Guide to Universal Leaderboard Achievement (plus Team and Solo)

Finally, I have reached level 25 with my main account.

Been going at this for 2 months and 2 weeks with my main and 6 dummy accounts and 2 xbox's (one of which runs 24/7). Hopefully, I can reach the top in 2 weeks without having to buy additional time cards.

Edited by SithFloor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I have reached level 25 with my main account. Currently sitting at #15 on the universal leaderboard.

Been going at this for 2 months and 2 weeks with my main and 6 dummy accounts and 2 xbox's (one of which runs 24/7). Hopefully, I can reach the top in 2 weeks without having to buy additional time cards.

Congrats. I know how much of a morale boost hitting Rank 25 is. I am curious, how did you get to a 25 with only 6 dummies? The only way I can see it working is 2 accounts alternate to 9, then push one to 11, and use multiple pushes to make the accounts separated by 3, not 2. So it looks like this?:

25/you

9>11

That would work, but you are going to be getting so little XP from a single 23, and time it takes to rebuild a 23, it will be impossible to get #1 in just 2 weeks.

Best of luck, and hopefully I am wrong, but I do believe you will be buying 6 more 3-month cards. But at least then you can have 6 dummies helping you go up in Team after you have completed Universal.

Congrats. I know how much of a morale boost hitting Rank 25 is. I am curious, how did you get to a 25 with only 6 dummies? The only way I can see it working is 2 accounts alternate to 9, then push one to 11, and use multiple pushes to make the accounts separated by 3, not 2. So it looks like this?:

25/you

9>11

That would work, but you are going to be getting so little XP from a single 23, and time it takes to rebuild a 23, it will be impossible to get #1 in just 2 weeks.

Best of luck, and hopefully I am wrong, but I do believe you will be buying 6 more 3-month cards. But at least then you can have 6 dummies helping you go up in Team after you have completed Universal.

It doesn't take multiple pushes to move up.

Yes, alternate 9's to make 11/7.

The movement of the ranks of the lower dummies keeps the next acct at 11/12, and the next at 13/14.

Occasionally I won't have a 2 rank spread, it'll be 3, but after a short boost the ladder is back to normal.

I'm able to push up the 25 on every other complete ladder push...One to push the 21 to a 22 and another to make it a high 22/very low 23.

After alternating to 9's:

21 21>22 22

18 18> 19 19>18 18>19

15 15 15>16 16> 15 >16 16>15

11 11>13 13>12 > 13 13 >12 12

9>11 11>9 9 >10 > 9 9 8 9

9>7 7 7 >6 6 6 6 9

It takes about 24 hours for a complete cycle through the ladder. Then I work from the bottom again.

I assume this only work because I can swap profiles every couple of hours all day on both xboxes. I have to move one profile back and forth between consoles but that only takes a few minutes.

25/you

9>11

It doesn't take multiple pushes to move up.

Yes, alternate 9's to make 11/7.

Occasionally I won't have a 2 rank spread, it'll be 3, but after a short boost the ladder is back to normal.

I'm able to push up the 25 on every other complete ladder push...One to push the 21 to a 22 and another to make it a high 22/very low 23.

After alternating to 9's:

21...............................................21>22....22

18..................................18>.19....19>18...18>19

15.........15..........15>16....16>.15..>16........16>15

11.........11>13.....13>12.>.13...13..>12........12

9>11......11>9.......9>10.>..9.....9.....8..........9

9>7.........7..........7>6.......6.....6.....6..........9

It is quite confusing to learn the order of boosting but I can do it now without thinking.

It takes about 24 hours for a complete cycle through the ladder. Then I work from the bottom again.

I assume this only work because I can swap profiles every couple of hours all day on both xboxes. I have to move one profile back and forth between consoles but that only takes a few minutes.

Edited by SithFloor

Just to warn anyone who is going for this, there is currently a group of boosters aiming to block these leaderboards once more. They are headed by the current universal no1, Sham CR along with various other accounts including Silent xZ. They may say to anyone with high ranks that they are willing to derank to them as some of these accounts have been reset to 0 and so they no longer need the rank but this is not the case, they will try to steal your hard earned levels. I know your probably sick of this game Aerocoupe but if you could get that no1 spot back it would really piss these guys off.

sHaM cR glitched the GRAW leaderboards. That is the only way to get the Team and Solo #1 on the same day, unless you own a time machine, as I have estimated it takes 120+ hours to go from #1 in one to #1 in the other.

