RARE xbox360 games?

supadryz

I agree that most of the rarest are Asian import games but 99% of this thread will never play those. I can't even really think of any actual rare US/EU games (not counting limited editions, I mean ACTUAL game disc) because most have high print runs.

I really need to go through a lot of 70-80 NTSC-J & Korean games that I bought with 2 consoles (1 JPN & 1 PAL) & a Tournament edition fightstick for like 120€ (200$US) I know I saw a couple of Magna Carta, sadly not the LE though and some Lost Odyssey's...

Other than that I got all 3 Mass Effect CE, and all 3 Bioshock CE, complete with a non-damaged Big Daddy...

When I was beginning to catalogue some of my games (mostly for insurance appraisal) I found a new in box Harvest Moon for SNES, and damn that game has gotten expensive :eek: (at least here in Sweden)

There were a lot of great games I had forgotten and I got a little nostalgic, but I wonder if it would look too horrible on a 60" LED?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that most of the rarest are Asian import games but 99% of this thread will never play those.

99% of asian games are fairly common on ebay. Bioshock (Kor) is the rarest I know. It sells for about $150.

I can't even really think of any actual rare US/EU games (not counting limited editions, I mean ACTUAL game disc) because most have high print runs.

My Horse and Me 2 is not really rare. It sells for high prices on ebay but I went to a store in a big city in germany and it was sitting on the shelf 20+ times for a low price (less than $25). Tales of Vesperia is somewhat "rare" in EU (but always on ebay). Guess it sold only a few times.

Most can, but the truly rare titles cost an arm and a leg.

The ones that I'm finding hard to come across for cheap are Most Wanted (original title) and Bully (have the downloaded version but would prefer disk). I probably have more I'm looking for but can't think of them right now.

I found a "used" copy of the old Most Wanted for like $30 at Gamestop. I use quotations, because I'm pretty sure it was new, and never sold, and because Gamestop opens their new copies that are on the wall, they eventually sold it as used. The game and case are pristine.

That was probably 4 months or so ago. I was just in there last Monday, and saw they had another used copy on the wall, but didn't stop to look at it. I'm pretty sure it was still priced around $30.

I found a "used" copy of the old Most Wanted for like $30 at Gamestop. I use quotations, because I'm pretty sure it was new, and never sold, and because Gamestop opens their new copies that are on the wall, they eventually sold it as used. The game and case are pristine.

That was probably 4 months or so ago. I was just in there last Monday, and saw they had another used copy on the wall, but didn't stop to look at it. I'm pretty sure it was still priced around $30.

lol Ironic you posted this cause i just bought this title no less then an hour ago for $18AU on the EB Games web site.

I wouldn't say these are rare, my local games store as like 5 of each of these in the store and selling for about $20AU each
whoosh.

Guess I need to sell mine before it's worthless.

I saw one today in GAME that was used for £17.99, the thing looked as though a hungry dog had been at it for a while. Don't know how they could sell a thing like that for that price. Even the insert looked rough, not just the case.

If I came across a copy the same as yours I would have grabbed it, nice pristine games are always good!

Then this thread should only be about 3 posts long. Because outside of certain special editions NOTHING on 360 is rare.

To me RARE online buying is Cheetahmen 2.

Indeed! What about Tetris on the megadrive? Those are really rare, but you're right this should be a difrent thread alltogether.

In the UK I had a lot of trouble finding Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and Need for Speed: Most Wanted, I eventually got Need for Speed for £20! Which is impressive since the newer releases (even as recent as the Most Wanted reboot) were cheaper than the older game!

Omechambara Bikini samurai squad is pretty rare. I have only seen it once online and went to go buy it but it was sold just before i got to the shop.

Is that true?

I have at least 4-5 unopened copies (PAL) in the basement, used to buy lots of new in box older 360 games from closed stores and such, and most games aren't even worth taking to GS to trade in for whatever...

Is that true?

I have at least 4-5 unopened copies (PAL) in the basement, used to buy lots of new in box older 360 games from closed stores and such, and most games aren't even worth taking to GS to trade in for whatever...

New unopened seems to fetching a lot, even though these are NTSC:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001EOQV9U/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1368999754&sr=8-1]500 Service Unavailable Error[/ame]

Dunno, just because they're listed for that doesn't mean anyone's actually buying them. Used still going for around $20 with shipping, which is more than I paid for mine.

That "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" list is hilarious, though. DoAX2, X-Blades, Blades of Time, Rumble Roses XX, Bulletwitch, Lollipop Chainsaw... I'm sensing a theme.

CAN'T QUITE PUT MY FINGER ON IT, THO

Achievements are a fucking bitch on Onchanbara, though.

Bully: SE is pretty hard to find. And expensive when you do for a game released in 08.

Yeah if you want it from Gamestop you'll have to pay around $30 used and that's from the website, most stores don't have it. It's half that price to buy it through Xbox's Games on Demand, and it's rare that a Games on Demand game is lower then retail. I asked a GameStop worker last week why the game was rare on disc, he claimed that Rockstar at the time were more concerned with getting GTAIV out and didn't think porting Bully over to the 360 would be such a huge hit, so they didn't print out many discs. It's crazy how Bully is running $30 for the disc. I'm picking up the GOD port sometime next week, screw paying double just for a disc.

Im mildly interested in picking up this game, so I always look around for it in my local gamestop. I have seen two copies in the past year and both were just the disc in a generic casing priced at $24.99, so I passed. If im gonna buy it, I want original casing and a price around $16.

On a side note, has anyone seen a copy of Vaginal Insurrection? C.L.A.P Industries produced it in 2010.

New copies of Lost Odyssey.

Trying to find one for a decent price is impossible. I really want it, but I don't want a grubby used copy.

On a side note, has anyone seen a copy of Vaginal Insurrection? C.L.A.P Industries produced it in 2010.

I've never heard of that. That would be a sweet name for a band.

Just look at your local GameStop to see which games they think are rare.

Left 4 Dead $30 used

Left 4 Dead 2 $45 used

Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon $35 used

Magnacarta 2 $29 used (easily $50 on eBay)

TMNT $30 used (because a movie is coming out and in demand again)

I think those are impressive prices considering the age.

The only rare sealed game I own is Fritz Chess on the Wii. Only a few copies made for each market and a sealed copy runs over $100 on eBay, from what I gathered.