fireworks achievements not glitched just poorly written

Married2Mary

first of all my brother has dark void in ps3 and he has every trophy for it and i just got this game from a buddy a few days ago. i came on here and looked thru the forums and saw people was saying certain cheevos was glitched. since i did not beat the game or got enuff points i cannot speak on grease monkey but at far as fireworks is concerned i figured it out. i tried the method of the kill the 3 knights on 1-5 and repeat and i did that like 5 times to no avail then my brother told me that i was doing it wrong. ps3 trophy reads ''kill 10 by exploding a piece of dynamite in the air'' it still sound confusing but then my bro told me you dont throw the grenade at them you throw it above their heads so it could explode in mid-air and kill them. i tested it on my game and it worked like a charm. whats also nutz is that it you dont have do it with flying enemies at all lol u can but i killed all ground people when it popped which is easier because its easy to cook off a grenade and throw it above their head when they are on the ground rather than flying enemies who move around a lot. the people who unlocked it probably just got lucky after playing so many boards over and over and killing so much enemies did not realise some of those grenades they thru was actually thrown above their head to kill them. i hope this clears up the whole glitch thing whoever wrote the titles for this achievement on 360 should be ashamed of themselves. i might send a message to the person who wrote the achievement guide to put this strategy under the fireworks achievement if someone other than myself confirms it. whoever do not have it go on any board and try to do this strategy to ten people on the ground or flying and you will hear a familiar sound pop. lemme know

Edited by Married2Mary
wrong wording

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this method works. I just did it on the crash site level, just after you first get grenades. Blow open the door and four watchers will rush out. Cook your grenade so it explodes over their heads and kills them,then kill yourself. Rinse and repeat until you get your achievement .Thanks to the OP for this time saving tip

Man, if this is actually true after hours of spamming grenades, I'll be PISSED.

360: Kill 10 airborn enemies using grenades

PS3: Kill 10 enemies by exploding a piece of dynamite in the air

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make them different?! Thanks Married2Mary, this will definitely end the glitched achievement worries ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This worked for me, but it required a LOT more than 10 kills. I think I was somewhere in the 50's by the time it actually popped.

i dont see how it would take around 50 unless you did something wrong. the way i described is the correct method so all that crying about it being glitched is over. mad mac even found a certain way and level to get it. i send tailz a pm to change it on the achievement guide page but im pretty he or she is not worried about dark void anymore but this is the real deal ladies and gentlemen.

Edited by Married2Mary

i dont see how it would take around 50 unless you did something wrong. the way i described is the correct method so all that crying about it being glitched is over. mad mac even found a certain way and level to get it. i send tailz a pm to change it on the achievement guide page but im pretty he or she is not worried about dark void anymore but this is the real deal ladies and gentlemen.

I played through the first level 3-4 times, killed everyone I could in the level with grenades exploding in the air.

After that, while I wrapped up on 2-4, during all of the points where I had to fight on the ground I used this method and it popped about halfway through my farming. I'm absolutely sure it took more than 20, but 50 may have been an exaggeration.

Also, a few of the grenades exploded about chest-level with the enemies, so that may have been an issue. I don't know if they were supposed to explode over their heads, but that could very well have been the problem.

Edited by Neverender

I can confirm that the OP is right, I never threw grenades at enemies in the air, I only ever killed grounded enemies with grenades.

I did have a friend with a station 3 and he told me the proper way how this achievement was done, to throw grenades so they just explode above the heads of ground based enemies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, this IS the way. I tested it, and it unlocked in exactly 10 kills in Crash Site (where you first pick up the grenades).

Killed 2 with a grenade, the other 2 with guns, died (off the cliff), reloaded, killed 4 with grenades, died, reloaded, killed 4 with grenades, and it unlocked.

Btw it also makes more sense, 'cause the achievement is named "Fireworks"....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not having any luck with this method. I'm at the scene where you first get grenades on Crashsite and I've made sure that the grenade is cooked and detonates in midair and even directly above the enemy's heads. Not including the ones that were beneath head-level, I have killed about 63 enemies so far and I've had no luck in getting this. Does anybody else have a trigger of some sort? Something they did immediately after they tried this that caused it to pop?

• 1 month later...

What Martits said, I still haven't gotten the achievement, and I've killed a good 30 or 40 by now at the Crash Site. I've gotten most of those kills from behind cover... maybe if I'm not in cover, and try it that way, it'll pop.

Edit: About 16 so far from out in the open, still nothing... I'll keep trying, I guess. v.v

Edit 2: Yeah, nothing at all. Just got around another 30 kills, and still no achievement. Any ideas?

Edit 3: After about 25 minutes of trying this, I FINALLY got it. Killed 3 of the 4 with a mid-air explosion, and it popped. No idea how many of them I'd killed, but it was at least 100.

Edited by Ravenhood

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted this in the other Fireworks thread, thought it may help someone here too.

Vertical Cover!

Nothing easier than just dropping a grenade on an enemy below you. I finished the original game long ago and had tried many methods being unlocking it in this manner.

If you can unlock it by just throwing a grenade above an enemies' head on the ground, "great, well done" continue on. If you cannot unlock it that way, try dropping grenades while in vertical cover.

• 5 months later...

This method worked for me.

I just played through the game as I looked for missed journals and used grenades when they bunched up, sometimes on lone enemies too. I didn't keep working the same enemies or reload any checkpoints. It seemed like it took more than 10 but not an absurd amount more. I never really kept count; just took the opportunities when they came and cooked the grenades before letting them go above their heads.