Vietnam DLC Guide

judd90

i have played many games, and i know i have one on each map at least once. but achievemetn is not unlocking, even when i win again. do u have to win as attacker and defender on each map if playing m-com station maps?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has to be a round on either conquest or rush not deathmatch and squad rush dont count.

i only play rush or conquest, i did notice the stats have been wiped on many occasions, and come back whe ni next go on, (updated wit hany kills or level progression) but dont show any kills or badges / pins whe ni look, so maybe because of this it hasnt registed the wins and i will need to do again?

good guide by the way,

i did notice with regards to the "doing the rounds" achievement - i think you only need a kill with each type of vehicle - 1 kill with either tank (not each), 1 kill with either jeep (again not each) and 1 with the boat and 1 with the chopper.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to second the notion that I think its near IMPOSSIBLE to get all the gold stars in 5 hours, even if you're amazing.

I've played for several hours the past few days, received the gold squad in nearly every game today and several ace awards (not to mention coming in 2nd to another team member several times) and I've only finished 7 guns or so. Obviously scoring does not always equal kill counts, but still, I would say the bare MINIMUM would be ~10 hours or so for an elite player.

Also, the STFU achievement isn't just shoot ANY speaker, it has to be a speaker that is spouting Vietnamese stuff, some of the speakers are American speaking, so obviously these don't count. Just listen for the voice, shoot, and the achievement will unlock, no glitches here... (note: just re-read your first post, you DID mention this, my apologies... I'll leave this for others who might not have noticed it)

Great guide nonetheless! Thanks for laying it all out there for everyone! Now, back to :uzi:for those gold stars!

I was now going to buy vietnam when it's only 600 ms points.

but my friend said that if i buy it i must have the vip access to earn the operation hastings.

is this true? because i don't have Vip access so does it mean that i don't get operation hastings?

I was now going to buy vietnam when it's only 600 ms points.

but my friend said that if i buy it i must have the vip access to earn the operation hastings.

is this true? because i don't have Vip access so does it mean that i don't get operation hastings?

Operation Hastings is apart of the Vietnam DLC and does not require you to have a VIP code. So go ahead and buy it and enjoy a fantastic DLC expansion to BC2.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought for a second that the Doing the rounds chievo was glitched (or the ea servers tallying my data). because after A) looking at my most recent stats (vehicle kills) i could tell which vehicle kills i needed and B) your handy dandy guide told the locations of each. and c) the following story... well i had mowed down an enemy in the gunner seat of this tank before getting the jeep kills (the three vehicle kills i needed were all in the same map).so after i got my two jeep kills NVA and US i didnt get the chievo and was like dang (suspecting the above reasons for not working). I continued to play, figuring the EA servers would catch up later and give me my chievo and while the round was ending i got the chievo after killing an enemy with the tank i had used in the begining...only this time i was driving and had used the primary cannon. maybe i had thought i was using the correct tank before? or maybe the requirements for the chievo are to get the tank kills with the primary cannon. ? anyone else notice or think this? because the guide did not mention anything special for this chievo.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Ahh, I've finally done Vietnam.

Most of the achievements are easy to get except Ride of The Valkyrie and Exctasy of Gold. Huey kills is hard, especially how fast it goes down but it's possible if you take the time to practise or boost. Exstacy of gold is easy for the people who are all round good with weapons but each weapon for me...

M16 - Crappy power

AK-47 - Accuracy is good in burst fire and is over-powered, just like real life,

M14 - Only a bit more powerful than the AK despite in real life the round is MUCH bigger. Iron sights are a disgrace to the weapon and the accuracy doesn't seem to great either :/

M10 - This is surprisingly good if you get used to it. The iron sights are pretty nice and under burst fire, you can literally snipe people (as long as you follow your target well.

PPSh - My favourite, fires a considerably large round (7.62x25mm), so it's not really overpowered, it's Russian, Russian weapons are the best :) also good accuracy but only a 25 round magazine (as opposed to 35 and 71 unlike it's real life counterpart). This is probably my favourite weapon in Vietnam.

Uzi - The iron sights aren't really that great, they seem to blind your view a fair bit but if you burst fire, it's pretty damn accurate.

M60 - Nice amount of power, pretty accuracy when under burst fire. Iron sights are very clear and easy to use.

RPK - Great iron sights and power but the biggest downfall is it's major innacuracy and recoil.

XM22 - Evil, absolutely evil, the iron sights are clear but they're so weird to use plus the gun has VERY bad accuracy and VERY low damage.

M40 - Hardcore with Magnum, 1 hit kill, you wouldn't need to care for the scopes look as long as you can see the target, it's pretty much the M95.

SVD - Ugly scope, bad damage, terrible recoil, it's just a bitch to use

M21 - My favourite sniper rifle, takes about 3 or 4 shots to kill and has a beautiful scope as well as slight peripheral vision and little recoil.

All the others are easy as long as you know what to do and have a decent tank driver or you are a decent tank driver.

Edited by TTD187

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No offence, but do people really need to boost for the weapon gold stars? I'm not that good of a player and I still got the achievement within around 3 weeks of release- M16 and M24 are by far the hardest though.

The only achievement I found hard here was "Ride of the Valkyrie" because I always had a terrible driver :L

And also, I got "Doing the Rounds" on my kill with the Tuk-tuk, but maybe that was just for me xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No offence, but do people really need to boost for the weapon gold stars? I'm not that good of a player and I still got the achievement within around 3 weeks of release- M16 and M24 are by far the hardest though.

The only achievement I found hard here was "Ride of the Valkyrie" because I always had a terrible driver :L

And also, I got "Doing the Rounds" on my kill with the Tuk-tuk, but maybe that was just for me xD

Yea, its far easier and more fun to just play the game normally. Just do Rush. Hardest guns were the SVD and M21 snipers.

Hardest guns were the SVD and M21 snipers.
I totally agree w/ you here. I got the gold star for the M21 a couple days ago and according to statsverse, it took me the longest of any weapon to gold star. Working on the SVD right now, i'm at 54 kills and 1 hour 26 minutes w/ the gun.

I'm not surprised people would boost the kills, just kinda shocks me that they mentioned boosting tanks as opposed to those damn Huey kills.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For "Ecstasy of Gold & Every Gun has a Silver Lining" I came up with a little plan that works pretty well for me since the Sniper Rifles in 'Nam were taking FOREVER to get 100 kills... I came up with this:

Sniping - Best Place is Hill 187 Team USA is the best to get LOTS of Kills, there's a GREAT mountain overlooking B, the hill above it and parts of C that can net you 10-15 once you get used to sniping with the gun your working on. That Mountain is outside the playing area for the opposing team so You Relatively Safe, though I forgot and moved up a little too far once & almost got knifed. Also obviously after a while of Killing enemies left & Right, the opposing team will start to spawn snipers to try and mortar strike & Snipe you also...

IF you Are playing Alone: Don't join a squad that way when the next round starts switch over to the other team so you can be on the USA team again & snipe from that mountain again.

[Although when you return to the main menu your 'Skill Level' number will say "0" in orange, but it's a small price to pay for The number of kills, it will go back up when you play matches normally again]

Edited by Vulger Spartan

• 5 months later...