing.. running down a corridor with the exact same shit on all the walls, I get the lag... This shit is already loaded.. why is it lagging?

• 5 weeks later...

I've read the reviews and heard how short this game is. I then decided to wait for the price to drop. Amazon had the collectors edition(new) for $29.06. I broke down and bought it today. At least I'll get good use of the flash drive.

• 2 years later...

As a big video game player, and an even bigger Star Wars fan, here is my list of top ten things wrong with Star Wars Force Unleashed plus a couple extra.

1. Shortness of Game

2. Lack of Challenge to Game.... The first SW FUnleashed was much more challenging and was really cool to battle Rancors and Sarlaccs.

3. Lack of any alien representation. No Nemoidians or Kaminoans to battle... none even to be seen.

4. Only Two Planets? Really... Giant step backward...

5. Bad Story? So many uncompleted thoughts.

6. Tease and lack of follow through... Why do we not get to battle Boba Fett? We are even basically teased that the game will have a battle in one of the conversations.

7. Lack of Boss Battles (and ATST's must not be made as strong as they used too... they were harder to take down in the first game)

8. Boring Challenges

9. Overall lack of any new characters or droids.

10. Biggest problem: Lack of innovation in developing more to the Star Wars universe. FUnleashed was really cool because it tied some things from the prequels to the originals.

Extra #1 : No way to incorporate multiplayer coop or versus into the game?

Extra #2 : Just a button pusher game... most of the levels require no thought. Game quickly becomes boring and not one to replay except to finish achievements.

Extra #3: The believability of bringing Starkiller back from the dead. If this is their answer to bring on a new game, then they really cheapened the ending of the last game.

Only positives in game were voicework, nice graphics at times, Gorog was a nice concept

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Why does the Force Unleashed series have so many technical problems? I remember playing the first one and it had a bunch of glitched achievements especially the one for the Holocrons.

Well, I decided to play this since it was GWG this month and I was about 3 levels from beating Unleashed difficulty when I died and was brought back to black screen with the health and energy bars at the top but they were completely un-upgraded. I quit the game and restarted it to find that I now no longer have a save file. Brillant! These games are pure cancer to achievement hunters.

• 2 weeks later...
Why does the Force Unleashed series have so many technical problems? I remember playing the first one and it had a bunch of glitched achievements especially the one for the Holocrons.

Well, I decided to play this since it was GWG this month and I was about 3 levels from beating Unleashed difficulty when I died and was brought back to black screen with the health and energy bars at the top but they were completely un-upgraded. I quit the game and restarted it to find that I now no longer have a save file. Brillant! These games are pure cancer to achievement hunters.

Eek, haven't had that one but have had several game breaking moments and sound dropping of entirely. During the fall to Kamino from the ship the entire screen broke like I was Dave in 2001, pretty trippy until it completely locked just before landing. Then also have had major stuttering and slowdown on cutscenes, and complete lockups at other points. One fun one was a right in the first level when your first prompt to use mind trick and the entire screen was empty a except starkiller standing there waving his arms.

Dashboarding cured all so far but yikes this is a buggy mess. Oddly, I'm still enjoying the game in a mindlessly fun kinda of way. Gonna go kill ewoks now.

• 1 month later...

This game stinks, it was a con designed too steal your money by producing total crap, and where the first game was epic, this second game was just an asshole. Its story stunk, its combat stunk, its duration stunk, its difficulty stunk. The Playtime was a pissy 4 hours. So it loaded it with a few challenges, and a bunch of really stupid filler achievements, and a greedy DLC. The challenges stunk, the combat challenge, the key inputs don't even sync to your key strokes depressed, unlike any other combat sim, like tekken, mortal kombat, soul calibre. Because it's some other 50/50 timing that does its own thing, the sequence you can press x 6 times and still make the combo, other times you will still be holding b and the combo won't achieve, never mind the combo can't be done when gone off the screen despite of it previously showing it too you already, sometimes it gets interrupted by the minion leaving your screen, other times it won't. Its voice acting anybody could have done a more convincing job. But the fucking Balrog boss is LOTR, not Star Wars, and you know it's a freaking lazy con.

This game stinks avoid it all costs, it plays like its devs asshole. (full of shit)