New people are painful to watch

Hi

I'm not bragging or sitting on my high horse but so many people just don't understand how to play this game.

In order to kill somebody over lets say - 100 yards away you have to burst fire. I've watched countless gun fights fail because the guy shooting doesn't let go of the trigger!

This game also seems fine, even when I get a laggy match.. don't ask me how but I do well..

People keep comparing this game to Call of Duty and it's wrecking my head. It's not call of duty.

Nobody crouchs either!

Edited by McKnives

And the people who, even with a gun in the cheaper segment, prefer to live through a round over defusing the bomb. There's no use in living through a round.. Only when your team tends to lose a lot and you've saved a few round to get an AWP, that might be a moment to decide to let the bomb go off so you can give your team an edge the next round, but other than that i think a person should always try to defuse. I will respect a 5k/10d guy who defuses more then a person who's score is 10k/5d or even 10/0.

Fucking hell is there actually a purpose to this thread? U say your not gloating but name the title "new people painful to watch" sorry your highness but maybe people have never played a game like this EVER, after all it's nothing like CoD or Halo or Battlefield or killzone

It's what day 2 of release how about waiting a month before posting such threads? Ya know so people actually get a chance at learning the game

Fucking hell is there actually a purpose to this thread? U say your not gloating but name the title "new people painful to watch" sorry your highness but maybe people have never played a game like this EVER, after all it's nothing like CoD or Halo or Battlefield or killzone

It's what day 2 of release how about waiting a month before posting such threads? Ya know so people actually get a chance at learning the game

As bad as this guy sounds, I completely agree with him. There's really no need for you to post something like this- keep it to yourself. (When Gears 3 released, I knew lots of COD/Halo people jumped on board- and I had the patience to understand that they probably had never played anything like what they were trying.)

I myself have never played a CS game, I'm not very good at it... but I would assume that the PC people playing this port will understand that and have some sort of "self-control" to just leave it be :drunk

I mean geez, I'm sure it's VERY different to play this with a mouse/board than with the 360 controller. ;)

The only things I've seen him post in this forum is "I'm great" and "I'm the best CS player in the world all hail me" to paraphrase what his posts. That's across multiple topics not just this one.

Well, I'm quoting whatever he's saying on this thread... so I wouldn't really know. :confused:

All the people who think they're gods because they're old school Counter Strike players are just as obnoxious as the Call of Duty "kids" they're on the internet talking shit about. And guess what, I can make a blind guess that 99% of them play Call of Duty as well, seeing how many copies that game sells annually. If everyone hated Call of Duty as much as the internet made it seem, nobody would be buying it.

As far as people playing Counter Strike the wrong way, first I'll state the obvious - people in general are pretty stupid. But show me a single online multiplayer game where people play the way they're supposed to the majority of the time. Try playing a sports game online, if someone is losing they quit. Play a racing game, people just wanna smash into each other. Play a FPS objective game mode, people don't play the objective...etc.

With Counter Stirke being new to console gamers it's going to attract new players, so why not show new guys the ropes and show them that there are better FPS options than Call of Duty or Battlefield. Calling them an idiot is probably why they act like assholes in the first place. So far the Counter Strike community on Xbox is just as nasty as the Call of Duty community.

I had only played CS on the PC like 8 years ago and I was so young so scratching out the fact that I had past EXP with CS. I would say that if your good at call of duty or battlefield you're going to be good at CS they are all war shooters with the same idea of point and shoot to kill (press LT to make your kill box smaller) sure you don't aim down your sites so it maybe a little different. But my first or second game on CS I went 19 and 5 classic casual (it seems like all war shooter are pretty easy). There are going to be noobs that don't know how to play on all games but I think why you are seeing more on CSGO is because of the free trial I mean that's all I played because i'm not going to buy it (damn gamechat)

On a game of demolition, I had to sit the last 20 seconds to watch a newbie Counter-Terrorist look down at the planted bomb, while you hear him saying "what am I supposed to do?". To make matters worse, the terrorist was about 50 yards away, just SPRAYING with an AK. I'm not even sure if he hit the guy....

Needless to say, everybody on both teams was laughing their ass off. It was a priceless 15-20 seconds

I've adapted right into it. I'd only played a little Source at my friend's house, YEARS ago, so this was really my first CS. And I've never liked computer gaming, I've always been a console player since SNES, always will be.

Anyway I find most matches I'm kicking serious ass. I'm a diehard Rainbow Six player, and I see a lot of similarities in terms of aiming and accuracy. To me it really seems like a sped-up, cover-less R6.

I've played CS since 1999 and I think it's hilarious. They're so many lucky headshots because of spraying! :D

CS belongs on PC. I only play it on console, because I don't have a PC at the moment ... the controls are unresponsive. CoD is much easier to control with a controller. :)

Hi

I'm not bragging or sitting on my high horse but so many people just don't understand how to play this game.

In order to kill somebody over lets say - 100 yards away you have to burst fire. I've watched countless gun fights fail because the guy shooting doesn't let go of the trigger!

This game also seems fine, even when I get a laggy match.. don't ask me how but I do well..

People keep comparing this game to Call of Duty and it's wrecking my head. It's not call of duty.

Nobody crouchs either!

Welcome to xbox where people cant stand up and shoot, every game is filled with crippled people.

The more i play this the more i get Halo reach vibes, unreliable guns and bullshit.

Regretting my purchase

• 4 months later...

Ok, I admit it, I am one of these noobs who suck, and everyone finds it fun to laugh at me, instead of being constructive and assisting me in what would make things easier for myself and team. I just bought this game today (couldn't resist the one day 50% off sale) and I really enjoyed my time with it thus far, even though I suck. I play a lot of different games, so for me the biggest learning curve was learning this control scheme as I am new to Counter Strike. I found myself almost button mashing in my first game or two just to try to figure out what button does what. After that embarressment, I felt a little more comfortable and was starting to go positive in my K/D ratio and more importantly felt I could contribute to the team better as I would stick with someone and watch their back for a while to watch what people were doing to get better.

I must say this game does seem to be one that would fit into the ultra realistic category as far as gun recoil, and shot placement is concerned, which makes me want to get really good at this game. Just that initial learning curve is really difficult (thanks to the controls), I found myself tapping the fire button while seeing blood shoot out of my enemy, but I would always die in one shot it seems. Oh how that got frustrating, but patience is something that is needed with this game to improve. I really enjoy it, and always have a mic on, so if someone is kind enough to give tips I always like to give thanks. I do notice more so with this game than most others that the "high horse" players like being conceided and would rather laugh or insult than be constructive. My first impressions atleast, thank you for your time, tips, and laughs. Cheers!

• 3 months later...

I'm rather new to this game myself, and yes I suck at it. My first game I was getting owned over and over again by the same person all night long, I didn't get mad or start saying the game was trash like most CoD players would do, i'll just have to adapt to the gameplay and work on different tactics more suited to the game.

• 2 weeks later...