The Official Bitching Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There always will be something in a game that upset gamers. As far as this Transformer game; I have yet to see a true reason to complain. The Single player has been amazingly great fun. And I hear the ending is epic. This isn't a game made to be 20 hr game. 7-10 hrs is perfect.

As for the MP: There's a variety of game modes, no lag what so ever{ in my experience so far}, connecting to games smooth transition, and the variety of creating and leveling your transformers.

Overall:This game is nothing short of fun.

If you are not a Transformer fan and not into MP, this may be a rental for you.

But if you own the complete G1 series on DVD, display your transformers from your childhood, this game is for you.

There always will be something in a game that upset gamers. As far as this Transformer game; I have yet to see a true reason to complain. The Single player has been amazingly great fun. And I hear the ending is epic. This isn't a game made to be 20 hr game. 7-10 hrs is perfect.

As for the MP: There's a variety of game modes, no lag what so ever{ in my experience so far}, connecting to games smooth transition, and the variety of creating and leveling your transformers.

Overall:This game is nothing short of fun.

If you are not a Transformer fan and not into MP, this may be a rental for you.

But if you own the complete G1 series on DVD, display your transformers from your childhood, this game is for you.

I agree 100%. im having a lot of fun with this one. As an old school Transformer fan, i see nothing to complain about, i think high moon did a fantastic job on this one.

My only "complaint" and its not a big deal, is that Optimus Prime from pre ordering is a destroyer and not a titan, just bc i dont like the destroyer class at all and id like to play as Optimus but like i said, its not a big deal..

Oh man....when you select campaign in the main menu and scroll through all the missions do they have the hard difficulty lit up blue under each mission? Did you hit continue every time you played or mission select? Also did you ever go and re select a mission to get an achievement? Just trying to help you problem solve I hope it's just something simple to fix. :(

At this point I don't know nor do I even want to check, just too pissed to hold that controller in hands. I'm liable to put it through my TV at this point. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I continued through the entire way, didn't do mission select, feel really cheated.

Both the Destroyer and Titan classes are BS. Destroyer just throws up his shield as I'm slapping his shit then kills me when I know one more shot would have killed him. Titan takes so much damage and then turns and one shots me. I find WfC multiplayer more fun and balanced. FoC's multiplayer is a POS.

Edited by VVh1pCr3am

The level select doesn't tell you if you've completed a mission on a certain difficulty. That blue highlight is to show you exactly which difficulty you've selected...thats it. If you selected normal or easy, then that difficulty will be highlighted.

Edited by seven43861

The level select doesn't tell you if you've completed a mission on a certain difficulty. That blue highlight is to show you exactly which difficulty you've selected...thats it. If you selected normal or easy, then that difficulty will be highlighted.

Thats Unfortunate. Hopefully someone else has completed it on Hard and can Shed some more light on the issue.

I'm currently about half way through on Hard, hasn't been too bad yet.

Highlight a level, then hit X to bring up the difficulty selector. There should be little pips under the highest difficulty you've beat each level on. Unfortunately, you'll have to bring it up on every stage to see which you missed.

Highlight a level, then hit X to bring up the difficulty selector. There should be little pips under the highest difficulty you've beat each level on. Unfortunately, you'll have to bring it up on every stage to see which you missed.

I'll try that when I get home, thanx for the constructive response.

UPDATE: It works, huzzah it works.

Edited by seven43861

Sweet dude! were you just missing one mission? What did you do to get the achievement???

I didn't switch the difficulty at all during my play through, but apparently the Chapter where Megatron lives; where I know I was stuck trying to fend off shotgunners, was what I needed to complete. I don't know if the game automatically changed my difficulty after a while of being stuck, but apparently as strong as the enemies were during that session I had only completed it on Easy. Anyways crisis solved, on to enjoying the game finally. At least till I start playing MP. :woop:

I've had my diff changed 3 tiems already.... I dunno if it's auto if you die too many times or what.

Though I am liking this more as I play ( for cheeves), The only bring down for is the (as most linear games) the speed of which you move. I'd just like to see the walk/run speed increased on some of these game.

Actaully now that I am thinking.. I grew up with G1 and followed the comics, toons, the movie and even into todays story line. I didn't like how some of the older bots were left out, yet some of the newer ones were in the game. I remember the building/creation of the combaticaon, dinobots, and even the briefly mentioned arielbots. YET most of those didn't even exist untill the 3-4th season of G1. If they were bringing in a mege decepicon, I would of prefered the Constructions (they whooped ass!!!) and Devestator (even tho they weren't part of the originals either). I also never saw preceptor unti the G2 series.

Edited by * Clueless *
Merged... Double post

I agree 100% about the Destroyer and Titan class. I'm trying to grind through Infiltrator class and can barely get any kills because the second I turn a corner, I run into a Titan doing their stupid twirling crap and I have no chance.

Also, Where the hell is my Co-Op Campaign... Is this 2007?

if you go to Difficulty Select Screen, there are little blinky thingies which indicate on what difficulty you absolved the level.

----------------------

My greatest complaint so far is the weapon-changing issue. When you come out of dash or transformation there is a huge delay before you can fire your weapon. also when you switch your weapon and want to switch it back, you have to wait before it's fully transformed...

they did it right in WfC, I can hardly believe that they effed it up this much!

I noticed also, that when you fire and switch to another weapon that there is a slight chance of reload your weapon instead.

It feels just not as smooth as in WfC!

----------------------

Whose bright idea was it to drastically reduce the amount of characters you can choose to play as in Escalation?

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2010/05/facepalm.jpg

Yeah I hear you. Hope they bring in more Maps with new characters...

Tieger said that it was about balancing issues and forcing Teamwork in Escalation... wouldn't it be better to choose from all characters and then picking the abillity that fits or missing the Team?

But I guess we have to pay again to play "the biggest cast in a Transformers Game ever!"

Edited by * Clueless *
Double Post, Merged :)

Not a bitch, just a consistancy gripe. 1st mission as bumble bee. When you come online, you're fending off decipticons who breached the control room windows as if there is no air, pressure or vacum. Later the autobot holds the door open, and later the hull gets broke through and you see the vacum caused by loss of air pressure and it suicks them out. When you get the gun online and the teather breaks through, you briefly see more vacum, but as you transform into car mode and leave the interior there is no air lock .... come on, does the Ark have an artificial atmosphere or not????

I'm going to bitch about the team balancing. I was in a game of 3 v 2 and i was part of the team of 3. All of a sudden, a party of 4 people joined and instantly put them on the team of 2 so it's now 6 v 3. Could high moon please patch this shit? I rather lose a match because the other team is better than losing because we're outnumbered when no one has quit the match. Split up the fucking party and have them back together on the next round or just keep them split up. I don't care. 5 V 4 would have been more fair if they had gotten to be their own team starting the next round and the 3 and 2 combined so as not to split up "parties". I then get into another room with a buddy of mine and it's now 3 v 3 in this new room. A party of 3 joins and we got shafted again as it's now 6 v 3. Is balance so fucking hard to some by?

/rant. Ok, i feel better. But seriously, i hope team balancing comes into the game soon.