Silent xZ does not have GRAW on that tag, but maybe it is a variant you saw (Si1ent xZ or SiIent xZ).

Even if I wanted to, I can't retake universal #1. My ladder went into major disrepair as I sucked all the rank out of my accounts before they lost Gold. I think I only have 2 accounts of Rank 20 or above other than Cody, and probably only 2 more between 11 and 19. Besides, even if I pass them, it will only motivate them to boost even higher.

Just to warn anyone who is going for this, there is currently a group of boosters aiming to block these leaderboards once more. They are headed by the current universal no1, Sham CR along with various other accounts including Silent xZ. They may say to anyone with high ranks that they are willing to derank to them as some of these accounts have been reset to 0 and so they no longer need the rank but this is not the case, they will try to steal your hard earned levels. I know your probably sick of this game Aerocoupe but if you could get that no1 spot back it would really piss these guys off.

Yeah, that group truly is a group of d-bags. I'm so tired of getting "Can I derank you in graw" messages. Thankfully I was able to chase down and pass that fucker a mere 1-2 hours before he took #1. But before he made most of his accounts private I spent a few hours going through them and finding which ones had gamesaves. The leader, Sham Cr, picked up about 1300 achievements on one day 4/8/09 I think, and the Siilent xZ (*sp) account picked up over 1700 in one day (forget which day) and jumped about 350,000 gamerscore about a week ago. And that's not mentioning the Amazen Cr account that was already caught and suspended for cheating by xbox.

I noticed yesterday that another person in the group has entered the top 10 on universal, oi Solo Dolo io. (who also gamesaved the Team and Solo leaderboards on 4/8/09 and most of Graw 2 for that matter. Gee, I wonder who did that for him..."cough" Sham Cr "cough")

I'd say getting this achievement is a lost cause for a while until either the rest of the accounts get suspended or they give up in a few months. They will quit eventually because it'll be too costly to keep going for no reason. When that will be, though, is anyone's guess.

On to the Team Leaderboard for me....after I take a break for a few weeks. Not looking forward to the grind, but definitely looking forward to being done with this game once and for all. Luckily I'm already at 114th or something like that so it shouldn't take too long if I stick with it.

Edited by SithFloor

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've read this thread about 6 times now and like many before me I'm contemplating making a run at these three cheevos...

Was hoping the experts before me could answer a few questions:

1. Is there a way to not play the solo matches? I realize that they are being done in 30 second matches for 2-3 hours before deranking in team but is there an auto-pilot method for when you're not in the mood?
  2. Will the main account go up any quicker in solo if he's winning against say four opponents? (or does that logic only apply to "team" play?
  3. Are these guys that are blocking the leaderboard in universal using some sort of leaderboard hack and it is not possible to get by them or are they just getting number 1 and then continuing to rebuild the ladder and boost their "guy" higher...
  4. Is there a strategic method to which board to go for first? Or does it really matter?

thanks in advance.

Okay, I've read this thread about 6 times now and like many before me I'm contemplating making a run at these three cheevos...

Was hoping the experts before me could answer a few questions:

1. Is there a way to not play the solo matches? I realize that they are being done in 30 second matches for 2-3 hours before deranking in team but is there an auto-pilot method for when you're not in the mood?
  2. Will the main account go up any quicker in solo if he's winning against say four opponents? (or does that logic only apply to "team" play?
  3. Are these guys that are blocking the leaderboard in universal using some sort of leaderboard hack and it is not possible to get by them or are they just getting number 1 and then continuing to rebuild the ladder and boost their "guy" higher...
  4. Is there a strategic method to which board to go for first? Or does it really matter?

thanks in advance.

1. Only if you are working with another person. Only 1 (host) needs to be present. Loser can suicide in an elimination match and give other person the win. But there still has to be someone present to actually run the match.

2. Faster - no. More - yes. You can have a 4 way solo match on a single 360, 1 winner, 3 losers; by the time the losers drop 1 rank, the winner will have gone up 3. This will occur with the winner going up at normal speed and each loser only dropping 1/3 as fast as normal. You could also do an 8 way solo match, 1 winner, 7 losers; but that is not any more effective.

3. Unknown, but I believe they made it to #1 legit, so they probably are just continually rebuilding their ladder to push the #1 even farther up.

4. There is a strategy, but all depends on your situation. If working in a team of 3+ people, while the first person is working on Universal, the other 2 can help each other get Team/Solo when there is down time on ladder rebuilding or if they have enough 360's. For example, person 2 works on winning solo/losing team, person 3 works on winning team/losing solo. If they get their leaderboard achievements before the ladder is ready for person 2 to get Universal, they can switch and 2 works in team wins while 3 works on solo.

But for a single person working on it, do Universal first winning team matches, then derank in solo and get the rest of the wins needed for team, and finally win in solo to get that one.

So, if I understand you correctly, I could build my own ladder of 9 teams/18accounts, push myself up a bazillion times, and the get ultimate achievement.

Then, if i find someone that is going for the "solo" achievement, I could host a solo match and let/make them win over and over while I sleep. I would end up rank 1 in solo and could then auto-pilot wins on team while he/she auto-pilot loses on team. Then I host again and he wins solo, rinse, lather, repeat. Team achievement earned...

If only I had something to offer to "entice" someone to do most of the "solo" work.

Congrats Mister. Even if there is a reset, at least you can prove you got it when it still took dedication (date/time stamp).

Olot, If you get Universal by doing Team, it is best to get Team next, and save Solo for last. But if you get Universal by doing Solo, it is best to get Solo next, and save Team for last. Whichever mode you do to get Universal should be the mode you keep working on for its #1 spot, otherwise you will end up wasting more time... Get to Universal #1 while getting to top 100 in Team, just to turn around and get Solo #1 by dropping to about #65000 on Team before getting up to #1 first, that's bad time management...

For those who are wondering, the current #1 Sham isn't too far from #2 Cody. I had a low 23 derank to my main when I was ranked #3 and I woke up with the achievement. For now I'm not counting myself as the #1 anymore. I'll hopefull be deranked by Monday. I'm going for the Team leaderboard achievement so I can aim for the Solo achievement when the reset happens.

Congrats Mister. Even if there is a reset, at least you can prove you got it when it still took dedication (date/time stamp).

Olot, If you get Universal by doing Team, it is best to get Team next, and save Solo for last. But if you get Universal by doing Solo, it is best to get Solo next, and save Team for last. Whichever mode you do to get Universal should be the mode you keep working on for its #1 spot, otherwise you will end up wasting more time... Get to Universal #1 while getting to top 100 in Team, just to turn around and get Solo #1 by dropping to about #65000 on Team before getting up to #1 first, that's bad time management...

Aerocoupe, I planned on doing it like you suggested. What I was referring to in my previous post is that once I get universal, I would need to win team matches but start losing in solo (deranking in solo). If I could talk someone into doing the work, (i.e. winning against me in solo), then he could go lose in team while I go win in team, rinse and repeat...

Once I have "team" and that person has "solo", I would use my built ladder to push him up on "universal". Once I push him up, I would do the work rebuilding the ladder, (auto pilot), rinse and repeat til he has "universal".

Once that person was "universal", at no personal expense, they would then be grateful enough to finish up and go for their "team". They would then lose to me in solo so that I get ""solo" and they get "team".

It's a little more time consuming this way as well as a little more expensive, but the trade-off for me is minimal grinding. The other person is doing the grinding work, but has no expense of building their own ladder. Ans it's fair because we're both benefiting equally.

But all of this is on hold til the leaderboard "reset" debate is over. Strategy to adjust accordingly.

p.s. - If nobody bites, I will do it exactly as you suggest which is most effecient.

• 3 weeks later...

hey man i am currently workin on the universal achievement and i was wondering since u only need two accounts to go for the team achievement(if u are going for it) would u be willing to let me borrow some of your dummy accounts to rank up as soon as possible???? P.S. i also would really like to kno the answer to the question u asked above. thx. My gamer tag is blazin m16. You can either post back here or just send me a message over live which ever is easier.

If anyone is interested in deranking me, please let me know. On my spare time I derank in solo and rank back up in team. Since I'm already deranking to dummy accounts that don't need them, I might as well offer to derank to people who might need it. The offer is only for deranking in solo mode by the way. It's monotonous and it can't be auto pilot. My current rank is 23 but since my 12 account ladder is in tact, I can rank back up pretty fast.